my red jam ep91 ( update 24-2-09) page6

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it just goes to show ya if you do it right even 18s look good on a starlet, man well impressed good work, i cant imagine the handling been all to good tho on 18s like steering responce ect ect

none the less prob one of my fav looking glanzas ive eva seen!

thanx for the minted words and replys people im loving these rims,!!!!!

im just gagging to get the four pots on.

yea im holding onto the blue leagues and weds for now,

How does it handle with 18's on it?

no different to with the 17s on it to be honest, the coilovers are insainly stiff(F12kg R10kg) so with that the car is very hard to drive on public roads as it is regardless of the size of wheels.

wheel and suspension combo would be a their eliment on the track though.

but when u painted the bumper and splitter u could have repaired the drivers skirt too man!!!! :):o :o i know, im fussy like that!

lol i know you are, just taking one look at your car says it all, spotless

i could only work on the car a few wk nights before jae so did not have time to do the skirts and rear bumper but thats all in the pipeline :o

thanx for looking people :o

A much nicer lookin set of wheels there mate,i never liked the blue ones but then thats just me!

A tad big for my liking but hey it aint my car and it'll be mint when finished off thats for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

thanx for all the nice coments makes modding so much more worth while

the car is looking really well Geo!! though definately have to say 18's would not suit any of the roads over here!!

wat hybrid is that? i ve one that kitaro sold on at the minute at jus over 200bhp at the fly @14psi and it seem to be reliabe and pulls well!!

yea they dont suite the roads ove here neather but it wont be on the road much anyways.

thats one of my gt-spec hybrids i think its the therd revision where yours was a g-spec i think

cant wait to get it on, i need to price up a set of 7mgte supra injectors still

do you have any dyno graphs whitestarlet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

another little update, after not driving her for 7months i started work on fiting the turbo kit,

first off i gave the car a compression test on all the cylindders to see if i did any more damage when the turbo shat itself

for those that dont know what a compression tester looks like i took a few pics.

the enginebay is needing a thorough gut by the way which i will do once she is running

P1010409-1.jpg

P1010408.jpg

the readings were 170-150-150-150

anywere from 130-180 is healthy

to get the car under shelter she started first time. . .

the last three days have been used to fit a new turbo, manifold and decat transplant

stripping the ac, and taking away a few other bits n bobs

the speedvision manifold was a total cunt to fit, requirng one of the bolts to be trimmed.

P1010435.jpg

P1010443.jpg

managed to mount the twin solonoid boost controller in a snug place, had to move the abs gubbins over a wee bit.

P1010457.jpg

new turbo set up

P1010447.jpg

fucked turbo lol nice noise when it blew though lol

P1010462.jpg

and all the shit readyfor the bin

P1010461.jpg

now this has left me to 15minuites ago, got everythng plumed up and filled, charged the batter and went to start it,

luck would have it it wouldent start, i think there is a short somewhere in the electrical system becuase when i turn the ignition on, once the servo primes

all the dash and boost lights flicker on and off and i can hear a relay clicking in behind the dash somewhere, spent fifteen mins trying to figure out if i undid any earths but not too sure whats goin on so im gona have to get the sparky out tomorrow,

can anyone shed some light on whats wrong????????

Was going to ask for a update after seeing your Avatar the other day :p

Glad your keeping faith in Athena mate new set up looks the Muts Nuts!!!

Hope you over come your little issue soon :)

OH AND HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU GET AWAY WITH RUNNING 18's AND THAT LOW :p

I cant even run my 16s tidy, grrr ;)