So, basically after umm-ing and ahh-ing about what Jap car to go with next, I surprised myself and made a fairly sensible decision out of nowhere.

It's practical, seats 5 people fairly comfortably, can be used for fun or cruising on the motorway, etc..

I know most of you will hate it, but I'm chuffed with it so far, and I managed to pick up a really good example. Here's a pic until I get some better ones up:

197751_10150153710835856_503275855_8617315_8252135_n.jpg

Feedback appreciated, good or bad..

Thanks for the nice comments, better response than I expected to be honest! I initially was going for a black one, but it turned out to be a shitter and caught the owner lying about several things so I walked away.

Went to view this one a day later, it was on the owners club, 50k miles, FSH, cambelt and waterpump changed. I'm a bloody hard guy to please with paintwork and I can barely fault anything on the paint with this, which is always a great bonus for me.

Brembo's are squealing a bit at the moment but hoping some copper grease will sort it out at the weekend.

Loving it though, and like you say Iddy, the drive is fantastic, it really clings to the road and has the power there when you want it but also feels nice to drive sensibly.

Going to enjoy the power at 225bhp for a while and then go for the AmD remap which takes it up to 265ish bhp with 285ish lb/ft torque. It's amazing how much you can get for £300 when you don't own a Starlet! :p

Thanks for the nice comments, better response than I expected to be honest!

Its shit an you should be shot for not owning a fucking EP now fuck off...

There ya go bud is that more what ya expected...:p

These are nice car's an buying it from an owners forum does make it a lil bit better as you an trace the history a little to, friend brought one an i was amased at the compfyness at speed an how well they handled to..

How long ya thinking of keeping it??

That's more like it!

It didn't have much of a progress thread, but the posts he did have didn't state anything negative, and with a MASSIVE list of what he had done on the last service (which he got done at AmD) with it costing nearly £600 and him not being cheap it felt like he was bothered about the car. He seemed equally as sad to see it go as I was with my Starlet too so I can only assume he cared for it!

They are lovely on the motorway, put the armrest down, into 6th and cruise. I nearly wanted to fall asleep during a 50mph speed limit on the way back, it's like sitting in an armchair!

As with all my cars I intend to keep them until they die, however all cars annoy me and if anyone ever offers me a price I have in mind then it could leave. Right now this is the perfect car for me though.

I need to try not to get too into the modding game again, even with the standard suspension on this I've scraped the splitter more than 5 times already, they sit so bloody low!

In that case you can donate the splitter to me, pretty please! :p

I really want a Cupra R front bumper for mine but they're so expensive! I love the way they have a more pointy look at the front end. Saying that though, I may be selling mine soon as I'm struggling to keep up with the insurance costs.

my friend has got one of these (although in 3 door).

FMIC

Revo Stage 2

Full stainless steel turbo back exhaust

Coilovers

about 300bhp he says

my other friend had one of the older ones

absolutely slammed, revo stage 3, ks03 turbo, full smoothed (door handles etc)

dynoed at 340 horse power

64809_10150267230525083_812840082_14981645_1314926_n.jpg

These things are rapid, and can look so nice when done well.

Looks stunning Bill, they are nice cars, borrowed my mates 20vt before and it went sooooo well for a big'ish car and was comfy.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Nice to see so many compliments! I'll get some better pics up soon and let you all know about the progress.

Iddy - The splitters are only about £30 from the stealers I think, get one there? Or did you mean you wanted the whole bumper? If so, jog on! :p Why sell? Get rid of one of your thousand Starlets! This was cheaper to insure for me than the Glanza was.

TrisK - As Iddy said, they're that's an Ibiza, similar though and I bet that thing knows how to shift! Not a big fan of the styling on the older ones at all though really.

Sparky - I am impressed with the power of it, I thought it'd be a bit sluggish compared to the Glanza but the power delivery is different and it can get about 58/59mph in second gear so it gets there in no time. Really fun cars to drive and I find it sticks to the road better than the Starlet did even with the current tyres which aren't the best!

I bet the stage 2 Leon flies, he must spin up everywhere with that? Mine spins for fun already as standard!

his has traction control, which i think helps. - for day to day driving and in the wet

but obviously it comes off if your going to have some fun

and caning it round twistys is *so* much fun, but the tyes are absolutely screaming, everywhere

and it loves chirping into every gear if you shift flat out

TrisK - Traction control is crap tbh, it spins (even on mine), then it basically slows you down, then you proceed to accelerate at a good speed. That's what I've made of it anyway! It's alright, but I'd much rather have it off and learn how to drive the car properly with it off.

It handles quite a bit better than the Starlet imo, it gives you a feeling of confidence even on the stock suspension.

Thanks for the nice comments guys, glad people appreciate it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hoping to get round to detailing this at the weekend, so I need thoughts on whether you guys think the vinyls on the bonnet need to go.

I didn't like them at first but they've grown on me at an alarming rate and I'm now considering keeping them..

IMAG0293-1.jpg