Just a small update, the engine has arrived!!! Was expecting it on wednesday.. but o well, the earlier i can start, good thing i wasn't out :lol: . The engine is now in wrapping still on a pallet in my dad's garage. My EP91 feels intimidated by my bro's AE111 levin, my dad's BMW 530i sport and BMW Mini Coopers S modified to 240 break... But it will soon change, may not be able to beat the mini but i'll give it a go lol :p

Pictures will be up later as soon as i find my camera :D

T

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all your kind comments guys. As for the engine.. i'm not all that happy with it. The condition of the engine was worse than expected really... :lol: Pics will be posted up soon as i am now back at my house, i can steal my camera over. As for some parts, i'm ordering from toyota as just standard parts, like clutch, spark plugs, etc. Things like these don't need to be changed, but if the clutch is worn, then i can change it, but if not, it can always be left till next time. Whilst other things like cam belts i might aswell change whilst the engine is out.

Mostly i'm annoyed that the rocker and sparkplug covers are damaged... the toyota logo has been broken and the rocker cover has been dented... :D When i upload the pics, you will see what i mean.

Overall, i was expecting more for the money i paid... but the project must continue! :p

T

Let me know how you get on with the cambelt man, as got the cambelt for mine, just having trouble getting the tensioners and idle bearing.

(have the toyota part no. for the cambelt itself by the way, if you want it drop me a PM)

Hey guys, sorry to keep you all waiting but here are some pics to satisfy your curiosity.

The whole engine on the pallet.

4AGEEngine001.jpg

The throttle bodies. After i get the engine in, i think some trumpets will be next xD.

4AGEEngine004.jpg

1 Driveshaft and manifold. (other driveshaft is behind the engine.

4AGEEngine005.jpg

Another pic of the manifold and engine.

4AGEEngine014.jpg

The ECU.

4AGEEngine006.jpg

The Tachometer i'm going to use because the SR only revs up to 6000 and the dial only goes up to a MAX of 7000. I bought this one with more revs than i need atm, because i'm tempted to replicate the engine they used in initial D that takumi changed to. That is the TRD atlantic racing engine, 240 bhp @ 11000rpm, but first thing's first, lets get it the engine in first.

4AGEEngine007.jpg

These are the engine mounts i was given, they seem pretty worn, so i thought i might aswell get some new ones, they're on thier way now.

4AGEEngine009.jpg

Another overview of the engine.

4AGEEngine011.jpg

A close pic of the top, you can see the toyota badge has been ripped off and the edge of it seems to have been dented in a little, the delivery driver was probably drifting round town or somthing lol, but i've ordered a new cover because that was one of the beauties of the black top engine lol (i thought neways).

4AGEEngine013.jpg

Back of engine.

4AGEEngine010.jpg

And the coils for the belts. New belts are on thier way because i dont know how long these ones have been used.

4AGEEngine008.jpg

Let me know what u think, and if there are any pic requests, feel free to ask, i can always take more photos.

T