• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the mileage on her? seems the stem seals are totally shot

Its just changed to 118000 on my way back from work this afternoon. So its done loads of miles to be fair.

Liam bro looking good as always mate :D (the car that is) B)

You need to text me dude as i lost all my numbers and lost yours too so i cant text to get your help with me car lol :p

Nice to see my bumper was used on a very nice example of car :lol:

Cheers bud, sent you a txt with my number dunno if you got it?

Ah its a 5efte, i guess thats no good to you mate ;)

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70234

No mate the 'T' means its no good to me :thumbsup: .

Keirz had a go yesterday at fixing it for me, and to be honest he did. Went out for a drive and there was no smoke. However today its doing it worse than ever.

Really dunno what to do with this car now B) Absoluty Gutted!

Cheers guys. That is a bargain but its booked in at Monster Motorsport on Tuesday to let them take a quick look. Hopefully something is obvious and can be fixed.

Dont wanna buy an engine if it can be fixed.

Think theres a change of plan now, Probably gonna be taking the head off at work now to find the problem and fix it myself as this is gonna be the cheapest way. Im gonna be learning this because i have no idea this far into mechanics.

Should be fun :)

Love this car too much, to get rid of it!!

Think theres a change of plan now, Probably gonna be taking the head off at work now to find the problem and fix it myself as this is gonna be the cheapest way. Im gonna be learning this because i have no idea this far into mechanics.

Should be fun :)

Love this car too much, to get rid of it!!

Yay :(

Will learn alot doing it yourself man, if you get stuck.. Ask your bro :D

ok.........again

have you swapped back to the old rocker cover yet?

have you changed to a slightly thicker oil and another new oil filter yet?

have you ran some fuel cleaner through and reset the ecu yet?

if not then give them ago before you start fucking about

Seems though you think that might help keirz you can give me a hand with it this weekend.

But i highly doubt it'll do ought because its more serious than something simple.

ok your money. i know what i would be doing though and thats the simple cheap things first.

rocker cover= 3min (free)

fuel cleaner= 1min (£5.99)

reset ecu = 15 min (free)

oil and filter= 15min (£30)

and as you can be reseting your ecu while doing the change, thats under 20 minutes and under £40.

if it fixes it, happy days! if not at least you know its none of the above

But what makes you think its a simple fix all the time?? The amount of smoke its kicking out i highly doubt its anything simple to be honest.

When the rocker cover was done it had every gasket/seal replaced so how can it be at fault? It wouldnt be blue smoke if it was fuel related. And the oil filter is about 2weeks old and has covered about 100miles so that wont be to blame either.

Im getting annoyed with everyone telling me its a easy fix when ive had to professional engine mechanics look at it and tell me its something internal.

im getting annoyed at you not even trying the small things first and just admitting defeat and being a mardy bitch about it. and from what ive seen its hardly gonna ground planes in the east midlands.

if the rocker cover is blocked or clogged up in the breather section then that may be causing the problem. it takes two minutes to fucking change so just do it instead of being a gay about it.

well when changing the oil its advise to change the filter too. put a slightly thicker oil in and see if it gets any better.

they didnt tell you it was something internal. they said it COULD be. just like i receive turbo every day when "proffesional mechanics" have diagnosed it as being so. but it ends up being a clogged breather. if they checked that first as im advising you to do then they would save a lot of time and money.

but thats the last im gonna say because you dont listen anyway you just wanna think the worst and make a drama. dont let it ruin your life your a young man with the rest of your life still to live! lol you will get over it

To be honest its a real difficult one as saying its definately this or that is nigh on impossible so doing the simple things certainly wont do any harm however as Liam said he has changed the oil and filter recently and Keirz has done the PCV valve as far as Im aware. I must admit I noticed a bit of smoke a couple of weeks back now when following Liam to a local meet and it did smell like burning oil and Liam demonstrated the smoke last week when he was down at our place. However as I said to Liam at the time, I didnt think it was all that bad and as its not affecting performance at this time that I would live with it for a bit and monitor it.

Although Liam's car is meticulously maintained theres no escaping the fact the engine has done nearly 120K miles so it is feasable that something like the stem seals or even the oil scraper rings have worn and oil is getting into areas it shouldnt and burning off. Now unless you can do this job yourself the labour cost of removing the head for the stem seals or sump for the rings is going to be more than sourcing a good replacement 4EFE!

Good luck with whichever route you take mate and let me know if you need a hand on a weekend or whatever!

Mike

Thanks Mike im hearing what Keirz is saying now about doing the simple things ive had a couple of crap days so wasnt in the best of moods! Changed the rocker cover back today to see if that was causing it but it dosent seem like it.

Going to try and order the parts tomorrow to do a rebuild (stem seals, rings, head gasket) and then hopefully that little lot will be going in sometime next week. Im not paying anything for labour so this seems like the cheapest option to be honest.

Mike may be needing a hand one Sunday to get it back together but ill give you a shout if your needed. Also do you get a bit of discount at Toyota?

Thanks Mike im hearing what Keirz is saying now about doing the simple things ive had a couple of crap days so wasnt in the best of moods! Changed the rocker cover back today to see if that was causing it but it dosent seem like it.

Going to try and order the parts tomorrow to do a rebuild (stem seals, rings, head gasket) and then hopefully that little lot will be going in sometime next week. Im not paying anything for labour so this seems like the cheapest option to be honest.

Mike may be needing a hand one Sunday to get it back together but ill give you a shout if your needed. Also do you get a bit of discount at Toyota?

Yeah sure give me a shout if you need a hand and yeah I do get a bit of a discount so if you want me to price anything let me know matey.

Well ordered the rebuild parts today! So hopefully they'll be here next monday and i can start the strip down.

Looking forward to getting this all built-up and ready for the dyno day now, just to see if the freshening up makes any sort of difference.

BRING IT ON!!