Starlet/Glanza track cars??

Been thinking of building a budget ep91 track car,or possibly transforming my own to track spec,as its close to it anyway.
Anyone have a dedicated ep as a track car?
Looking some feedback as to what one would be like.
Cheers

Depends what your wanting mate there is a few on here that are track cars seem to concentrate on the handling and I've seen some still running the ct9 turbo for instant power an next to know lag as the acceleration is bang on but will lack a bit top end power and mph

Depends what your wanting mate there is a few on here that are track cars seem to concentrate on the handling and I've seen some still running the ct9 turbo for instant power an next to know lag as the acceleration is bang on but will lack a bit top end power and mph

it will need both handling,and some decent power,otherwise there wouldnt be much point in it being a track car,lol!

ct9 at 1 bar would probobly be ok for awile.

I reckon you could build a track car relatively cheap.

Like said above though I'd concentrate on handling as its the main negative of these cars. good suspension set up fresh bushs ball joints arb's braces everything you can.

Then port the mani and the wastegate, gut the cat, adjustable actuator, rx7 top mount, plug leads, straight thru exhaust, relocate airfilter, rrfpr and fcd for cheapness.

Only thing you would need to watch is you dont blow the engine with the rrfpr and fcd if you can stretch id go for an emb just to be safe.

I reckon you could build a track car relatively cheap.

Like said above though I'd concentrate on handling as its the main negative of these cars. good suspension set up fresh bushs ball joints arb's braces everything you can.

Then port the mani and the wastegate, gut the cat, adjustable actuator, rx7 top mount, plug leads, straight thru exhaust, relocate airfilter, rrfpr and fcd for cheapness.

Only thing you would need to watch is you dont blow the engine with the rrfpr and fcd if you can stretch id go for an emb just to be safe.

yeah it could be done very cheap,but i want it to be very reliable.

as for the ecu,i can swap over my fcon gold and get another map on it for the track car,so that side of things doesnt worry me.

gutting the cat and porting the mani would be ideal!

very tempted to buy something in need of tlc now and have it for when i go home!

Better to get a decat they work miles better than a Gutted cat :)

Agree just said that in terms of budget build.

For the sake of a 2nd hand cheapy for 40-50 quid your as well spending it.

If you buy a cheapy de cat though id advise to use the standard mani and port exhaust 3 as a cheapy decat wont have a brace so the cast mani will be stronger taking the weight and cheaper to reaplace in the event of cracking.

check out turbo grants ep82 aka shrek, my ep85 or nests ep82 all are track builds. and all should hit track at some point this year. starlets make good track cars due to being so light so power to weight is awesome in them

Just track your daily :)

adjustable coilies, stiffen em up a bit and away you go! Mine was great fun chasing a mate around in his 300hp evo.

Only thing you will need is some brakes from something other than a starlet as they turn to toffee after 15mins on track!!

My GT was amazing on track if I may say so myself :p

In the straights I hammered a lot of other cars but was slightly off the pace in the corners but was still better than a lot of other motors.

Only at 1 bar CT9, springs, braces, LSD, T1Rs

With coilovers, ARBs, ALK, Polybushes, Panhard rod, Rainsports it should be so much better!

I should be hitting the track with my car with my pal nest ep82 and unlike him my car is a daily and for track use , but with mine I won't have the big cage etc but still be loads off fun. I have Front mount ,decat,japspeed exhaust, pp throttle bodie ' stripped 2 buckets and harness,drilled and grooved discs ,uprated clutch, trd shocks and springs and a few other bits and mines great fun jake nest ep82 loves it and said could easy have good track day in her now and that's just the beginning of my build.these cars have such a good power to weight I love mine roll on my coilovers getting here and few other bits ill b trying to keep up with the other lads. (Trying ) also they have the great power of scaring the shit out of the old man and having him cling to the seat down windey roads . He now won't race me in his wrx lol

thats true it was an awesome machine and not huge power either iirc. around 200-240hp in a starlet can prove a nightmare for bigger cars to shake off, has been a few suprises from starlets on track during show season. look at taggys old gt or also the chap whos not long joined with the time attack starlet too!!

thought you sold up in the end johnny??

no i finished building it.

check it out on the bottom of this link.

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/1373-pics-of-my-blue-ep91-turbo/page-8

i moved to australia in october,but the car is still garaged at home and wont be going anywhere.

thanks fellas,i check out those builds when i get an hour for a decent browse.

what i really want to know is,are they a decent track car?i dont mind spending money to bring one up to spec,can do it over time anyway,but dont want to go crazy with it,just want to have some fun,my own build got a bit to serious,and i dont really want to track it.

no i finished building it.

check it out on the bottom of this link.

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/1373-pics-of-my-blue-ep91-turbo/page-8

i moved to australia in october,but the car is still garaged at home and wont be going anywhere.

thanks fellas,i check out those builds when i get an hour for a decent browse.

what i really want to know is,are they a decent track car?i dont mind spending money to bring one up to spec,can do it over time anyway,but dont want to go crazy with it,just want to have some fun,my own build got a bit to serious,and i dont really want to track it.

Thats an awesome lil beast. Need someone to keep her ticking over while your in the land of Oz? ;)

Thats an awesome lil beast. Need someone to keep her ticking over while your in the land of Oz? ;)

LOL,thanks,but im quite happy for it to sit and gather dust at home.

tempted to just build somthing over here though,as i would get to use it more,as the company i work for sponser the local race track.

LOL,thanks,but im quite happy for it to sit and gather dust at home.

tempted to just build somthing over here though,as i would get to use it more,as the company i work for sponser the local race track.

Isn't petrol dirt cheap over there? And V8s kicking around all over the shop? Do ittttt :-P