I need your help in tempting me to make a 200 mile trip.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

won't be doing a rep, i'm thinking white advans, meisters, reflet lights and id workz tte lip, n/a track slag. been waiting for a salmon pink 3 door to pop up for months, and this ones a low miler, which is a plus. i've wanted one for a while for the lols i would get driving around, and there's nobody on here with one as a project.

any boost plans, would be in a few years after uni. i've messaged the seller seeing if he would take £500, and it would just be a case of an 11 hour national express haha

Edited by Billy SR

That would be awesome with your plans! I would say do it. It is a massive trek for you to come though if it car isn't right.

Try contacting some members who are local to it see if they could maybe take a look for you?

wouldnt take the train bud if your going to travel fly its easyer quicker and generally cheaper :)

it's a 4 hour train for £32 with 1 change, heading from southampton. my auntie's husband is going to take a look for me, which would save me the waste of journey. got a knowledge of what to look out for in an n/a having owned an sr in the past, and with the money i would have left after selling the lupo, i could do a few things. i'm just waiting for the seller to text me more information about the car and the reference number, so i can check the mileage beforehand, 65k is probably genuine on a uncommon colour though. just want to turn a few heads and return to the community for good!

After checking the mot history, it came up with these advisories? I've messaged the seller to ask if any have been tended to, and i'm not fussed about the tyre as the wheels would be going as soon as possible, but are wheel bearings an easy job to tend to, it's just i've never changed one before. Would you say this is enough to blag anything from the £550 price?

Nearside Front Front wheel bearing has slight play (2.5.A.3c)

Nearside Rear Rear wheel bearing has slight play (2.6.2)

Offside Rear Rear wheel bearing has slight play (2.6.2)

Offside Rear Trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)

Front brakes only just met the front brake imbalance requirements. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (3.7.A.2d)

O/s/r tyre cracking at sidewall

Edited by Billy SR

3 Wheel bearings offfftt! Would be a bit pricey paying someone to do it but is easily do-able yourself if you have some mechanical knowledge and sense, and the right tools of course (Press or howge hammer). Would definately try and knock some off the price though, always worth being cheeky ;)

Edited by smobey_sutton2

Deffo buy it, N/As came in some cool as fuck colours.

Front wheel bearing is a garage job, unless youve got a press handy, or a big fuck off hammer. Pikey way not advised lol. Just remove the hub and let them do it. Front brake imbalance, you could get away with a strip & clean.

wicked guys, thanks for your help :p this is why i love the community so much, compared to my lupo and the boring vw bastards. yeah i miss the sr too much, but realised after buying it i paid extra for a car with things i just wanted to upgrade and it didn't look sleeper enough, hence why i've been hunting for one in this stupid colour :p

would you say the brakes are a case of new discs and pads? but i'll try knock a little off price :thumbsup:

Edited by Billy SR

If the discs aren't warped you might get away with getting the pads and rubbing them on a flat surface on some rough sand paper that usually does it dude, otherwise it would be discs and pads,but they ain't expensive