• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joz - O lol, what do you suggest for a catchy topic title?

StarletRick - Yer no worries, i'm not driving it much at all atm, but when i do i try to avoid clouds of dust of just put it into neutral and coast through it so it doesnt suck much in. But yer, i'm getting some filters from a motor bike shop. I've heard they will fit, and they do! Just need to chop the horns or make some tubes for the filters to clamp onto really.

I think i've decided to go for the coned shape, instead of the flat topped cylinder or the rectuangular shaped ones.. What do you guys recommend?

What do you mean if it happens Tony its happening but you haven't put you name down! :rolleyes:

JAE THREAD PUT YOUR NAME DOWN NOW!!!

Cant wait to see it in person!! :lol:

O i c, so it IS still happening! GREAT! Thanks Rob! Name is down! all who haven't yet signed up, do it now of leave my extreme ep rides section/topic. :D That includes you Jozman, you missed last time, mostly through luck because the weather wasn't the best, but this year will be good... i hope.. :D

Thanks for your comments guys, really appreciate them, you've all be a lot of support and help where you can.

Yer, first Blacktop in the UK i believe, i know one guy has a silvertop, but unfortunately he wasn't willing to share all the info to me for help.. :D He did however, give me a pointer, so thanks for that mate.. :rolleyes:

But aside from us, Mr Morgey is about to put a 4age into his ep. Its a rolla gti engine tho, so slightly different, but a 4age nonetheless and i'll try and help him where i can.

Streetracer_starlet - Well, the wiring and everything is done by my mechanic, so i have no idea what he did :lol: .. Well, he told me that he was going to take out both looms and comepare them both to see what the 4age has extra to the 4efe, but then when he got round to it, he decided it would take up too much time and so he wired in the whole 4age loom into the starlet shell, all i had to do was try and search the internet for info like wiring diagrams so he knows whats what. My brother helped by letting us look at his ae111 levin and that let us figure out whats what and where everything goes compared to the starlet.

Only a few things are a minor problem now, i have no rev counter as i tried to explain earlier (basically just can't find the rev pin in the ECU... :D ), i need to raise my car because the downpipe is waaaay too low, and the 4age cat is fatter than the 4efe, which was thinner and longer i think. My cat is nearly touching the heat shield :D:D . That makes my exhaust system lower and also i need to find some filters for my ITBs. Atm, i've just ordered some from a motorbike shop, got some oil breathers coming and some cone filters for the ITBs, all K&N i believe. Just need to make up some tubes for them to go on.

Amigo, let me know how you get on with the individual cone filters and so on as tis what I want to do with mine but am unsure what size I'll need and how to go about fitting them etc

Also, could you PM me with where you ordered your filters from and how much? Cheers man

I'd love to mate, but i haven't yet raised my car.. we shall see. Plus, i don't have any filters in atm, just running with open 'trumpets' if you will... But i'll be sure to attend the following ones as soon as its done.

My unlce helped me change my fog lights today, along with wiring up the rev count to the ECU. Its ALOT simpler than we thought. All the ECU diagrams didn't match up with wiring colours and all that, but following the pins they are right... however... the translation for my Pivot tachometer gave instructions to match the rev wire to the negative pin... Long story short... the idiot who did the translation is WRONG! :p :P :D The tachometer is working all and well in the positive pin. Before i was jus changing from 2nd to 3rd at about 65 - 70 mph (because my bro Jay told me where his levin goes up to), now i can see where the 8000rpm really takes me, and how close/far away i was. Now i just need to set all the things up, like the sensors and shift light.. can anyone translate japanese?? :p:D Nah, shouln't be too hard to find out, i just wanted to leave it for another day as it started to spit and i thought another shower would soon come down. Anyway, pics to come...

Congratulations on building another 4AGE powered Starlet, it's the way of the future just between you and me. Once all the 4EFTEs dry up they will have to turn to an A motor.

I've driven mine without filters for about a month, was heaps of fun, quiet quiet, NOISE!!!!

But eventually the noise wore off and the older more sensible side of my brain said we are gonna get pinged for noise, so the stock intake went back in.

I shift when it goes da da da, and since it won't rev any higher you can just pop the clutch and jam it in a new gear without lifting off the throttle :p

corolla gearboxes are cheap, well mine was

Thanks guys.

C2888 - You managed to fit the surge tank in??? I barely have enough room for the filters to go in... But that big black box does weight a bit.. getting rid of it could save some more weight. Lol, yer i know exactly what you mean by the noise lol, great fun!

Will you be coming to any of the meets at all? where abouts do you live? I know a few people have been put off by the distance to Mersea island for JAE...

Congratulations on building another 4AGE powered Starlet, it's the way of the future just between you and me. Once all the 4EFTEs dry up they will have to turn to an A motor.

I've driven mine without filters for about a month, was heaps of fun, quiet quiet, NOISE!!!!

But eventually the noise wore off and the older more sensible side of my brain said we are gonna get pinged for noise, so the stock intake went back in.

I shift when it goes da da da, and since it won't rev any higher you can just pop the clutch and jam it in a new gear without lifting off the throttle :p

corolla gearboxes are cheap, well mine was

you hit the limiter in every gear?

good work, nice and safe i see :p