Make that 4 fubarred pistons

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taggy, are you using an emanage blue? if yes, there are some fake emanage blue on the market, known to loose the map, after some time.

If you reload the map it will be good for some more time.

The Greddy software and all features work and it's very difficult to find out if it's real or not. Your best bet is to open it and see/compare with a known good.

Taggy, are you using an emanage blue? if yes, there are some fake emanage blue on the market, known to loose the map, after some time.

If you reload the map it will be good for some more time.

The Greddy software and all features work and it's very difficult to find out if it's real or not. Your best bet is to open it and see/compare with a known good.

Interesting, first time I've heard of that one!

Yes Taggy!

Special awards:

1. Most Automotive Pain/Worst Luck

2. Craziest Idea of the year

3. Longest Build of the year

4. Most powerful on standard internals (giviing them the most knackered forged piston, cause who needs it :D)

number 1 would be mine!! haha

ive got rods here doing nothing aswell that id happily donate

Yes Taggy!

Special awards:

1. Most Automotive Pain/Worst Luck

2. Craziest Idea of the year

3. Longest Build of the year

4. Most powerful on standard internals (giviing them the most knackered forged piston, cause who needs it :D)

(I think Taggy will be having piston number 1 back!)

Well i have had a change of plan, I really need to keep the rebuild costs down especially as i now need a new set of forged pistons so I have emailed tuning developments if i can take the car back to them to get fault tested for no charge. Cant really afford to pay another £250 to put it back on the rollers again, im bloody skint now.

That way they get a chance to see if its something that's failed or if indeed they missed something, i dont see why they shouldnt.

You really think they going to admit to you it's there fault...

you obviously don't know nick and mike then - most honest people I know.

Oh and if you tell another tuner that you think another tuner has fucked up, whether they have or not the vast majority will say they have fucked up (whether the have or not!) and charge you for fixing something that didnt need fixing.

Oh I'm speaking from experience here also

I dont no nick or mike no

But from what i have heard about them they are sound lads! And they have tuned some awesome EP's over the years! So if anyone thought for one min i was point the finger towords TD they have got me all wrong! Either way i hope you get it sorted Taggy dont give up dude:)

Edited by micky boy

Is that picture of the fake EMB genuine as my mine has grey connectors abd you cant feel letters on front. Need to wait till I get home to check the papers and colour of screwdriver though.

Also has no serial number on the back.

Had my emanage blue from td and even when car stood for a while it never lost its map and has been bang on so highly doubt td's fakes sure they get there kits from main dealers not off the back of lorries lol

IF and its a big if they where fake it would be a fualt with supplier not retailer. also TD are very spot on lads and tbh if it is a fueling issueit could occur at any time wether it be on a dyno or a road, the day its mapped or 278days later fualts are fualts if you knew it was due it wouldnt occur lol. it sucks arse that this has happened but nodoubt the cuase will be found soon enough. chin up taggy man. the boxey can not be done with yet, shes still got some slaying to do on track.