uk spec ep82 n1400 drag sled "mr bap" (vs glanza v vids. 11/12/11)

ok this is the drag sled mk2 after my other one was written off

to check the old build thread out look here

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=31857

ok picked this up for just over 200 quid travelled down to london on the mega bus to get it (what a mission that was 1o hours on a bus)

was impressed with the performance straight out of the box with the 2e and 75bhp will do 120 on the flat with ease(even though it said 108 on the satnav) thats the same as my flat mates ek3 so theres alot more perfomance in this than say an ep91 sr. think its just down to the weight

its a kudos model so its proper poverty spec and says the weight is 750kgs on the firewall which is pretty cool

the bodywork is faded to fuck but apart from that shes solid

post-2-1308174323_thumb.jpg

next to the dude! donor dad

post-2-1308174435_thumb.jpg

post-2-1308174524_thumb.jpg

soon as i ws in arms reach of the tool kit got to work stripping it and fitting the advance lights

post-2-1308174604_thumb.jpg

post-2-1308174642_thumb.jpg

post-2-1308174680_thumb.jpg

post-2-1308174720_thumb.jpg

post-2-1308174766_thumb.jpg

taking us to yesterday spent 50 mins on the bonnet alone with the rotary polisher too get the paint back and it will take even longer to get the rest of the bodywork up to scratch

took it to the local weigh bridge and its down to 727 after getting rid of the jack, tool kit, spare wheel and rear seats etc

so am happy with that

tomoz im gona spray up my br racing alloys i picked up on the road up from london - was gona do them gloss black but open to ideas

il also finnish off the polishing and fit my coilies

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye im going to get the front and rear facelift jdm bumpers but at 120 a peice theyre quite expensive and would cost more than the car

engine box, flywheel. solid mounts will be going in at some point next week :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
love this shape, poverty spec FTW. how much higher is the insurance on these than a normal u.k spec?

ive lost you, i think the kudos is actualy hi though at group 8

Nice!

What sort of weight are you going to try and aim for?

sub 700 for sure to get ther il be needing lligth weight windows + hatch etc

Haha, looks proper shady taking apart a car in an underground car park!

Good to see what happens, is the rear garnish from the old one going onto the Bap too?

lol aye thanx dude, no the garnish is gracked to fuck from the impact

ok update

got my dream alloys for this build, a set of wedsport tc005s

the rims and tyres alone cost more than the car

post-2-1310430222_thumb.jpg

post-2-1310430253_thumb.jpg

also got it slammed on its tits a few days afer that photo aswell as fitted 25mil hubcentric spacers and a brand new jdm rear bumper

the stance is minted now so will need to upload pics

got the convo all done and dusted in a few days swappin over the dashes, taking brakets off and getting both engines swapped across

a few pics

the 2e running like a trouper with 173 thousand miles on the clock, yea thats rite!

and was still good for abuse before i ripped it out

post-2-1310430415_thumb.jpg

engne bay cleaned up ready for the new heart

post-2-1310430744_thumb.jpg

jaydee em bullet engine ready to rock

post-2-1310430905_thumb.jpg

post-2-1310430973_thumb.jpg

last pic in its new home

post-2-1310431111_thumb.jpg

aye plugged everything back in, and dash also, checked all the earths, charged up the batter and she fired first time

whichtakes me to now, just need to get a spot of welding work done on the manifold where its cracked at the collector and get some hangers welded on for the exhaust

was following it down the the garage in the white ep before i did the convo and im in love with this its pretty retro with the jdm bumper and the uk spec square fog light in the hatch,

will post some pics once its out and about again.