my red jam ep91 ( update 24-2-09) page6

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

Me 2 ;) :p

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Enzo

thanx for the minted words people

time for a wee update,

been prepping the bumper to get rid of the stone chips and one of the arches after hitting a pot hole goin round a corner

therealenzo_26522969.jpg

if you havent noted taken away some of the suports for the licence plate holder- was gona mount the plate further up to the side of the bumper but instead ill get a custom sized plate to go with the actual size of the plate holder(using the privatge plate on beril)- ive not seen it done before so might look pretty good :p

therealenzo_26763936.jpg

the cars been missing for about a month, the leads totaly failed on me one morning goin into work so replaced them with some new ones, which didnot get rid of the problem

changed the plugs to find the route of the problem as a wee crack in the porcelin around one of the spark plugs,

therealenzo_26764067.jpg

with that sorted i booked the car to get mapped by paul bartelo, the guy is so technicaly able to do anything in his own wee workshop. so while he installed the boost pressure sense to my emanage me and a mate set about gutting the cat to make use of the emanage the most

my mbc never arrived intime so paul knocked up a funky bleed valve from scratch- i was amazed whatching at how he constructed it from a bare bit of aluminum using the laith to drill through it, tapping it etc lol

therealenzo_26764383.jpg

after that was sorted and the cat gutted we toured out to map the v. learned soo much at how to do mapping on the move,

first paul adjusted a voltage value to the ecu to bypass the fual cut, then we set about mapping the car to 15 psi

therealenzo_26764119.jpg

he used the an afr gauge to monitor the af ratio. the car was running pretty sweet apart from leanining out as the fte came on boost(aparently normal to all turbo aplications)

he also had these "det cans" he used to monitor to see of any signs of pinking or detonation.- was quite surreal wearing them whilest booting it listening to the engine.

we put the car under different loads and also maxed it out to just under 8000rpm i wanted to see if there were any signs of nock at that engine speed.

paul also increased the fualing at the top end so i can spit out the od flame.

the drive back from his was amazing. apart from mowing down a low flying object lol

therealenzo_26763895.jpg

therealenzo_26764167.jpg

wee bird didnt stand a chance lol

gutting the cat along with fualing the car up to 15 psi has made it a total animal, mid range grunt is in my eyes breathtaking for such a small car and ive been having shit loads of wholesom fun with athena since then.

im in the middle of prepping the my speedlines to get sprayed the same as idrees white ones for track duties. at some point when i have time ill be fitting my racing seat along with stripping the interior. managed to crack the vented discs so some sort of brake upgrades on the cards (managed to do this wih the upgrade i did on my last ep before it went up to the sky) so need to find a solution to this as its obviusly my style of driving doing this

there are a few other bits and bobs aswell that ill update again soon :p

the drive back from his was amazing. apart from mowing down a low flying object lol

wee bird didnt stand a chance lol

:p:D:p:p

Paul sounds an amazing dude, not long till the white minx pays him a visit, good work :p

S.

• 3 months later...

havent updated this for a while so thought id let people know how im gettin on with athena and that shes not been cheeted on with beril lol

friday before jae, i set about fitting new discss and pads aswell as updating the actuater - to stop the loss of boost higher up the revrange

and finnishing off the spraying of the car

the new actuater fouled the jam intercooler so i could only mount it using one of the bolts,

managed to get it on and took it out for a rag, the car was lethal holding boost all the way to the redline, then five miles up the road the car shit itself with a spangling noise out of the exhuast followed by plumes of smoke.

cause, - the actuater pipe popping off causing the turbo to overboost.

so ive been saving the pennys for a gt-ct12 hybrid and i plan on dropping in an fhe unit in there.

i managed to finally fit my bucket seat,

turns out it came with a gc8 imprezza seat rail so had to to abit of fabriaction with a welder to make it fit

her's my mate sean sitting in it so you can gauge how low you sit in the car,

hes six foot,

i can barely see over the wheel when im sat in it lol

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

she wont be back on the road till after april me thinks as its coming to winter and i dont see the point with all the salt and shit, just means i can get pucka bits for it..

so my current plan invovles reconditioning and fitting these gt4 four piston floating calipers i have

and getting the hybrid on and mapped on the current engine, but this time around im going to do it properly investing in a proper boost controller and an a/f gauge to tell how helthy the tune is,

the fags for refrence as the calipers are hooj

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00157-1.jpg

and heres a wee pic all polished up before jae

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

her's my mate sean sitting in it so you can gauge how low you sit in the car,

hes six foot,

i can barely see over the wheel when im sat in it lol

DSC00148.jpg

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!..............

you have a mate?

haha

kiddin, looks extreme. Liking the upgrades and future upgrade.