Changes To Classifieds.

The topic of the classifieds section has been in discussion.

over the past two weeks a number of fraudulent sellers have been called out by the forum.

The rise in fraudsters wishing to con us Starletiers out of our hard earned coin its something that has been troubling for the past two weeks.

We have revised the classifieds rules section to give the buyer and seller information they need when Selling and Purchasing on UKSC.

we are in the process of making up a few mock adverts to show sellers how an add should be wrote illustrating the amount of detail that is required for you to put into the advert.

I also spent ages early this morning trying to get our default post content working. Its running fine now, you might have noticed it.

When you go to post an add in the starlet parts for sale forum instead of having to paste in the template its already in the post box so you just fill in the required fields.

I have also enabled photo uploads for items in that section. The settings might need tweeked a bit but now there is no excuse to not upload photographs into your add to aid with describing your future items for sale. Just use the photo uploader located at the bottom right of the screan to upload your photo, you can navigate to the file on your hard drive.

From today anyone who does not put the right amount of descriptive info or no picutres up with their advert or price will be deleted.

We have enough mods on the case now that your add will not last long before it gets punted into the recycle bin if you do not upload photos, state a price, or give an insufficient lazy description

So dont be discgruntled if you find your add deleted as you have been warned

We are in the process of adding a reputation system just for sellers on the site.

Only did a wee bit of testing with the the post content mod but if you spot any glitches let me know.

we would have to manualy aprove each sale which would be quite labourius and labour intensive.

im sure anyone who brakes the new rules will know about it buy getting informed by the brousing population of uksc.

@micky boy, thanx

@russ. why dont we make it a 6k ultra rule :)

Good work, im glad something is being sorted about the scamming, as there has been a lot of it on this forum recently.

Totally agree that we need some sort of high post count before you can sell stuff, stops people joining just to sell something.

its a shame that a minority of people have abused the classifieds section so much that these new rules have had to be introduced.

hopefully this will stop the scammers and allow the genuine sellers to continue selling their items.

We are doing a few thigns to improve the honesty of sales. I think after it's all been finalised it will reduce the amount of people getting done over and also give members more security and responsabilty for buying and selling.

Looks good guys

I'm impressed at how quickly Admin/ Mods have recognised a problem, addressed it and presented a good solution. It shows just how much you care about your site and its members.

There are always going to be scammers and dodgy fookers but the more we can do to keep them away from this site the better! :D

Vive le UKSC Revolution! LOL! :D

Steve

• 1 month later...