Is cruising dead?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing a couple of years ago u could go out meet a load of your mates n sit and chat n go for a cruise u don't see any of it anymore shame really used to really enjoy cursing round as a group n stopping different places lol

Think the chavs may of killed as every copper not things your either a drug dealer or and un-insured tool lol

Never liked cruises, but IMO the car scene is a bit dead compared to how it was. I don't think people can afford it as much nowadays

It will never be like it used to be like.

Back in the day, it was about body kits, sound systems etc..

Now people just paint there wheels and slam it. Done.

Plus I do think, it doesn't help with the lack of jobs out there and also people just wanna go for new cars with insurance put in as well from a dealer.

i dont think the car scene is dead but what we know/knew as cruising is dead, you will always get the idiots that waste it by doing wheel spins, but i guess thats what made it funny

its a bit more civilized now, not so much a cruise but a meet and too many people are just banging golfs on fake bbs's and go aw yeah bro thats bauss so low, looks the same as every other golf, each to their own but noone does proper tuning much these days all about pishy remaps

actually winds me up coulda went off on one but had to calm myself :p

There are cruisers cutting around Newbury/Reading still. Usually with a sticker in the back window saying RG-Cruising or something. Not a group I'm associated with tbh, so far I've seen a fat wench in a racing striped corsa with her kid, about 15 Golfs of varying ride height, a billion base spec clios with fuzzy dice and stickers and the daddy of the group... A focus ST that the owner plans on getting resprayed pearlescent. It's pretty shitty to be blunt. :-/

P.S I used to be a regular at Hams Hall before it made the BBC news lol they were good times, rich folks messing around in AMG Mercs against carbon clad turbo'd civics between a pair of roundabouts. Fun times.

I've watched a couple of video's on youtube of hams hall, looks nuts!

People just going crazy between each round about doing loads of laps haha..

Edited by Critic

Deffo not the same as what it used to be. But people down in my hometown Basingstoke still go out for drives and tunnel runs etc. Hampshire, Wiltshire area. Will be doing quite a few tunnel runs when my cars built.

P.S I used to be a regular at Hams Hall before it made the BBC news lol they were good times, rich folks messing around in AMG Mercs against carbon clad turbo'd civics between a pair of roundabouts. Fun times.

They were the days! shame it's been shut down now!

J27, hams hall, fort dunlop and landor rd in Birmingham was the dogs bollocks before the feds locked it down.

However birmingham is still good on a sunday.

yeah I heard it still goes down on a sunday!

i dont think the car scene is dead but what we know/knew as cruising is dead, you will always get the idiots that waste it by doing wheel spins, but i guess thats what made it funny

its a bit more civilized now, not so much a cruise but a meet and too many people are just banging golfs on fake bbs's and go aw yeah bro thats bauss so low, looks the same as every other golf, each to their own but noone does proper tuning much these days all about pishy remaps

actually winds me up coulda went off on one but had to calm myself :p

Got that spot on mate.

Still get a few cruises up here though, at the falkirk wheel and theres a few down in ayrshire. But mostly just vags slammed in their cunt.

Yeh it's happens every so often in doncaster but its dead, always liked to go ponty before sideways Si got into BDC. What's with the new trend of long stickers covering half the windscreen????

New trend have we now lost all the shopping list people used to stick to the passanger door

Edited by yaristurbo