Charlotte's GT Advance- Massive overdue update.

got a few things done today. finally got the new fuel filter on. got the longer oil feed for the turbo on (not a lot in it tbh) and got the civic rad fitted :) did a few wee nips and tucks in the engine bay and got rid of a few bits that i don't need and overall it looks a bit tidier :)

17d2dy.jpg

xyrz5.jpg

2q0w1s2.jpg

357hy10.jpg

recaro is going in tomorrow too :)

want to get her back on the rollers to see what she's pulling now. at a rough guess i'd say i think it's between 175bhp and 200bhp. somewhere in that region i think. would like to up the boost to a bar also :)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha cheers guys :)

Do you want a list Matt? Not pointed out by Sam in his glorius build thread but I bought the td04 oil feed, bottom rad hose, he's got my bonnet, brake discs and pads... But he's a sweetheart and has helped me no end with mine, and I'm going on his insurance (we've not discussed this yet, but it's happening ;) ) haha.

You wouldn't believe the piles of spare bits and turbos and stuff we've get piled up. Actually could build another one!

And no I won't be at japfest, I'm working pea season (lol) so I'm working and sleeping for 10weeks starting in June. Then mines off for management and map on a td04 :D. Sam might be there in his though :)

Charl, u must have seem my comment on the profile. I said the same thing about people not caring for CT9 builds much. Lol. It seems true as well.

Stick a TD04 build etc up and peeps jizz all over it. (going TD04 in a few weeks...lols)

Charl, u must have seem my comment on the profile. I said the same thing about people not caring for CT9 builds much. Lol. It seems true as well.

Stick a TD04 build etc up and peeps jizz all over it. (going TD04 in a few weeks...lols)

Bloody iphone lol

Yeah I know, unless it's got a td04 or it's a "track slag" nobody cares. The "track slags" make me laugh the most, a lot have them are just crs with stripped out rears :/.

Nobody believes me when I try and tell them how well mine goes. Sick I trying to convince people that's it's pretty nippy. It will hopefully see a few quarter miles locally by the end of the year so see what times she gets before and after going td04 :)

Edited by funny onion

Looking good miss! I really like the cut out grille too :p Would have to keep it all nice and shiney behind there though and I don't think I could keep up the maintainance hah!

How are you going about fitting the recaro? Have you got a custom mount or are you going to make one?

Looking good miss! I really like the cut out grille too :p Would have to keep it all nice and shiney behind there though and I don't think I could keep up the maintainance hah!

How are you going about fitting the recaro? Have you got a custom mount or are you going to make one?

Welding some feet to an Almera rail? Not entirely sure, Sam just took over on that one, I was gonna go get some rails from scrapyard an massacre those instead :p

Haha! Good old Sam with his mechanical theories. "Stick some feet on the almera rail love, jobs a good en". I have faith :). If it were me I'd take the rails off the standard seat and see if they match up anywhere on the recaro? Might strike lucky... never know. If not, could just weld it on lol. Easier than making a "custom mount" surely

The recaro base is wider than the standard seat :(. I have faith, Sam will work it out haha, if have gone about it a different way but I'm sure his is te better way haha. I have a more "bodge it" attitude to stuff like that lol.

Amjad I have no idea if I'm honest, a mate has an Evo 4 an they're in that and looks like standard interior but not sure. I love it and can't wait to get it in :) will put pics of the rail it's on and stuff to hopefully shed some light on how it's been bolted up :)

Awesome keep us updated on how you get it fitted! If I pick them up I want mine to go in my NA then in my GT so they might be a bit of hassle haha

That does sound like a lot of messing about! So many problems would be solved if 82 and 91 rails were the same :(.

Looks like Sam has pretty much lost interest in this anyways so I'm on my own with trying to sort some rails out to make it fit. Might take a trip to scrapyard in the morning and grab a few different sets of rails.

Dead easy to fit as obviously I had it

In mine use your standard rail from your seat and just weld a small plate at the side of the original bolt holes and hay presto drill a hole through the plate so the seat will bolt to the rail and it's in that's how I did it and the same with my omp's saves messing round with new rails etc took half an hour with a tape measure a welder and a drill 😜