• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so this weekends progress

well on friday i recieved my new rad hoses and samco pipe to come off the turbo

think its tidied up the bay abit

007-16.jpg

then cut the intercooler piping to custom fit the K24 turbo

006-14.jpg

then fitted the radioator filled it up and started the car up which i shouldnt of done!

i didnt no you had to prime the turbo up before hand

i went for a 2minute drive and its was pouring out blue smoke after the drive, i then primed it and took it for a 30second drive and it seemed fine but after letting it idle for 5mins its starting smoking again so possibly knackered the oil seals :D

i also have a massive bost leak and the car is only running about 0.1bar so havnt even felt k24 power and it already looks like the turbo will have to come off

im gutted!

im going to take all the intercooler piping off, see if there is any oil in there and re-clamp it all to see if i can get rid of the boost leakand then go from there

here is how i left it at the moment ready to strip down again next weekend

008-10.jpg

if anyone has any suggestions on why its smoking other then seals please let me no

007-16.jpg

006-14.jpg

then fitted the radioator filled it up and started the car up which i shouldnt of done!

i went for a 2minute drive and its was pouring out blue smoke after the drive, i then primed it and took it for a 30second drive and it seemed fine but after letting it idle for 5mins its starting smoking again so possibly knackered the oil seals :D

i also have a massive bost leak and the car is only running about 0.1bar so havnt even felt k24 power and it already looks like the turbo will have to come off

im gutted!

im going to take all the intercooler piping off, see if there is any oil in there and re-clamp it all to see if i can get rid of the boost leakand then go from there

008-10.jpg

if anyone has any suggestions on why its smoking other then seals please let me no

007-16.jpg

006-14.jpg

i went for a 2minute drive and its was pouring out blue smoke after the drive, i then primed it and took it for a 30second drive and it seemed fine but after letting it idle for 5mins its starting smoking again so possibly knackered the oil seals :p

im gutted!

008-10.jpg

Was txting him earlier grant, sounds like a big boost leak, like when you pointed out the clip i missed on my fmic when the vf24 lost all boost. You got the right attitude though ollie, strip down and redo it :D

Just taken all the intercooler pipes off and the airfilet off, there is no oils in any pipes and the oils feed return pipe had loads of oil in it, so I'm quite happy no damage has been done to the turbo, I also forgot to put washers on the de cat so there was a gap around the bolts

Im going to re-fit all the intercooler piping and make sure it's as tight as possible then see what happens :)

Fed up now!

So still smoking and very little boost, I took the car to 5k rpm and had a bit of chatter but very faint

Going to check the wastegate for any damage and then im stuck

Hopefully shorty is coming over Sunday, I'm sure I have missed something small but no clue what so sure shorty will find it :D

I also tried a vac line from the wastegate to the inlet mani and still nothing, what part of the inlet mani should I put it too?