• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome this car is a credit to you

Thanks chap

Just gets better and better love it!

Cheers Gainzy

great stuff abbott love your attention to detail looks really clean especially being white as the bay easily gets dirty

Thank you ive just got to keep it clean now :)

Stunning is the only word for this build :)

John

Thanks john will have to try and catch up at some shows this year

Lovely Abbott! Cant wait to see it!

Thanks Matt will catch up with youe self sometime this year

Who supplies you the fancy hose clips?

Tim you can find all the an fittings from a evay shop called torques if theres anythink you need or contact too just bell me :)

hi can u pm me the man of the company and do this ecu work with factory sensors?

Compnay called boomslang in the us as phil said

Boomslang.us

but seriously you've quoted alot to ask that! lol

Phil

Lol phil i saw this reply and thought bloody hell whats the question :)

Compnay called boomslang in the us as phil said

Lol phil i saw this reply and thought bloody hell whats the question :)

Haha, hopefully he can edit his post and remove the big quoted section lol

Car looks fantastic, just how i imagine my ideal ep(82) engine bay.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Last week got my filter relocation sandwich plate back from Dean all welded up and repaired

DEFED57A-BB90-46FA-90DA-674C058E529B_zps

Had a delivery from toyota some new bonnet rubber clips and scuttle panel clips

A9F77E7A-C8FC-458A-B3EB-CA5BA1EA5A3F_zps

Collected my rad bracket from the powder coaters last week and got that fitted

BBBD49B4-7771-4C06-A2DD-68EAA870E20B_zps

BEC827E6-B33F-4149-97BF-AB14172C98D3_zps

Saturday night came to sort a few bits out, proper fixings for the intercooler needed to be done, mocked up the oil cooler ready to be fitted after the final map And last of all to sort the turbo filter out well should i say meshed turbo due to the turbo kit being made the turbo intake is 4 mm away from the oil filter which im sad to say im quite disappointed and to me has let my build down a bit and was in too minds to get a new manifold and down pipe made. But once the oil cooler is all connected up i hope to get a silcone hose on and make a air intake with filter, But i am lacking space so back to the drawing board to sort some thing.

Thanks to Vit for his help saturday night.

Pic that night as we were locking up

57E4EAC0-076B-41CA-97DA-FE2D996DC4F4_zps

Monday night came and had to get the bumper on all ready for tuesday ready for its base map.

Pic of the car all finally back together

121F1B7F-3E4A-430B-BE73-8026E05CD444_zps

Well time had finally come to get the car base mapped and time to starting running in. I decided after alot of thought on who to get to map my car i got highly recommended a mapper from a few friends who have there cars done and also does a friend of mines car in the uk time attack some may of heard of him. Simon Roe (Jolly Green Monster) who drove to my address to do me a base map. 1st up was discussing my build and do various checks before connecting my apexi powerFC and fitting my GT4 map sensor and calibrating it to the ecu. He then got a few settings in the ecu, setting the rpm limit and boost for running in. We then hit the road and got a couple of miles on the car and got a base map done for me to proceed running in.

A huge thanks for simon for coming to me and getting this finally going. Would recommend simon to anyone really knows his stuff and is a genuine guy who will help out as much as possable.

Also big thanks to krissyb for his help on the car the whole time its been off the road and arranging mapping.

Looking forward to driving the car next after not driving it for 16 months i forgot how much ive missed driving this car.

Few pics of the bay on day of mapping

96626D8F-1095-4D55-BC7E-5C3942E7ABF2_zps

9E6A3AA4-DB4E-4F38-B19E-19ADA7BC1674_zps

Edited by abbott

Looks stunning abbot, I have the same problem with my Wepr kit on the gtx30 but agaisnt the p/s pump I've got about 4-5mm which leaves no space for anything other than mesh which is a shame because I wasnred a nice velocity stack on there :(

Awesome mate! I have to same problem with my WEPR TD04 kit literally like 3-4mm from the PAS pump so cannot get anything over it apart from mesh.

Good choice on who you let map it too Simons car is insane and he's a very nice chap.

This is lovely!

Thanks chap

No issue lad we all understand :)

Still looking lovely abbott.

Phil

Thanks phil :)

Bay looks mint.

Thanks its getting there now

Looks stunning abbot, I have the same problem with my Wepr kit on the gtx30 but agaisnt the p/s pump I've got about 4-5mm which leaves no space for anything other than mesh which is a shame because I wasnred a nice velocity stack on there :(

Thanks Azz. Yes that must be really annoying and buggs you its just little things puts a downer on our builds.

So glad to see this car running.

Yes was good to hear her running and sounded great

Looks stunning as always abbott glad the base map went all ok pal , Look forward to meeting up at some point both in starlet's :)

Thanks jamie yes will have to catch up in the next couple of weeks :)

This car looks legendary. Well done on creating this monster!!

Thanks for the kind words :)

Great build as always mate never a expense spared with you mate hopefully we both be doing the toyota sprint series next year! Cheers for all the help on my track build matey

Thanks ray ues i look forward to it :)

Excellent build mate well worth the time to go throught all the pages

Thank you glad you enjoyed the read :)

Awesome mate! I have to same problem with my WEPR TD04 kit literally like 3-4mm from the PAS pump so cannot get anything over it apart from mesh.

Good choice on who you let map it too Simons car is insane and he's a very nice chap.

Thanks liam. Yes it is a pain when things do not go together. Yes simon seems a really good guy and am looking forward to the final mapping stages :)

Could u pm me Simons details I need to see if he can do hks f con pro gold

Jellybaby pm coming your way

I had a bit of a push for space, so I thought fuck it off with the pas

Lol! Ive thought that already :)

Little update after mapping

Was found when we were doing the base map that the Lambda sensor was faulty so I had a phone about to Toyota and tuning developments and ended up getting one from them which was delivered Saturday.

Wire was a little shorter and did not have the plug on it so chopped plug off and kept the length of wire and soldered them together and all is stock again and just needs to be fitted.

photo4_zps390412a1.jpg

photo1_zps7f633218.jpg

I was also awaiting another delivery which I paid extra for a Saturday delivery. This did not show up until Monday I will let the pictures do the talking of what’s In the box J

photo1_zps07a80bfb.jpg

photo2_zps492d57b4.jpg

photo3_zps52c4b80e.jpg

these are the new style type 4 point harnesses

today had a small delivery of parts from Toyota

set of new grill clips

photo3_zps9af18410.jpg

set of new injectors rubbers ready for my Sard 550s

photo2_zps5a195109.jpg

Lovely harnesses, I'm having the new style in black

Cheers chap I was looking in to black harnesses them gave in to the green :)

How much were the injectors seals Abbot?

Errr around £25-£30

Update

Took the car for its first proper drive on sunday drove down to krissybs and clocked up enough miles for its 1st oil change as i arrived to his. So he kindly let me so the oil change on his drive. Then after that thought i take some pics as the weather was good

photo4_zpsbcbe8bb5.jpg

photo3_zps9c575bcc.jpg

photo2_zpsdd0b1a80.jpg

photo1_zps5693a23b.jpg

photo5_zpsf2fb5081.jpg

Got to say krissys drive way looked rather Jdm with a selection of a evo7, caged type ra, mk1 GT and my glanza all in white.

photo_zps71954877.jpg

After the pics we headed off to a friend of ours in maidstone to lend a hand restoring the underside of another P1.

But with the miles that day 160miles were covered so this weekend hope to get 500miles on her as mapping date is not to far away.

Edited by abbott