I fully volunteer a weekend turning spanners if you need any help dude. It would be such a shame to see her split before she reaches her full potential. Il have a look for a new toyota headgasket, its here somewhere n free to good home. As morgey says the blowby is pushing oil out past every seal. The 5efe ecu adds more fuel than the 4efe does. A 4efe with 50mm tb and 5e ecu flys...

Anyway Ill find this.headgasket and be in touch. The bores may need a wipe or youll get away with changing the rings just. Theres a healthy 4efe nit far away from you if you need to keep the car on the road I can swap a na in a few hours

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth mentioning that if you need a venue I can clear a space in the garage for a few days lads. More than happy to help out if you are stuck. Think I've still got a 4efe headgasket that Phil gave me for nothing. Too far in to give in now lol.

I fully volunteer a weekend turning spanners if you need any help dude. It would be such a shame to see her split before she reaches her full potential. Il have a look for a new toyota headgasket, its here somewhere n free to good home. As morgey says the blowby is pushing oil out past every seal. The 5efe ecu adds more fuel than the 4efe does. A 4efe with 50mm tb and 5e ecu flys...

Anyway Ill find this.headgasket and be in touch. The bores may need a wipe or youll get away with changing the rings just. Theres a healthy 4efe nit far away from you if you need to keep the car on the road I can swap a na in a few hours

That's excellent Noel, thanks very much! I can get a lend of the tool to hone the bores, that shouldn't be an issue. I've got the 5e- ECU in now and notice a good bit of difference with general drive ability.

Worth mentioning that if you need a venue I can clear a space in the garage for a few days lads. More than happy to help out if you are stuck. Think I've still got a 4efe headgasket that Phil gave me for nothing. Too far in to give in now lol.

Thanks Jay, I really appreciate the generosity of both you and Noel.

I'll have a chat with you guys later on and hopefully arrange something.

Once again I really appreciate this!

felt your pain a few times Chris, dont blame you for being pissed off.

great offers there from the NI chaps, sounds like a potential plan to save her!

Phil.

It's a horrible feeling Phil, but I really can't thank the NI members more, I really appreciate the offers.

its some of the NI chaps that have saved me from selling up multiple times, especially Jay. and if that gasket i gave him years ago can be put to good use to save a project, then happy days!!!!! NI members dont let projects die without putting up a good fight first!!!!

hang in there buddy! hopefully it can all be sorted ASAP!

Phil.

Im so glad this is hopefully seeing a turn around :)

N/A all day :D

You'll be so happy once you get it sorted, trust me every time i take mine for a drive and i hear the throttles screaming away it almost makes me giggle like a little girl :lol:

Edited by morgey

its some of the NI chaps that have saved me from selling up multiple times, especially Jay. and if that gasket i gave him years ago can be put to good use to save a project, then happy days!!!!! NI members dont let projects die without putting up a good fight first!!!!

hang in there buddy! hopefully it can all be sorted ASAP!

Phil.

I've really seen the community spirit of the N.I. members come out now. It really shows the good hearted nature of the folks on UKSO which have saved my EP! Cheers in advance for the headgasket dude!

Hopefully she will be rolling strong in the very near furture!

Im so glad this is hopefully seeing a turn around :)

N/A all day :D

You'll be so happy once you get it sorted, trust me every time i take mine for a drive and i hear the throttles screaming away it almost makes me giggle like a little girl :lol:

Cheers Morgey! Yes indeed N/A FTW!

I'm going to put off the throttles for a while now and get the problems sorted first. Let the new rings bed in etc. I just got the finished product back yesderday too!

I can't get on photobucket in work, so I'll add a few pics tonight as a teaser!

When rebuilding the engine you need to drive it in fast and hard to reach optimum sealing and have it healthy for long, don't forget that. Driving it in slow and soft is worse for the engine than getting it straight on track and rev the shit out of it.

Oh and rev, did you raise the rev limit to stock 7800 yet?

Yes this is what i want to hear :) big up th N.I massive!!

As the saying goes, good things come.... :D

Ahah look forward to it!

Hopefulyl it all pays off in the end! I won't keep you hanging dude, I'll get photos of the fished product up tonight.

When rebuilding the engine you need to drive it in fast and hard to reach optimum sealing and have it healthy for long, don't forget that. Driving it in slow and soft is worse for the engine than getting it straight on track and rev the shit out of it.

Oh and rev, did you raise the rev limit to stock 7800 yet?

I though it was the other way round? Take it easy when running the engine in.

I haven't no, didn't really want to get it mapped while it's burning oil.

Well, as my Router is broken I can't give you the link but someone building engines for racing bikes made this statement and proved it. Two exactly identical engines who run in the same races and where build the same time. The one driven in hard made more power and when disassembling the cylinders of the softdriven where black and coaled, the ones from the hard driven in were as if they were new. What do you think why a car driven by a granny makes less power than one driven normal? Because the piston rings can't sit right and don't bed in as good if driven carefully.

Well maybe you can find the topic with the link, it was somewhere on here.

See I have heard a lot of different opinions on this. Quite a few people have said it run the engine in as it is going to be driven and some say take it easy.

My neighbour who has been helping me with the car, builds and tunes race bike for the TT's, his opinion was to run it in gentle for around 300 miles then start to drive it hard.

anything you need dude just post it up, and I'm sure if one of the NI chaps has the part(s) sitting around they'll be only too happy to help! just shout dude!

Phil.

Will do mate, I'm going to create a list tonight, hopefully it won't be a long one!

Am I right in thinking head bolts can only be used once?

Cheers Morgey, though you might like them.

If boredom takes over tomorrow, I might have a go at fitting them.

I drove the car about 20 miles today and there was alot less smoke and the clutch wasn't slipping.

Yeah i do :)

Have they got vaccum fittiings on the other side im guessing? Pretty sure i remember you saying you were getting a vaccum manifold so i'd assume so. If you're lucky it might run on the standard ecu then altho it will be very badly i imagine.

That seems a bit strange it would stop again, the oil level isnt low is it? Lol

I still need to make up a vacuum port, so I didn't bother starting today, plus the F1 was on :D

Check the oil level and its 3/4 of the way up the dip stick.

Here are some photos of the vacuum manifold.

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/cgreen1993/media/WP_20130630_001_zps201a3947.jpg.html'>WP_20130630_001_zps201a3947.jpg

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/cgreen1993/media/WP_20130630_002_zpsd6b6fd18.jpg.html'>WP_20130630_002_zpsd6b6fd18.jpg

I got the new top mount fitted, 40mins with mate trying to get the nut off, borrowed an impact wrench and it was off in a matter of seconds.

The manifold/stubs are way to be faced today to ensure a good seal against the head, due to possible warping during the welding process.

Made some plans for the ITB's - going to get two vacuum ports welded on to stubs 1 & 4. Meaning the brake servo is running of a seperate port rather than through the vacuum manifold. The other one will run the vacuum manifold, in turn running FPR & sensors and various auxcilery hoses.

PCV Valve - Planning on drilling this out to open it up. Running the following set up PCV->Catch Can->Atmosphere

What are people opinion on the the above set of concerning the PCV Valve?

Not sure on the pcv setup but with the vacuum mani id imagine you would still get quite bad pulses running it like that.

I know its hassle but if it was me id run all four to one manifold to give you the most even signal (thats how a stock plenum works) and take fpr, brake servo and map from that possibly with pulse reducers on all bar the brake servo.

Just my 2p but im sure you've looked into it already lol

Not sure on the pcv setup but with the vacuum mani id imagine you would still get quite bad pulses running it like that.

I know its hassle but if it was me id run all four to one manifold to give you the most even signal (thats how a stock plenum works) and take fpr, brake servo and map from that possibly with pulse reducers on all bar the brake servo.

Just my 2p but im sure you've looked into it already lol

If have been doing a bit of resreach on this, I seen a few things online where people are only taking one feed from one stub and other taken an even feed across all four.

Do you reckon it would be better to take across all four? I was initially only going to take one, but opted for two, a seperate for the servo.

If have been doing a bit of resreach on this, I seen a few things online where people are only taking one feed from one stub and other taken an even feed across all four.

Do you reckon it would be better to take across all four? I was initially only going to take one, but opted for two, a seperate for the servo.

I know my 4age they have incorporated a vac mani into the throttle design, each one has a single feed on the under side which all join into one another and in turn feeds into it. This supplies the map sensor (still has a pulse reducer inline) and brake servo, then the two outer have another feed each. One for for and another for an idle valve or something on the underside of the throttles that i cant see.

Im pretty sure theres also a feed to the throttle stop dampener on mine.