Caribbean 5E... OKI ONE LAST REBUILD i hope

everything i have on the car i got on this website buddy... this car has officially emptied my pocket at every turn possible.... i am lucky enough to have lots of friends and family in England that all come home quite regularly.... as for the large bits like the side skirts i had to bite the bullet and ship them down.... the side skirts is going to call for about 3000tt after shipping.... the spats may be 1100tt plus .... front splitter 2000tt....toms front bumper 6000tt

its costly .... to get a full body kit down here its going to cost u about 18000tt

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arighty people i got an amazing offer that i do not think i can pass up on my tomei turbo and i believe im going to sell it.... i have a garret gt25 and gt28 at my disposal

can some one please tell me what they think is the yay and nays to either .... the 25 is double ball bearing not to sure what the 28 is havent gotten the specs yet....

i was loving the spool of the tomei and of the original tdo4 im wondering if the car will become laggy with the gt28....

i know for a fact that the spool on the gt25 will be insane but im wondering if it will run out of juice on me like a ct9

let me hear your thoughts

Edited by rasslenny

I don't have any explanation for what happened but hear goes .... My oil pressure valve inside the block some how managed to complete shit it's self yesterday ... I mean completely...

Was driving home and all of a sudden knock knock knock I was like woah .. Take it into the shop and check the oil and it's silver so bearing has gone ... I have a set of bearing so say ok let's change em and find the cause... Take ioff the sump and number one is knocking and bearing has spun... To make it worse the rod is black like tar and burnt ... So I'm livid ... But we have no idea why... So I continue stripping the engine when the mechanic starts to give the engine that wtf look ... He looks in the oils pressure valve and the entire center of it is gone .... I mean gone...the valve is in the block and it looks fine but it's hollowed out like a slack twatt.... So my engine in essence was driving around with no oil for a couple miles .... Suspicions of the worse hits us and we check the intercooler piping .... Full of oil....so 900£ tomei turbo is caputs....

So where does that leave me.... I need a rod ... Hoping scat is nice and will sell me one instead of all four... I need a turbo ... I need a oil pressure valve thingy and i need lots of money ....

I'm getting fed up ... I wanted to BURN THE CAR DOWN LAST NIGHT

Edited by rasslenny

Stick at it. You spent too much moolah thus far. Look at it this way, technically you get to build a new engine with a new turbo!!! Do more damage at Drag & Wind...maybe I will join you at the track one day.

oooo man im gutted to hear that !!!!! you can use a 4efe oil valve and fit a washer to it

i think i still have 1 of a 4efte here must check i never heard of scat being sold seperate mete ????

The local dealer for the rods has a great relationship with his suppliers and some how managed to get them to agree to ship one rod... Don't ask how ... I don't know .... Scat asked for te weight of the rod so just have to get that and I'll be organised ....

Taking this opportunity as I'm in the engine to change gaskets seals and piston rings... Clutch plate is changing

Upgrading the injectors

Taking the opportunity to change the exhaust finally

We are fed up of oil being an issue so we are going balls to wall and ensuring this rounds there is no chance of loosing oil pressure

Poly bushing all the mounts

And officially becoming a poor person ....

After this if the car wats to blow up it better had straight up blow the fuck up cuz I will not be spending a dime more after this last engine build

Edited by rasslenny

soo i just made some purchases online.... turns out two of the rods burned so i bought a whole new set of rods 290 quid

bought new rings for the pistons... 90 quid

sent the spare block i had to bore for clearance for over sized pistons... 100 quid

the warranty on the turbo had expired however there is a rebuild kit for it so i purchased that as well 115 quid

and we have officially decided we never ever want to starve for oil again in this car cuz if it does im going to throw a grenade at it so.... we ordered an external oil pressure valve...

this is the part right here

http://www.amazon.com/Peterson-Fluid-Systems-09-0160-Remote/dp/B003M8M7RG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407732740&sr=8-1&keywords=Peterson+Fluid+Systems

and lastly i ordered me a whole set of brand new gauges i want to know what goes wrong as it goes wrong next time... boost, oil pressure, water temp

all from this web site ... they are fully custom from the lights colour to the fonts back ground colout surrounding shroud finish needle ... u name it u can change it....its an american site but there stuff is hott shitt

http://www.speedhut.com/

Edited by rasslenny

i have a problem i just spent about 400 quid on rebuilding parts for the engine and i could not help it but i absolutely had to buy this...

im alergic to seeing carbon fibre

7EC05166-936B-4DE7-8BA3-F4B55CC460B0_zps

09587249-6FBB-492A-93B1-EAE64188FC32_zps

Edited by rasslenny

hehehehe got it installed last night

709994EC-9A5F-49D1-A422-5DB8C7751D45_zps

and while we are at it our "OFFICIAL" race track in trinidad is being opened for the first time in years so we are working feverously every night till 4 in the morning to get the race car on track.... who says a bit of bride and custom roll cages dont work well together in a 400 hp type r

muahahahaha

13E8EAE6-0A3A-4BDE-846D-5D3BCAE5955D_zps

• 3 weeks later...

hey mate, sorry i did not ready your whole build. just here and there. how did you end up getting an oil starvation mate (i think this is what you said caused issue with your big end) ?

The oils pressure valve inside the sump some how shat it self and the inside of it fell apart and the spring jumped out... So the only way stuff was getting oil to it was by splashing about of oil in the sump...

Hey man, have you got the Emerald K6 running yet?? Looking to get one for my EP91 :) And what sensors you used and didn't use to get it running?

Cheers

Nik

I used all original sensors and one extra sensor for the crank provided by emerald them self on request from the emerald tuner in Trinidad .... The oils pump with special housing for the 5e that runs coils was used as it accommodates the crank sensor... An then additional sensors from a Subaru wrx was used as we had them laying about on the wheels for traction control

• 2 months later...

i havent posted anything on here in a while as i am currently out of the country workin in canada however i just got some pictures sent to me and i went ape shit when i saw them

woooo more carbon goodies the spoiler is finally done... just has to trim the edges sand and clear coat

50DA07DB-92ED-4DF6-A48B-05065665976D_zps

C3F2C2AC-6B18-4E51-865D-05C87F2EF9FD_zps

8FC2FDF9-9D9E-4453-A58F-F570C6FE6CD8_zps

749339DA-63C7-4CD3-97C2-B808EB8C0F6D_zps

• 10 months later...

its been wayyyyyy to long since my last post and the picture is not going to do it justice but that moment is finally here....

not completely done but the car is up and running and it has been dynoed and creating very safe but noticeably wonderful gains

just a couple things to sort out like having the ecu control the A/C, actually installing the battery box in the trunk instead of having it strapped down with bungee cords and wiring in all the new gauges

any how here is a small teaser pic

good bye distributor hello coil packs :yahoo:

do not hate on the picture the car is extreemly dusty and my phone is shit

20150924_005754_zpszqo7fav8.jpg

Edited by rasslenny