Well I've rang around today and finally got through to a section of the police phonelines that could help.

The officer that pulled me over is going to ring me tonight when he starts work (10ish) and I'm going to ask him all the questions that I have logged up in my head!

The guy on the phone said whatever I do, don't break the car, or sell the car what so ever shape or form or I can be done for handling stolen goods. He also said that if I carry on to drive it and get pulled by someone that's a "bit harsher" like a traffic officer, then they might just take my car from me there and then even if I am innocent and legal...

I will find out more when he rings hopfully!

Also took the decat and other bits and bobs off today.... She looks shitty with the old bonnet back on ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the car was reported as stolen that's a cat c or d write of and when you went to insure it the insurance company would of picked up on the fact it's been written off and would of mentioned it to you as stolen or written off cars are more expensive to insure

If the car was reported as stolen that's a cat c or d write of and when you went to insure it the insurance company would of picked up on the fact it's been written off and would of mentioned it to you as stolen or written off cars are more expensive to insure

nothing adds up!! lol ;) Hopfully there will be some silly explaination :) quater to 10!

right let me get this straight, they said they can do you for handling stolen goods for parts you paid for?!

gutted to hear this though mate, just put all standard bits back on and just try get all the bits you can off it really

hope everything goes better when he gives you a call

I don't think it'd apply to parts he got after buying the car, I think its more for parts that were on the car at the time of the sale (eg, bodywork, interior, etc, etc)

right let me get this straight, they said they can do you for handling stolen goods for parts you paid for?!

gutted to hear this though mate, just put all standard bits back on and just try get all the bits you can off it really

hope everything goes better when he gives you a call

A similar situation with my brothers Type R...

He bought it from an auction then found out the chassis number had been tampered with. He called the SVS out (Stolen Vehicle Squad) who checked the car over fully and said it's fine and was once before stolen recovered. He got it on the road and got shit off the police a few times, but he told them the full story each time. Then the DVLA wanted to see it and they sent us a letter, they told him to take the car down which he did but for some reason they said they couldn't check it on the day.

By this time, which was 6 months later, my brother was bored of Vtec and wanted a diesel so the car was up for sale. Someone came to view the car, we told them absolutely every detail on it and the buyer was happy with the price he was paying for it. He left a deposit and was due to collect 5 days later, however the police came to our house the day before he was supposed to collect it. It felt like they had nothing better to do, no matter how many times my brother showed them the SVS report, they would come back nagging. This time the officer said he needs to take it to the DVLA once more, to which my brother said no chance, as they are a waste of time. He said he would be in touch the next morning and if the car was sold he was going to arrest my brother for handling stolen goods.

The next day he waited until 3pm no sign of the police and then the new owner came to collect the car. My brother left his number with him and said to call him if the police said anything at all. Officer comes knocking on our door once again the next day, and my brother told him the cars sold. He was being an arrogant twat as he was quite shocked my brother didn't listen to him (the law doesn't say he should have listened) but there was nothing he could do. He threatened my brother that he will be seeing him in court as he didn't listen to him and that he can be in prison soon for handling stolen goods. Completely full of shit. 6 months later and we have heard nothing from the previous owner or the damn police.

What a mess Idrees. Nothing adds up in this. Trying to just not think about it now lol...

Bobby bullshit never rang me :/. I'm going to give it a couple of days and give the station a ring again to remind them to get him to call me.

I've been speaking to Tat who once owned the car and funny enough, he bought it off someone who worked at a car parts garage (fits the criteria). Tat also had to send off for a new log book as the guy he bought it off "lost it"....

But, how the fuck did Tat manage to get a new log book if the car is stolen? He also said he did a HPI check and it was clean. And on top of all this, the car was reported stolen in 2009... 15 months ago lol.

Tat had it in april 2010, the guy after him had it 3 months and now I've had it 3 months... How can it swap so many hands and not be caught if it's stolen?.... If it's recovered I'm going to raise hell in court, aimed at the DVLA and the police for being so shit. There are so many holes in the whole situation!

I also have the details of the guy Tat bought the car off... He fits the criteria that the police have told me about, but judging on where he lives and the time he sold the car.... seems unlikely to be him that stole it.... Never the less I don't fancy ringing him to ask about it considering he may be the one that stole it lol. Could be an awkward phone call!

I'm kinda getting sick about the way the police are these days. With Idrees' story, how is that doing their job? Its their job to threaten people?

The way they are handling your situation is awful here to be fair. I cannot see how this has got past the DVLA several times.. If you bought the car two days before it was reported stolen, that would go STRAIGHT to the DVLA and they wouldn't have processed your documents, instead they woulda been in touch with you, as would the police, for buying a stolen car.. I mean, lets face it, we could go out, break into someones house, take the documents, keys and the brand new Range Rover, whack it up for sale, sell it and everything will go through even if the victim reported it.. Seems as easy as that the way your cars story is going.

I'd vote, even if this situation gives over, that you should get a new GT and swap the good bits over. Its a possibility that the car is a bit dodgey too - considering its history and its previous owner working for some garage - that it could have accident damage thats not been reported and repaired poorly.. who knows?

Fed up with the shit comments everyone has for the Police now, why can't things run the way the actual sodding book says?!

I'm kinda getting sick about the way the police are these days. With Idrees' story, how is that doing their job? Its their job to threaten people?

The way they are handling your situation is awful here to be fair. I cannot see how this has got past the DVLA several times.. If you bought the car two days before it was reported stolen, that would go STRAIGHT to the DVLA and they wouldn't have processed your documents, instead they woulda been in touch with you, as would the police, for buying a stolen car.. I mean, lets face it, we could go out, break into someones house, take the documents, keys and the brand new Range Rover, whack it up for sale, sell it and everything will go through even if the victim reported it.. Seems as easy as that the way your cars story is going.

I'd vote, even if this situation gives over, that you should get a new GT and swap the good bits over. Its a possibility that the car is a bit dodgey too - considering its history and its previous owner working for some garage - that it could have accident damage thats not been reported and repaired poorly.. who knows?

Fed up with the shit comments everyone has for the Police now, why can't things run the way the actual sodding book says?!

hahaha! This made me giggle ;) You're absolutely right mate.

However today I received a phone call! Not from the guy that pulled me over, but from the chap who was officially in charge of the case lol. I have to start by saying I was very happy with the level of interest and friendly approach that he gave me and the situation.

It was quite a lenghthy phone call but I told him everything I know, when I bought the car, what documents I have, what I know about the previous owners and what they had told me, adresses and phone numbers, where it's been and came from blahdy blah, to which he was extremely suprised to how much information I had gathered considering he had practically fuck all (oh yeah! I'm good, you know it, detective inspector Adem).

He has taken the "stolen marker" off the car so that I won't get pulled over any more. He is also keeping all of my information and details confidential and also isn't informing the people who placed the report about me or my details.

He said that as far as he is concerned, the car is mine and as I have all the paper work, a receipt and the fact the car has been through numerous people, through the DVLA numerous times etc etc, in a court case I should win hands down.

He said the only people that might contact me on the matter now are the people that claim to own it, and in which case the most they can do it take me to court, which I won't worry too much about because they should be taking the guy that stole the car to court, not me lol... I bought it legally and fairly. They need to resolve it with the criminal.... The officer in charge also gave me all his contact details just incase I need to contact him ;) so personally, I have to say a good service from the Police on behalf of this one chap!

So long story short. I shouldn't worry about the situation. The most that will happen is I get taken to court by the garage that it was stolen from and I'll tell them to fuck off and get their money from the guy who sold it lol!

WOOP!