Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

not looking good guys either the gear box seal has gone or the crank seal. either way its pissing oil onto the clutch so theres no point putting my new onw in. if its gear box seal it will be easier to buy a new box if its crank seal i can get a new one but its so close to japfest i dont know if i can get one in time :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well gearbox is off and it aint good. need a new one bit of play in the shaft and its pissing oil out everywhere. seals are buggered etc so need a new box now. looks like she aint going to japfest now :)

awww man thats a bastard, all the little bits and pieces you've been doin to it aswell

gutted for you dude

gutted mate truly am atleast im stigg going to japfest though :D

Nooooooo :)

Who you gunna go with then, Socks??

Yeh mate were halfing fuel so its cheaper for both of us. just gutted i cant bring the GT :(

Well had her i bits today

Photo0247.jpg

Couldnt get the hub nut off was too stiff so had to take the whole lot off to get the shaft out

Photo0242.jpg

Finially got the box off and this is what i found

Photo0243.jpg

Photo0244.jpg

Photo0245.jpg

Photo0246.jpg

As you can see theres oil pissing out the gearbox which should be clean inside and its not so the seals buggered which means a new box really as it will cost loads more to get it split and re sealed. so anyone selling a box please let me know

Plus as you can see the clutch and pressure plate have serious friction burns on them where its been spinning and getting hot. seriously not good. getting rather annoyed with this thing now and having a serious think about plans for her next. Thinking of a complete refresh. new standard parts on everything cause im getting sick of faults on her now

This is how she stands now :)

Photo0248.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys, i try to help out where i can :)

Glad all the bolts, joiners and clips are coming in handy Steve!

Dam i can't believe the box has gone as well!!!! Sorry i can't help with the gearbox, but im not giving up my sexy lsd one! You can see how fecked that clutch is as well, your lucky you didn't have the new clutch in there when the oil dumped into the box!

Steve, if you need cash for a new box then the money for the clutch can always wait as im not in a rush for it. Make sure you get the car sorted and road worthy first mate!

Jason :(

thats terrible news about the box dude! nothing worse when you put so much work and effort in and start feeling good about the car then you get a major upset! i feel your pain mate! hope you get it sorted soon

haha now that is an idea :) might have to wait till after japfest though he's taking me haha

and nah someone locals offered me one and its local so i might be in look

aw man i thought ya meant a driveshaft seal had went or somethin didnt think ya ment the main one. that sucks. your car still looks great tho just noone will be able to drool on it. hope ya can source a box quick .

trying mste but dont want to pay a stupid amount for one i cant afford it :)

and yeah it is such a shame with all the progress so far. shes nothing like when i bought her :) ahhhh well atleast i can get some good camera shots on the way down hanging out the window ;)

Well made a nice purchase at Japfest yesterday

not big or expensive but should make a nice difference :)

100_0295.jpg

Off to fit them soon

And also had a good chat with the lovely cheshire glanza yesterday and he's being kind enough to strip his n/a of its gearbox and also a GT drivers wing and send them down to me. So if i get the box fitted i can get the seal on my GT box repaired and keep it as a spare. Also get that wing sprayed and get it fitted which should make the bodywork look a bit better.

anyone know the paint code for the white gt's is it 040 by any chance?