Abbotts Greddy TD05 Track Glanza

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always excited when I see your post bump up the list, awesome as usual matey

Cheers Si will pop down with it when done and go for a blast.

Looking good mate, Nearly there now buddy :).

Manifold and Turbo set up is mega

cheers Jamie does look good on there been waiting for ages to see it like that

Awesome stuff mate! That turbo is an animal!

thanks liam :)

O my..............

:thumbsup:

This is all just amazing lol really want to see this all pulled together, great build :)

thanks chap. hope it wont be too much longer :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well yesterday I thought I would pop down to Robs and see how the engine is coming on as I know he has been manic with work and design products and has not had much time to spend on mine.

One of the request I asked him to do was to weld up the PCV valve intake and vacuum line on the face of the inlet and smooth off and then send away to get aqua blasted. only left to do on that is tap some vacuums in the back ready for take offs.

DSC05394_zpscd8eab1d.jpg

various powder coated, zinc coated bits have now been fitted on the engine so its slowly getting there.

was nice to see the turbo kit on the engine in person I bought the down pipe with me to see how that fitted and all good.

we have got to modify the oil feed as line is crazy to big

DSC05386_zpsbdde4126.jpg

DSC05387_zps9980fe3b.jpg

DSC05392_zps1e3ab2ba.jpg

DSC05388_zps126bda55.jpg

DSC05389_zps47dc53ed.jpg

DSC05390_zpse09f0334.jpg

DSC05391_zpsaae2b880.jpg

Also in process of making up a letter box style baffled sump. the baffle plate in the sump has had its spot welds drilled out and removed.

cardboard templates were then made to the baffled we required to get made up in steel and was sent off to the laser cutters to get the plates made.

received these and got them to Rob and he has tacked these up to get these in the right place so it can be tested for fitment and then can all be welded up and installed.

DSC05395_zps427002ae.jpg

DSC05396_zps50e9f03b.jpg

DSC05397_zps2ddd6f96.jpg

more to come on this in the next week.

the builds slowly getting there just the problem with myself and Rob my engine builder are so anal about stuff and has to make sure its 100% perfect on everything.

That is some Engine... Some Turbo... and SOME Setup!

Cant wait to see it in the flesh running Abbott!

thanks chap. yeah im looking forward to see it running too :) also want to see yours now as you have done a lot since I last saw it.

Sump is coming along nicely abbott how long till there ready buddy ?

Motor looks fresh pal :thumbsup:

Jamie hope its not going to be much longer I will call you later and explain

thanks buddy

This is such a good build James, but that's to be expected with your previous cars.

Are you planning to retain the stock inlet with the final setup.

thank you mate. I am retaining stock inlet for the final setup, the inlet has been port matched with the head. looking at cars in japan pushing the same turbo it will be ok and still make a good result.

• 1 month later...

time for an update

not really been doing to much recently but picked up my new passenger seat which was a rare item and Recaro CL7 (special edition seat only available in Japanese market.

DSC05437_zps318b7551.jpg

DSC05436_zps4b427697.jpg

well went down to rob a couple of weeks ago to see how a few things where going but due to his work load he has not had much time to work on engine and still awaiting some parts. But he had been getting on with my sump and another member who has been very patient.

the plates which I got laser cut had been tacked and test fitted for correct operation in the last update. so the finishing welding and machining needed to be done then off to the aqua blasters to been done so it all fresh and then can be welded in place once back.

IMG_4073_zpse116e1fa.jpg

IMG_4075_zps847f925a.jpg

IMG_4074_zps301b0ccc.jpg

back from the blasters

IMG_4076_zps78ca805b.jpg

IMG_4072_zps34303a54.jpg

IMG_4071_zps10db1717.jpg

then on the 2/11/2013 I went down to Rob Before I go away on Friday to discuss and a few things and arrange a date for collection and finishing bits to be done. Well he managed to do some of the stuff I requested what I wanted done and was happy to see further progress on the engine.

vacuums are now drilled and tapped on the back of the inlet 1 more to put in tho as I miss counted. also another pic of the smooth front now with the sensor in.

DSC05434_zps597552e7.jpg

DSC05429_zpsc86c746a.jpg

Rob had got my thermostat housing aqua blasted and removed the water ports for the turbo and replaced with grub screws as my turbo is not water cooled. also fitted the roose motorsport hose from the water pump pipe to thermostat housing.

DSC05430_zpsc50a794d.jpg

DSC05432_zps2f16eab5.jpg

DSC05431_zpse0cfd873.jpg

DSC05433_zps945cc973.jpg

pic of the engine before further bits

DSC05435_zpsa29a336f.jpg

the sump is now all been welded and the window flaps been welded in and its been off to the powder coaters and now looks amazing.

DSC05450_zpsd2a9f177.jpg

DSC05451_zps2092580d.jpg

DSC05446_zps4838acbb.jpg

DSC05447_zps2ae7d670.jpg

DSC05448_zpsb6a4e2b4.jpg

pic with one of the flaps open

DSC05449_zps12a90123.jpg

DSC05459_zps1b6a2aa3.jpg

DSC05458_zps2c49ab1d.jpg

DSC05454_zps0a8fe1d5.jpg

Picture with all the sump fitted and bonded on

DSC05440_zps6c266969.jpg

DSC05442_zpscb0e8b26.jpg

DSC05445_zps10c7fc92.jpg

the next update will be collecting the engine on the 23/11/2013 so until then!

Awesome work as always mate :)

Love the baffled sump, really fancy one for mine but don't think I would use it properly to warrant the price of one.

thank Liam its nearly there. they are not to bad on price chap and like you say depends what your using the car for.

Im over the moon with the sump abbott i really appropriate you sorting me out pal ,

The build is coming along nicely mate , Looking forward to more updates :)

Glad your happy chap now you need to update your thread :)

cheers dude more update will follow in a couple of weeks.

this is some build man, love the zinc plated bolts, look forward to even more updates, congrats on the baby also :)

cheers chap. thanks mate he's a fast growing baby, now 8 months old.

Awesome work bud. Such a quality build.. Attention to detail is ridiculous. Wish I had the patience/money lol.

Who do you use for your engine builds? And have you got a contact number at all?

I need my valve stem seals done and wanna get it done by a trusted builder with experience of the fte engines and that's local.

Don't Wana have to do it twice!

Was gonna text your brother Pete as I know him as well, to ask you but thought I'd ask you on here too!

Cheers

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

keep up the good work abbott..

looking very nice matey..

Robs just finished my mate Toby's forged 4e..

hope to see you out before end of year before mines hibernates.lol

Cheers jay but car wont be done this side of christmas as trying to find time with working loads at the moment. Yeah met toby a couple of times nice car hes got.

Awesome work bud. Such a quality build.. Attention to detail is ridiculous. Wish I had the patience/money lol.

Who do you use for your engine builds? And have you got a contact number at all?

I need my valve stem seals done and wanna get it done by a trusted builder with experience of the fte engines and that's local.

Don't Wana have to do it twice!

Was gonna text your brother Pete as I know him as well, to ask you but thought I'd ask you on here too!

Cheers

Sam

Sam drop me a pm and will get it sorted for you :)

Cheers for the kind words. Your more than welcome to pop up and have a look.

yh toby said he ha met you..

I took toby out in Saturday night around lakeside as he kept nagging me.

he was so surprised at the smoothness and aggression of mine..

think his 2014 is got larger.lol...

shame wont be out before xmas dude, as mines off the road till May2014..

Sell me the JAM cooling panel pleeease :) one of my favourite builds this without a doubt

Ha ha ! Ive just bought it back off the person i sold it to a few months back :)

Cheers dude

yh toby said he ha met you..

I took toby out in Saturday night around lakeside as he kept nagging me.

he was so surprised at the smoothness and aggression of mine..

think his 2014 is got larger.lol...

shame wont be out before xmas dude, as mines off the road till May2014..

Cool cool need to go in it too. Just have not got the time at the mo to get stuff sorted.

Update !

Jamie i will try and update this weekend got loads of pics and big updates ;)