Pros and cons of starlet ownership!

Well i have a Civic Coupe atm and i love it really.

But the need for boost is entering my life!

I love stalets my girlfriend even has an N/A ep91 and its an awesome little rat mobile.

Im trying to decide wether it is worth boosting the civic or trade in completely for a glaza or a gt depending on available funds.

What are they like for rust? Reliability? Handling?

Any thoughts?

Rust not really

Reliability not bad, if well look after

Handling, not as good as the civic but can get it closing with the right mods

Rust not really

Reliability not bad, if well look after

Handling, not as good as the civic but can get it closing with the right mods

Lol interesting conversation ....

I've just gone from an ep82 and it was a great car no rust fast and reliable... But I drove it once a month lol it didn't handle that well even on tein coilovers but it was and still is an immense car.

I went and bought a dc2 with loads of engine mods and it's not as fast in a straight line but the handling is fucking crazy! I'm boosting it this year so I can get that buzz again

Some would say boost the Civic.

But fuck it get a ep82 starlet :D

treat it well and it will do the same to you (sometimes ;D)

Its what id been tempted with but i cant help but think that will mean it becoming a money pit!

Atleast if it started with a turbo it has all the suporting things need to have the turbo!

Lol interesting conversation ....

I've just gone from an ep82 and it was a great car no rust fast and reliable... But I drove it once a month lol it didn't handle that well even on tein coilovers but it was and still is an immense car.

I went and bought a dc2 with loads of engine mods and it's not as fast in a straight line but the handling is fucking crazy! I'm boosting it this year so I can get that buzz again

I had a VW befor the civic and it was boring as fuck, first drive around in the civic and it feels great!

I've not seen a rusty GT to be honest. No rust at all on mine.

Never skips a beat and I give mine death everyday. I blew up the first engine because I was revving it past 8,000rpm in every gear without a proper map lol. But other than that, no issues. Had it 2 n half years now.

Handling, to be honest its the best handling car I've drove lol. With a set of coilovers, antiroll bars, a cage and some decent tyres I've left all sorts in the bends and scared a few friends lol! But a car will only handle as good as the driver can take it. It's took me those 2 and half years to find the limit of my car and I never find I need to be on it to outrun most cars.

Saying all that I'd probably turbo the civic lol!

with the right set up a starlet will out handle civics all day long.

power, the limits are almost endless, socks on here will be seeing over 400bhp shortly when hes got it back from racetech.

and rust.....I've yet to come across a rusty starlet but found my fair share of rusty civics

I've not seen a rusty GT to be honest. No rust at all on mine.

Never skips a beat and I give mine death everyday. I blew up the first engine because I was revving it past 8,000rpm in every gear without a proper map lol. But other than that, no issues. Had it 2 n half years now.

Handling, to be honest its the best handling car I've drove lol. With a set of coilovers, antiroll bars, a cage and some decent tyres I've left all sorts in the bends and scared a few friends lol! But a car will only handle as good as the driver can take it. It's took me those 2 and half years to find the limit of my car and I never find I need to be on it to outrun most cars.

Saying all that I'd probably turbo the civic lol!

Lol fair enough!

Its all swings and roundabout really, hondas arnt exactly known to be un reliable.

but the rust is an all to common sight in older civics its rarer to see one that isnt rusty!

Handling just sounds like more money to be spent lol

Pros - there not as common as I civic, fuck yo vtec !

Cons - because there is so much you can do on these you need a lot of self restraint otherwise your wallet will be empty like me but I loves it I do haha

Pro's - the massive underdog feeling when you smoke all the bigger boys

Cons - genuine toyota parts are silly money

You say you will give yourself a limit to spend but that never happens, the starlet always wants more!! ;)

Pros - tuneable, reliable, fun, elativeley economical, nippy.

Cons - Handling is pretty pump regardless. In a V, the standard seats are shite.

BUT its the only car I've ever owned twice! This year Ive had an E46 BMW 320ci sport, an Altezza RS200, a DC2 Integra and something else.

And they could all leave the V in the twisties, but the V is more fun, lower grip levels mean lower speeds are needed for more fun etc etc...

Im well happy with it.

I have to agree yes they are a money pit but I've got to the point numberous times of saying yep thats it im happy with it, no more money lets just enjoy it. Then get bored or discover that because of one mod its made something else more noticable i end up spending money on something else lol

I've had my car 6 years in march and i have no intentions of selling it yet. Great fun and relatively quick with 175ponies and a full interior.

Id say try one, you can always sell it if you dont like it ;)

Everyone is saying they're money pits but I've not spent money on anything that I wouldn't make my money back on if not make a profit lol... Spend wisely and see it as an investment :p.

I always try to buy everything used, so many people buy new then get bored and sell!

I have to agree yes they are a money pit but I've got to the point numberous times of saying yep thats it im happy with it, no more money lets just enjoy it. Then get bored or discover that because of one mod its made something else more noticable i end up spending money on something else lol

I've had my car 6 years in march and i have no intentions of selling it yet. Great fun and relatively quick with 175ponies and a full interior.

Id say try one, you can always sell it if you dont like it ;)

I've got lots of things to sell right now though I've got another car in bits i need to sell and a bike!

Hopefully i can get shot of the lot soon then i have an excuse to fill up space.

'Its only a little car it wont take up much room' :p