Toffs Forged 5E VF35 99Spec White V :(

It will be mate definetely. Machine shop are as baffled as me so there getting it back to have a stripdown/Rebuild AGAIN.

May as well fit some cams and new valve springs while they have it and they can recheck tolerances/clearances etc while its there also. Massive ballache but they arent an expensive company and i trust them so they can double check everything while its there. No point whinging about it i suppose just yet another excuse to make it quicker/tidier etc. May get a few bit powdercoated etc while the engine is out, remove the ICV and last few bits i didnt do before, and give the bay yet another clean and polish

Sigh!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither have i mate. Especially after it being a forged engine of such low mileage. Im starting to think theres been a problem with the custom spec weisco pistons, But i will see what the machine shop say im wiping my hands of the build. They said they will sort me out if i ever need anything so we will see...

Also to add it had only covered around 3000Miles if that

there are a lot of problem about reliability with some forged engines, i have had tthe same problem with 2 engine forged from different brand .Finally i came back to my old set up : 5EFHE stock rods ...and stock pistons ...

Edited by ramses

Gutted about this, you've not had it built too long.

I know mate :( will probably need a few bits ordering up again!

You've got the right attitude to get it sorted though!

Good attitude Chris, what I like to see! A lot of people would be majorly put off after this kind of setback!

Has to be done amjad i have come this far!

I know its gutting dude but it could have been worse :) I mean it could have been the whole piston just exploding and doing alot more damage :) well I suppose that's the silver lining :)

yes mate lucky it didnt fail bigstyle and kill it all!

Shame to read this chris :( hope u get sorted soon

thanks daz and it will be back!

there are a lot of problem about reliability with some forged engines, i have had tthe same problem with 2 engine forged from different brand .Finally i came back to my old set up : 5EFHE stock rods ...and stock pistons ... Its strange mate but errors happen, just annoying when so much moneys involved!

Gutting news! thanks grant

FFS phone quote fail! Lol thanks lads.

Bit of an update, Machine shop have it stripped and have found the fault...

Every one of the pistons had failed on the lower skirt, where there are holes drilled i believe for oil, the main one has properly failed and bit are in the sump, the rest are all fractured in the same place.

Pointing my finger at weisco! Any of the other weiscos have these relief holes?

On a good note though the rest of it is mint and completely unworn so bonus really !

Great build, keep up the good work! Sucks about your pistons tho, was there much noise when the engine was cold when it was a fresh build?

I was sucked in by the title cause Ive been usin a vf35 on a 4e and just bought a paseo last week for the 5e and I've been looking at the billet wheels, so your basically my guine pig lol.

Thanks guys, And just awaiting photos from park engineering and Alamo are aware of my problem but want details. they have no other failures as of yet. Remember my pistons were alamo custom spec flat tops. im unsure wether standard spec lime yours darren have these holes.

Engine never really had piston slap to be honest, Was ring gapped to fast road spec.

And im hoping this turbo works well, In theory it should be awesome on a 5E!

Thanks guys, And just awaiting photos from park engineering and Alamo are aware of my problem but want details. they have no other failures as of yet. Remember my pistons were alamo custom spec flat tops. im unsure wether standard spec lime yours darren have these holes.

Engine never really had piston slap to be honest, Was ring gapped to fast road spec.

And im hoping this turbo works well, In theory it should be awesome on a 5E!

the VF35 in a 5e is very impressive !!

Quick little update, Alamo have the photos and piston to wall clearances and other info to try find the problems with my pistons but waiting for a reply. In the meantime i bought this

IMG_0166_zpse2f4f0b5.jpg

Should do me well for a map from my local tuner, Going to order the latest OLED hand controller too while im on and splice my AVCR into it too display boost on it, And buy a 3 bar map sensor or similiar.

Thanks!

Small note about hand controllers toff. I'm not sure the latest ones work with our ecus. Due them being adjusted by a tuning company to work with eps (the name escapes me at the moment)

But yeah I know not all hand controllers work. But looking good dude!

There wisecos dude :) And im not sure either but even if they can just help out or help find out why they failed! And thanks mate.

And i had a look trisk as i know these are ap engineering ones, reckons they work with any generation Power fc but i will try find out! Thanks

Just reread your message ramses, you had the 6+6 wheel? i have the 11 as bruce advised its better for spool, the housing also had to be machined as its 4mm bigger. however a lot lighter so cant wait to see it. When did you have full boost etc?

Yes i have the 6+6 wheel ,but as i said my engine has some mods like big springs,polished and 5efhe cams .Full boost can arrive at 3800 4200 rpm and as i can go at 8500rpm the vf35 is very impressive with my 9.5 compression

I know wossner don't offer any kind of warranty on forged pistons due to the nature and job description of them

Great build bud

i have owned wossner , i do not like these pistons .

Thanks ramses, i will see what its like when i get my engine back. Mabye putting cams etc in this time round and do the whole hog.

Update as well still waiting on a response from alamo/weisco with regards to my piston to wall clearances and photos provided but in other news...

Shits just got real!

Bought myself a Celica T-Sport 190 as a daily and my dad is interested in pooling money with me to build a Track monster!

:D

Thanks ramses, i will see what its like when i get my engine back. Mabye putting cams etc in this time round and do the whole hog.

Update as well still waiting on a response from alamo/weisco with regards to my piston to wall clearances and photos provided but in other news...

Shits just got real!

Bought myself a Celica T-Sport 190 as a daily and my dad is interested in pooling money with me to build a Track monster!

:D

They do track days at the middlesborough gocart place not far from redcar way, done a rally day there last Saturday in a scooby very tempted to take part with my V there was class deffo have a look sometime :D