uk spec ep82 n1400 drag sled "mr bap" (vs glanza v vids. 11/12/11)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks awesome mate! old skool cool! loving the wheels aswell, where did you get them from?

ive got a glanza turbo inlet mani and throttle body you can have for free dude if you want it?

@ Rory they are 14s with nankang skinnys

@ charlie im out and about tonight

@russle aye did the convo up there, dannys sound as fuck

@ bigman aye this jdm engine came with turbo manifold and tb but aye il take them for another project in the future if thats cool. how will i get them?

ok update, heres just a few more pics of the stance at the moment

post-2-1310757389_thumb.jpg

post-2-1310757307_thumb.jpg

post-2-1310757449_thumb.jpg

ive racked up maybe 200 miles since mr bap has his new heart and the fact that theres no powerstearing belt not sapping away at the crankshaft along with the ligther weight, it defo feels peppyier

cant wait to take this back to crail

il post up better pics soon, but undecided what front bumper to go for

there are two jdm versions and also the one thas on it the now, il hunt out some pics so you guys can help with the decision

too rite im creaming over it, :lol:

all that time up at crail is what hooked me dude.

i dono, just loving it, the na's can take more of a kicking than the turbos, the fact that this is just as fast as a stock 4efte is something for me.

soz to the guys who asked what exhaust it was its a fujibutsu, joz's old system

@ the toffinater aye thats a good idea, i need to find somone local with standard fte power so we can orchestrate a wee vid.(il get thinking on that one as it would make decent viewing to the ep nuts)

the only shit thing about it at the moment is it sounds so shit, the mani thats on there the now has a crack at the collector from one of the four pipes so it sounds like a tractor even though it goes well.

with the fte mani on it the power and torque is totaly peaky, fitting the corolla inlet gave me a nice usuable dolop of torqye lower down in the revrange at the expense of top end power, shaved .2 off my qm time withit

@ johnny gt, sell your s and import one over dude, saying that though ive been looking for one for over 3 months for a customer who was hooked after seing mine at crail, the 100ps jdm 4efe ep82s are uber rare in japan in 3door manuals.

but tbh mr bap is rough as fuck(paintwork dings and dents) but at the same time everything about it feels totaly retro to me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@ gaz it will raip your yaris now dude,

its official mr bap is faster than a glanza i have at .9bar

went for a raggle on trade plates last night and at .6 there is no contest, the na raips the turbo ep.

but at .9 the na pulls a car length from a standing start off the line then ever so slightly pulls on the v, after 80 it just walks all over the turbo ep increasing the gap by a considerable margin.

• the engine spec the now is
  • c160 six speed
  • asco lightened flywheel
  • fhe cams
  • upraded lightened ud pully
  • no pas
  • four banch header
  • fujibutsu na power getter

with the lightned flyhweel and ud pully it revs a bit like a sports bike now.

still need to time it up correctly and fit my emanage but the pic up on it is amense :p

i need to get it motd and taxed hopefully this week then il post up some vids.

anyone local with a turbo ep up for some video banter?????

this thing sounds awesome dude, cant wait to see it. should get your name down for the track day at blyton park :lol:

gutted i can no longer afford to keep pushing on with my n/a tuning ideas :( got a load of parts that i could use too