• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

192.com mate, if you know his name and address you might get lucky

Just tried it mate, it shows that he exists but wants me to pay £150 to see all the details... Also strangely his real last name is different to the one on the log book..... Says one thing on the log book and something very similar but different on the receipt I made him sign... The name on the receipt is the one I can find online. The other has no record anywhere.

Anyone know another site or program I can use to get his number for free? Tried searching FB and google etc. No luck...

Thanks for all the advice too. But I think if I hide it and avoide the police, strip it and say I only have the shell, I'm only going to get in trouble.... It's on record that they pulled me over and explained why they had pulled me over... So they know the car is in working order because I was driving it lol. So I'm only stripping what I can, with the car to be left in working order.

Jeez, get a load of us to come up, strip it bare, cut the shell up and leave it for the scrappies to collect lol. Grind the numbers off of course:)

End of the day, the car is rightfully yours, what you wish to do with it whilst it is still yours is upto you. If you strip it to a bare shell and leave it there isnt illegal. They can only take away what is actually there.

Day

I'd feel horrible if I stripped it, cut the shell up and fucked it all off if nothing came of it :o And then I'd hate all of you lol! If it gets taken I won't give up without a fight... Like someone said above, with proof of ownership and a receipt from the previous owner, they got their money back... I have everything to say it's mine and where and when I bought it.... I'm pretty sure there is a way of getting my money back in some way shape or form.

See if anyone else can get this guy's number.

Brett Boydall from Walsall, West Midlands. Mother's name is Julie.

Only place I can find a record is www.192.com and they request a payment of £149 for a year access to all the website's details... Which I'm not paying lol.

Or have the shell delivered to the previous owner lol

Day

lol!

I'd feel horrible if I stripped it, cut the shell up and fucked it all off if nothing came of it :o And then I'd hate all of you lol! If it gets taken I won't give up without a fight... Like someone said above, with proof of ownership and a receipt from the previous owner, they got their money back... I have everything to say it's mine and where and when I bought it.... I'm pretty sure there is a way of getting my money back in some way shape or form.

See if anyone else can get this guy's number.

Brett Boydall from Walsall, West Midlands. Mother's name is Julie.

Only place I can find a record is www.192.com and they request a payment of £149 for a year access to all the website's details... Which I'm not paying lol.

lol!

So just go hide the bloody thing, main parts stripped off it. If they ask where the vehicle is, just say that its been borrowed for a couple of days, then strip it bare lol

Day

I understand how you feel not wanting to make the situation worse by gettin a bollockin for stripping the car. But if it's in standard form on steelies then i dont think they could say anything. Your mods are yours and they can't take them away from you, just like they wudnt be able to take your cd's or anythin else thats stored in YOUR car for example

Right I've taken a bunch of stuff out of it. Tomorrow I'm taking the coilovers off and putting standard suspension on (sorry Steve, if it gets taken I'll pay for it). Taking the decat off, the filter relocation off, loads of other bits and bobs that wont be too obvious.

Also I've just done a HPI check myself and suprise suprise...

Stolen This registration was recorded stolen on the Police National Computer on 1 Nov 2009 by Hampshire Constabulary.

So I don't know what happened with Matt's check or if the original report wasn't there... I don't understand why there was a 2nd stolen report 3 days after I bought it... I need to get in touch with the guy I bought it off... Anyone know anyway of finding someone's phone number on the internet if I have their address?

Mate dont worry about that. i only want standard suspension exactly for that reason. My black GT got written off and insurance company wanted to tow it away cause obviously got paid out for mine as it wasnt my fault i didnt want to lose my coilovers. but cause i sold my original coilovers i needed some quick. rung a local breakers for some that afternoon and they ended up robbing me 200 quid for a full set of shocks and springs the gits :o

so keep mine as long as you want and if they get taken away im not fussed if it helps you save your coilovers just give me a set back if and when you get another starbo etc lol

I am sorry to here about your upcoming troubles dude, but here is a plan... :p

Strip all your bits and Mods off the car, Take it to a forestry with a mate in a 2nd car.. park up, BREAK THE STEERING LOCK, cover your seats in petrol, then strike a match, take a deep breath, say whatever goodbyes you wish to say, put the match in the car and run at a considerable speed. Get into your mates car and shoot off home to bed.. get up in the morning, phone the PO-PO 'Oh dear my car has been stolen'. Then phone your insurance, get them to pay for the ''theft'' and buy a new car to put all your mods back on :p WIN!

At least no other bugger is having your car if you cant have it... :o

P.s Dont forget to take your keys out of the car as they might just suspect a little fraud..

Martyn

insurance fraud is not a good deal either. I hate it for you man, I really do, I don't know what I would do if my Starbo got stolen. but like everyone has said, Strip it and take everything you can, while keeping it drivable, then if they come take it, fight for it and try to keep it, otherwise, let it go and try to get some money back for a new GT. I wouldnt go about having the car "stolen", because, then you can get yourself in real trouble if you get caught. I also dont think I could chop a GT up or put an axe through it's roof, or light it on fire, it would make me cry. but good luck man, I really hope it works out for you.

IMO do anything dodgy and they will try and pin it all on you just as a quick way out save themselves hastle

Strip the shit out of it, take what ever you can yet leave it driveable and see what happens..........worse comes to worse you loose the shell + running gear......or get to keep it all = happy days.

chase the previous seller down if it was reported stolen 3 days after you bought it its obviously his doing, try and get the full story even speak to his mum she must know something mabe the company he works for?

If you have the adress just go round to the house or w/e you picked it up from no point talking over the phone. he`ll speak to you once then ignore you and never pick up, get a few mates and go to the address and let the dude know the craic....be nice

1st nov and they`ve only just caught up with you?? nubs.....

personally i wouldnt let the bastards have it, if it was reported as stolen but the HPI check came back clear then i would say its the DVLAS fuck up or whoever deals with it, but im not to sure how it works lol

gotta remember dude, the engine in the car is naffed anyhow... no.1 cylinder is down on compression... so its junk anyways... put the orignal bonnet back on thats creased, ive got a set of steelies with bald tyres on i think sumwhere, take all your stuff out and see wat they do :/

This is bullshite mate, :/

A little update on ideas... Apparently the original HPI check before I bought the car was clean. Which means they were wrong. This could mean that the original stolen case has been sorted and there was a mix up with the 2nd report on the 1st of november, or the HPI check was wrong in which case they SHOULD pay the insurance out so that I keep the car if it comes to that, for supplying false information about the car.... Apparently they're really good with "making up for their mistakes".......

Another thing. I was talking to my mate this morning who's mother is a police officer and she finds it extremely shocking that if the car is stolen, it managed to go through the DVLA and they sent me a NEW log book of a stolen car. She said they should have got it there and then.

Also doesn't make sense that so many other people have had it also and not "been caught"

Just trying to figure out why the 2nd report on the 1st of Nov was placed.... Going to the police station later with ID and proof of ownership etc to see if they will tell me anything but I doubt it.

Before I go, decat and coilovers are coming off first lol!

Thanks again Steve :o!!!