• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good man, were you planning on putting the wires? I cut a small slot out of the clock hole so I could still use the clock no that you can see it mind lol

Cheers Dean! Wires will be going through that hole where the hi/lo boost switch goes. I cut it out and had my gizmo in there before but I just have the wires from my GFB going through there now. Quite handy tbh lol.

Fitted my brand new headlamps today, wasn't going to change them til I had my 98 spec bumper on but they've been sitting there in the box for 2 weeks so had to haha. They change is amazing! Freshens that old front end up a treat. And I fucking hate my front end as it is. Can't wait til I find a lip and get the 98 painted and on. Going to look sweet.

Anyway here's some general pictures. Excuse the mess of it i'll be cleaning it tomorrow :).

IMAG0181_zpswn59lp8q.jpg

IMAG0183_zpsdtzqewrg.jpg

IMAG0184_zps6yufpreg.jpg

IMAG0185_zpsvfzlw5om.jpg

IMAG0186_zpslcqp4wsg.jpg

IMAG0188_zpsxiduggkq.jpg

y u do dis?

Lol, joking boss! looks savage as it is, let alone with the new front end you have planned! best front end you can get!

hope your going to shell out and get some 98 spec fogs as well?

Lol, joking boss! looks savage as it is, let alone with the new front end you have planned! best front end you can get!

hope your going to shell out and get some 98 spec fogs as well?

Haha :p.

Fogs are not on the agenda as there will be no fog light holders when it's done! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Took out my abs.

IMG_20140608_172543_zpslrhvgxvy.jpg

Rebuilt the rear calipers and fitted new handbrake cables.

IMG_20140615_174431_zpse0scpd2z.jpg

Got my bumpers done. Rear one just re-sprayed and front one has been cut, smoothed, filled, bonded, you name it. Looks fucking mint.

IMG_3744_zpses5n1364.jpg

IMG_8853_zpsvababdkp.jpg

IMG_3752_zpse7iphxmd.jpg

IMG_2994_zpsrmoyfc1a.jpg

IMG_1373_zpsmactmpdh.jpg

IMG_8597_zpstabhccul.jpg

IMG_3709_zpsl2po8fwv.jpg

IMG-20140709-WA0007_zpscjicqlcz.jpg

IMG-20140709-WA0008_zpswcp29bxp.jpg

Shit went down in china town. The cut wings came off.

IMAG0409_zpsnzhedvuu.jpg

Will come back to the wings in a mo.

Now, since meister started doing 0% finance, people have been getting RPF1's, which kind of annoyed me but obviously can'not be helped. So, these, fresh from japland. Now if you have been following my build you'll know I used to own a silver set of these NT03's in 16x7. They were too big, so sold them in the end. Now, I found these 15x7 NT03's. MUCH better. So good luck to anyone who wants to copy me now or get the same :p.

IMG_20140727_160315_zpssyro2hyx.jpg

Going back to the wings.

I bought some silver wings for £40, just oem ones. Got a friend, the same one (Matt Heard) who did the bumpers for me, to also spray the wings in white!

Here is the outcome.

Test fit of the rims.

IMG_20140727_160757_zpsyjrvjbsr.jpg

Tyres arrived so I got the tyres suited up to the rims and got the wheels on, also gave the car a nice wash and polish.

IMAG0467_1_zpskdkgkbf7.jpg

IMAG0469_zpsgeunrelq.jpg

Oh and a new numberplate.

IMG_20140725_213546_zpsvgh4y9u7.jpg

Sorry for the shitty pictures. Been asked if I would like to have a shoot done on the weekend or something so expect some good pictures up soon!

Last but by no means least I'd like to give a hugmungous THANK YOU to Matt for doing the paint work on the bumpers and the wings. Insanely kind hearted of him to do so and they are A*. So Matt, like I said earlier thank you for making half of this possible right now.

Some may not like the white wings white wheels combo but I fucking love it. It's all about being different in my books.

Make me blush Rob!

Honestly though thanks man. As I've previously said to you, thanks for letting me do it and being a very small part of the build.

All credit goes to your crazy mind for completely contrasting the colour of the car and making it work so so well!!

Edited by Matt Heard

George did say other week you took ABS out rob..

feels a lot better I felt personally..

how you think it feels?

I think it feels amazing man, makes the brakes feel so much better and they're only stock calipers. I feel like I have a lot more faith in them, if you get what I mean. Feels awesome though and looks 10x better!