my red jam ep91 ( update 24-2-09) page6

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update!!!

got back from work a d took the intercooler out to find aobut a litre and a half of oil spuwing out from when i blew the turbo,

took it off and thorougly cleened that, chaned the oil, sparkplugs and filter, then started her up and took her for a blat!

the car isnt just nippy any more but fast,

after 4000 rpm the car just puls and puls and puls all the way to the redline. where as in a mormal v the midrange is eye opening but the top end is gash witling away at 5000+rpm - this however is like a peppy na with decent pull from 3k. . . .at 4k smils all round, once i go over that ive unlocked this healthy power band which just pulls and pulls all the way to the redline.

sweet spot is therd gear at sixty and upwards she feels special.

i would strongly recomend this hybrid to anyone after a night of driving its money well spent.

sorry for waffling on but it feels like ive got a new car !

Sounds good geo, I'd really like to see how it compares to mine, mine pulls best from 4.5k upto 6.5k, a less restrictive mani realy helps release the power up top, the stock one will give you a little less lag and better pull low down but the gains from a free-er flowing one up in the revs is so much better.

I've never been keen on hybrids as they never seem to give that good figures, I'd want at least 220bhp and 200ftlbs yours certainly sounds good if it is making nice power at just 9psi, get it cranked up!

PS I love the mess of your old turbo! :angry: I don't think mine was even that bad when it wasn't getting any oil.

Sounds pretty savage.Even hybrid ct9's usually run out of guts at the top end.

Seeing as youve dumped the shite ass aircon now, why dont you relocate the air filter straight off the turbo and dump that ridiculous efi S bend.Its just going to be heating the allready hot air up by sucking the warm shiz from the back of the engine bay then grilling it on the manifold bud.

What injectors you going to run with that hybrid too? 330's ?

Im not a fan of big wheels on starlets, but i have to admit that youres does look pretty sexual :D

I was thinking of stepping up to 16" just merely to bring the jam kit a little higher from the ground but id never think of putting 18s on mine :lol::lol:

Keep up the good work bro

@ragger. thanx man ive already done that. plus the efi pipe wold not fit over the inlet of the turbo so i have a samco bend and cheapy universal filter. yea im gona use some 330s and do a spot of tuning myself.

@riko

they are one of tongs turbos hybrids. once i have the injectors and pump then im gona go all out on a power run to see how much it can make.

@wallace

when you get back from your hols we can meet up and you can gauge from there. an older revison of this hybrid cracked 221bhp with a different compressor wheel so im hoping for the same power or more as i know what you mean. alot of hybrids dont really produce that much power over a stock ct9. il give you a shot and you can tell me what you think.

Oops i didnt see youre efi pipe off in that picture of the crap youre dumping :lol:

My bad.

Its going to be interesting to see what power you can get out of youre hybrid, as im doing the same with my turbo dynamics hybrid..

By all accounts mines rated upto 250 and 1.4bar which would be awesome with no lag.

Only time will tell though, i still havent decided on my new ecu after dumping the hks pfc fcon.What are you running? a jam system?

I need a set of 330's so if you find any for sale Enzo gimme a shout :D

yea if you pm speedvision he can sort you out with a set of injectors buddy

im running an emanage blue. why did you ditch you fcon?

when are you gona get some upto date pictures of your brief up, would be really nice to see some fresh photos :lol:

@wallace

when you get back from your hols we can meet up and you can gauge from there. an older revison of this hybrid cracked 221bhp with a different compressor wheel so im hoping for the same power or more as i know what you mean. alot of hybrids dont really produce that much power over a stock ct9. il give you a shot and you can tell me what you think.

Sound mate, definately will need to do that, won't be until july that I'm back like but at least the roads should be dry then!

• 3 weeks later...

thought id post up a pic for this months photo competition,

P1010742.jpg

there are still a few things to be done the now but ive been doin a few choice things to the silver, v,

i cant wait to get athena on the roalers which should be soon