Abbotts Greddy TD05 Track Glanza

adam mate its ture water people say once you have had one you want another,

Another update

11/3/2012

Got the jacked up ready for arch enemy to turn up and roll my rear archs as they were just rubbing and gives me more clearance on track days when cornering hard.

DSC03989.jpg

DSC03988.jpg

then desided while its up in the air thought i would take my tyres off and get the wheels dropped down to the powdercoats tomorrow for a full refurb and powder coat in satin black as not a great lover of the grey/anthercite.

DSC03986.jpg

and how the car is left tonight.

DSC03985.jpg

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17/3/2012

ordered some muteki wheel nuts and new wheels studs for the front for when my wheels came back

DSC04009.jpg

DSC04012.jpg

picked my wheels up from the powder coaters with my tyres fitted

DSC04006.jpg

DSC04005.jpg

Decided to fit the wilwoods today

DSC04013.jpg

DSC04014.jpg

DSC04016.jpg

DSC04015.jpg

DSC04017.jpg

DSC04018.jpg

went and collected 98 spec lights off of a mate who did not want these

DSC04019.jpg

heres what the brakes looked like with the wheels on and lights fitted

DSC04025.jpg

DSC04026.jpg

DSC04027.jpg

DSC04028.jpg

DSC04029.jpg

DSC04022.jpg

DSC04023.jpg

DSC04024.jpg

Wheels and brakes look amazing matey! :)

thanks matey

Very nice! I was looking at getting those nuts but from what I've read online the colour flakes off and the thread is easily stripped?

cheers mate i would rate these highly, ive had these wheel nuts on my s14 and they are spot on they do not strip the threads either one of the best ive seen on the market ive got a couple of mates who have rays wheel nuts and they are bad for stripping the nut thread

• 2 weeks later...

Update

collected my front anti roll bar drop links from the zinc coateres and C pillar brackets, intercooler bracket, and anti roll bar brackets from powder coaters.

DSC04034.jpg

DSC04038.jpg

cleaned bushs up and came out good as new. and put together

DSC04035.jpg

and put together

DSC04037.jpg

DSC04041.jpg

Few little things ive collected over the last few weeks from Sicaln

McChu carbon clock surround

DSC04056.jpg

Jam Cooling panel

DSC04062.jpg

Attain throttle pully

DSC04063.jpg

Lightweight P/steering pully

DSC04064.jpg

Picked up a Sard R2D2 Blow off valve from sx owners club

DSC04076.jpg

Manage to get time to fit my c pillar bar, cooling panel, throttle pully and sort a few thinks out yesterday as im rebuilding my brothers gearbox at the mo and sorting his problems out.

DSC04067.jpg

DSC04069.jpg

DSC04070.jpg

DSC04071.jpg

DSC04073.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome mate, attention to detail is outstanding as normal on your cars :)

Jealous of the carbon surroud though i wanted that badly. if you sell that soon give me a shout :)

many thanks matey. I will let you know if i decide to sell it.

Little update

Couple of things ive bought recently Whitleine rear antiroll bar, TRD front strut brace, custom Panhard rod with rose jointed ends.

TRD brace which was the only one pictured

DSC04108.jpg

DSC04109.jpg

Dropped the whiteline front and rear antiroll bar, panhard rod, lower arms to the powder coaters and zinc platers to look like new again but in a differant colour scheme ;)

Also picked this Sard racing rad cap up form jap performance spares

DSC04091.jpg

DSC04092.jpg

Back in January i finished my dash ready to be flocked and i got adviced about a company which had great feed back, so i took it there. so i done the 2 hour trip to Take it there and they said i would have it back within 2 weeks which i was happy with. Left it with the guy and 3 weeks later got a phone call saying the stuff is ready but would like you to come and see it before taking. So i took the 2 hour drive to collect my bits and what can i say say the quality was crap and patchy inm places, so i said i was not happy with it and want it re doing as not going to part £300+ for work im not happy with so he said i will re-do it again and post it to me within a week so agreed that. (i left there very p***ed off)

2 weeks later still no dash or phonecall or any replys to my messages and texs. Finally get hold of him and he tells me hes done it and its not come out crap again :angry:. So he said im going to get my machine serviced and tested then have ago again 3rd time lucky so he gets this done and it comes out the same turns out the glue hes been using has caused the problem with the way its covered, So 4th time hes doing it get the call saying yes its come out good and i will send it straight out im happy now and looking forward to recieving it at long last after 3 months.

Delivery turns up this monday so i unwrap it and my heart drops the dash it shit . patchy in places, light scuffs, some areas are thin in places.

at this point im fuming and called the company up his words were

" we have done 3 other dashs this week and there perfect and yours is the best we could get it which is joke for a compnay to say that. then he says send it back and i will do it again and the next thing you have done by us i will take money off the bill"

well for one i have told him ive lost faith in him doing it again. Saying that he will knock money off the next bill is a joke because for the cock up hes made im not going to use him again.

I am now £300+ down and im sending my bits to another company i have found which seem very resonsble and his work is to perfection.

I will keep this updated as running out of time to get it all done for japfest now but i will see ;)

Edited by abbott

Sexy brakes ;) car looks awesome mate :)

Thanks sparky they are wicked :)

loving the fresh look of that rear section! very nice example!

thanks matey

bad news about the dash mate should have halfed your bill after messing it up the 3rd time some companys are just a joke. other than that looking good mate

cheers matey. like you say company sould of halfed the bill. The dash etc is with my mate now getting flocked so should havve that back in the next week or so :)

Update 2/5/2012

Bought a Jam reverse scoop from Browner Many thanks dude.

DSC04111.jpg

DSC04112.jpg

Fitted pics

DSC04113.jpg

DSC04114.jpg

DSC04115.jpg

DSC04116.jpg

Yesterday collected all my powder coated parts and zinc plated bolts

DSC04117.jpg

DSC04118.jpg

DSC04119.jpg

on the trd strut brace had the mounting brackets shot blasted to look new again