Toffs Forged 5E VF35 99Spec White V :(

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality Chris :)

John

Thanks John appreciated

Amazing :) how much is a dyno run at Durham by the way?

Thanks mate, and £50. Tested for detonation and everything else also so bonus really, even used a timing light etc and just charged me for the power run. Decent blokes

Good result that mate!

Cheers Liam!

:hi:8):thumbsup:

Thanks mick.

Other graphs are uploaded there so can see the AFR Graphs and the wheel horsepower figure.

What are peoples opinions on when i have finished running it in, since i cant change the fuelling anymore as it is, to running 1.3 bar or so? To lean it out slightly on the top end? He said i could do 270-280 if i did this and should fuel nice also,

What do people think?

TT

Other graphs are uploaded there so can see the AFR Graphs and the wheel horsepower figure.

What are peoples opinions on when i have finished running it in, since i cant change the fuelling anymore as it is, to running 1.3 bar or so? To lean it out slightly on the top end? He said i could do 270-280 if i did this and should fuel nice also,

What do people think?

TT

Yea you are rich topend, so that would help...buttttttt, when you first hit full boost your abit lean...13.0 @ 5140 when your at 1bar, apart from that i would say its fine. So me personally i wouldnt be putting any more boost into it low down..

Ahhhh true yes, thats where he thought it may detonate but it never. Main reason the timings pulled back to keep detonation at bay i think! Saying that though the AVCR Can set boost up higher at the top end than low down so may do that yet.

Its to do with the heat being produced...turbo cars run a lot richer than n/a's to use the extra fuel to keep combustion chamber temps down...You could add abit more boost after 6000rpm as you want to be hitting around the 11.8 mark on WOT. But me personally id be more interested in sorting it low down.

Are you going for any management? Even a safc could sort that little bit out..

Its to do with the heat being produced...turbo cars run a lot richer than n/a's to use the extra fuel to keep combustion chamber temps down...You could add abit more boost after 6000rpm as you want to be hitting around the 11.8 mark on WOT. But me personally id be more interested in sorting it low down.

Are you going for any management? Even a safc could sort that little bit out..

Yeh i understand that, keeps temps at bay and i suppose why it richens up the higher the boost level

And yeh ideally he did say it could do with being a bit richer as its coming on boost, but said it wasnt a problem really.

I was considering a SAFC, But arent they a bit poor with tuning on these ecus? Or is it okay to use as a tool to remove fuelling not add it? cant remember what i have read now!

Ideally looking at the AFR graph it could do with a bit more fuelling lower down, then less up top, or a bit more boost up top to bring the fuelling in line.

Ideally management wise rob i want a standalone, but doubt my budget will stretch that for a while

Possibly Emanage Ultimate, as he said he could get a near perfect tune on one of them with my setup, So im a bit unsure!

TT

Well yes you can lean it off slightly to get it to spool, but thats lean on boost.. i wouldnt go too mad and thats down to your judgement. Well safc's arent brilliant but yea they are better at taking fuel out..Whats your fuel pressure? Could up that, get some fuel in lower down, run a bit more boost up top, and trim with the safc.

EMU will be fine tho, and would be a lot lot better way to go.

Edited by RobSR

Looking epic love the painting

Side of things, what you been useing to paint it im

Planning

On doing some

Painting soon ? Keep it up !

Thanks chris, and painting wise i was just using rough scotchbrite to key it, then neat Hammerite smooth using 2 coats. Awesome paint!

Maybe they leaned it of the aid spool up time. Although lean spool is on of them grey areas and the difference is probably neglectable

They didnt touch the fuelling, i set it up by feel and eye and they just confirmed it was okay, if i had a SAFC Or similiar i could have done, mabye reached 300ish stock ecu but who knows

Well yes you can lean it off slightly to get it to spool, but thats lean on boost.. i wouldnt go too mad and thats down to your judgement. Well safc's arent brilliant but yea they are better at taking fuel out..Whats your fuel pressure? Could up that, get some fuel in lower down, run a bit more boost up top, and trim with the safc.

EMU will be fine tho, and would be a lot lot better way to go.

13s arent mega lean though are they? Its for a split second and there was no det, so should be okay for now im hoping.

Fuel pressure is about 3.5. 3.6 Bar i think. Suppose i could try using a SAFC but thats yet more things spliced into my loom lol

Looking Good There Mate...

However, if id have forked ou8t that money for forged engine build.. etc

An ECU and a map would be my ABOLSUTE priority... To ensure it stays healthy...

Respect for getting the fueling that good on a fcd and FPR tho...

Thanks matt.

And i know it is an absolute priority, next thing on the list but im brassic at the moment, have no money so need to get some back together. Hence me selling the KS Rom just to finish the build!

And thanks, just a shame i couldnt get it a bit more precise but meh its quick enough for now.

TT

Well it depends how picky you are, i am so would sort it. 13.0 is a n/a AFR on throttle.

Quite picky lol, as i said to matt once i get a few pennies together it will be getting an ECU.

Got a few photos of it today, give it a well needed clean and polish as it was pretty minging with all the miles i have been doing running it in!

Excuse the interior photo, i hadnt hoovered it and i could do with some new mats!

20131103_141251_zpsfc099583.jpg

20131103_141202_zpsd8582e67.jpg

20131103_141212_zps890f6287.jpg

20131103_141154_zps5452b57c.jpg

20131103_141236_zps347bc7e3.jpg

20131103_141110_zpsaa8a98e7.jpg

20131103_141313_zps91f5bab7.jpg

20131103_141325_zps981a4f54.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments appreciated as always!

TT

She looks sweet mate :)

I tried doing my fog light yellow but i couldnt do them for shit kept creasing the bitch so give up in the end

Ohh and it looks sooooooooooooooooo much better on them wheels

Edited by micky boy
  • 4 weeks later...

She looks sweet mate :)

I tried doing my fog light yellow but i couldnt do them for shit kept creasing the bitch so give up in the end

Ohh and it looks sooooooooooooooooo much better on them wheels

Thanks mick will have to pop round and show you it.

And i got a mate to do them i dont have the patience for film lol

And i know! Could do with a refurb now though tbh looking a bit tired.

Bit of an update nothing much but after approximately 70 Litres (Yes 70!!) Of mineral oil and semi synthetic i have now given it some decent oil. Millers NanoDrive 10w-50 and of course a new filter.

Also had 2 spare front hubs shotblasted, painted and new bearings pressed in to smoothen it up a bit

Give it a well deserved clean as it was disgusting after all that mileage and only one wash!

Engine has loosened up lovely now, and feels very very fast... Onwards and upwards to a map next year and 300+ See what she pulls!

20131201_155045_zps4cccdb1c.jpg

Photo of the clocks for my own reference of the oil change.

Wish i could wind them back to what they should be and not a mix of KMs And Miles. Not that it matters lol

20131201_155746_zpsd8089c14.jpg

TT

Edited by The Toffinator

Thanks mick will have to pop round and show you it.

And i got a mate to do them i dont have the patience for film lol

And i know! Could do with a refurb now though tbh looking a bit tired.

Bit of an update nothing much but after approximately 70 Litres (Yes 70!!) Of mineral oil and semi synthetic i have now given it some decent oil. Millers NanoDrive 10w-50 and of course a new filter.

Give it a well deserved clean as it was disgusting after all that mileage and only one wash!

Engine has loosened up lovely now, and feels very very fast... Onwards and upwards to a map next year and 300+ See what she pulls!

20131201_155045_zps4cccdb1c.jpg

Looks good mate!! :thumbsup:

Thanks josh:)

Car is still going strong and loving every minute of it, only a few hiccups mainly the sump sealing problem which im still struggling with, and second a noisy wheel bearing on the front

Sourced a pair of 2nd hand hubs, had them shotblasted and painted and i pressed some new bearings in:) Few photos below, arches still surprisingly clean after the repaint!

Bought myself a set of blue silicone rad hoses and a RW Developments battery clamp and fitted them, just need some photos of them when its light.

Also got hold of a Zisco Ramhorn EWG Manifold, so will be sorting that out and getting it wrapped and a wastegate ordered for my bonnet exit screamerpipe :D

20131117_194452_zpscab48c73.jpg

20131117_194448_zpsd2b204ae.jpg

20131117_194440_zps9cad4ca1.jpg

Thanks for looking:)

TT

• 1 month later...

Awesome bout time you got rid of that toyo junk

Haha i know finally mate, to be honest though its served well and i dont think there that bad if there braced!

I also need one of them interior bulbs! I have no interior light :(

Here it is lads. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-36-LED-BULB-WHITE-interior-dome-light-/170406575066?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ad05fbda

Lasts forever it seems also!

Few little updates the car is still going, no problems to report as of yet either, Just the usual eating of front tyres, and polishing the thing!

Been struggling for time lately as got myself a new job but this should allow me to spend a bit more on this as im earning a lot more!

And to go with that i picked up a mint VF35, Which for piece of mind i will be getting Liam D At midland turbos to rebuild, and also a Billet wheel fitted and i will be hybridising it, should see 380Ish hp at 1.8Bar if all goes to plan....

Few quick photos of said items anyway, need to get a Decent wastegate (Turbosmart?) On payday, get it all wrapped and painted before fitment.

Plan after that is to get it dropped off at my tuners or TD for a full standalone ECU Setup...

And possibly Paintwork but we will see!

20140128_191642_zps2bb717d4.jpg

20140128_191842_zpse5df7dca.jpg

Thanks for looking as usual

TT