Abbotts Greddy TD05 Track Glanza

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome I love this.

Thanks chap

He gets every where that Krissyb, can't wait to get this running in the next few weeks and also Steal that ep82 cooler for the MK1

Yeah tell me about bloody pain in the arse ;) yes kris fingers cross this weekend for the start up :) yeah im sure we will sort you out with my spare greddy cooler ;)

As always looking rather stupendous!Keep the updates rolling!

Thanks Matt will be a few more updates to come im sure :)

Is that a thermostatic sandwich plate? Been trying to figure out if there's enough room to fit one to mine with PAS in place

The thermostat is in the filter relocation sandwich plate chap there is def enough room on the greedys as there designed for the starlet

Speechless abbott its coming along nicely i must pop down and have a look at her :)

Thanks jamie will see you at the weekend may even let you take a look :)

Top job dude :)

Thanks mate. Hows your glanza coming on?

Great work.

Phil

Thanks phil

Amazing as always bro!

Thanks liam :)

Also not much of an update was breaking a glanza at the weekend and while i was breaking it came across aload of import documents and found these. Great find and in great condition always wanted origanal items like this

8DBDDBA1-DDF2-43B5-9B02-0DB0A04AB5FD_zps

Hopefully more of an update with the finishing bits a d then the final start at the weekend :)

Looking amazing to say the least buddy, but I feel the car is let down by that bonnet latch not being anodized hehe

Thanks dude dont worry thats next to be dobe already on the least ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Update

After getting the hard pipe fuel fitting managed to get round to fitting it after getting to the point of getting to start the car we had a fuel leak on this olive due to not fitting it correctly so had to cut it off and send it back to speedflow and they found the issue and sent me a new fitting

IMG_4782_zps88f80770.jpg

Then got it fitted the second time and is all good.

DSC05590_zps01db5fec.jpg

Back to the making up the rest of the fuel lines measuring them up and get them to length and get them fitted

DSC05588_zpsc85bf231.jpg

DSC05589_zps9a4c8e12.jpg

DSC05599_zps9178394a.jpg

DSC05601_zps27b2235d.jpg

Then worked on the next part to get the defi oil pressure sensor in somewhere as the fitting I kept buying were the wrong thread so managed to find yet again speedflow helped me out and sent this so went straight out and fitted to make sure.

IMG_4819_zpsb8f3ad3a.jpg

DSC05598_zps1190aaae.jpg

After them issues were sorted made up the catch can breather lines.

DSC05602_zps08c4f1e2.jpg

DSC05603_zps703cf30e.jpg

Next up was to remove the plugs and efi fuse and turn her over making sure we got oil round the engine and through the turbo return. Managed to start her up and get her running and sort the fuel pressure and set the timing up

Few pics before we started and a little video of her running.

IMG_4781_zps55f8a4a1.jpg

IMG_4780_zps98650d65.jpg

th_IMG_4779_zps0dfd9d82.jpg

Then decided I did not want the custom coolant header tank so order a new fresh one from Toyota along with the new bracket

IMG_4796_zps66e4f9be.jpg

And proceeded to fit and all looks OEM

IMG_4804_zpsa7f4f5a6.jpg

DSC05604_zps3f4f14a8.jpg

Next on the list was to get my passenger Recaro seat fitted big thanks to Vit and Japperformance spares for sorting me a custom rail out

DSC05610_zps747bfd40.jpg

I then decided to take the scuttle panel off and found it to be like this

IMG_4936_zpsefed5e7b.jpg

Gave it a good clean and came out like this and gave the scuttle panel a good clean and put back on

IMG_4937_zpsbac04a11.jpg

IMG_4940_zps219dd367.jpg

While the car been off the road the bonnet had been lent up against the wall and had got damaged one of the corners and bent back and found a dent in the front of the bonnet. A mates brother kindly offered to repair and repaint the bonnet for me and repainted the reverse Jam scoop

IMG_4917_zps05802de9.jpg

IMG_4918_zps280b92c6.jpg

IMG_4915_zps40c35974.jpg

IMG_4916_zpsb29a22dc.jpg

Got it fitted once done

IMG_4941_zps7e948970.jpg

DSC05611_zpsb0f9dded.jpg

DSC05612_zps375cf9f1.jpg

DSC05613_zpsad0e2738.jpg

Pushed the car out today while the rain had stopped and took some pictures of the bay

DSC05607_zps929937c3.jpg

DSC05605_zps6aa404fa.jpg

DSC05609_zps7f9f2d1b.jpg

DSC05608_zps2b155ed8.jpg

Another part I bought from Toyota was the Starlet SR front brake lines to convert the car to Non-ABS which I will do later in the year

DSC05625_zps17c0af3a.jpg

The oil cooler I bought noticed when going to fit it the sandwich plate had a crack and bit missing where the oil pressure gauge sensor should go, so I have sent this off to RW-developments for dean to sort out.

IMG_4821_zps0b717af5.jpg

Thats it for now as its booked for a base map on the 18/2/2014 with Jolly green monster and then I can start running in.

Lovely progress, quick question. How much did the all the SR brake lines cost you? Thanks :)

Thanks mate. Just liittle over £100 reason went for this is trying to keep the car oem

Stunning as always abbott looked fab in person the other week :) glad all issues are sorted and running good buddy good luck with running in and mapping

Thanks jamie was good to catch the the orher day. Yes fingers cross can get sorted and mapped in good time ready for the ring in may.

Engine bay is perfection mate! Mega jealous of that!

Thanks liam for the kind words