• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, shes running pretty sweet to be honest. Slight Misfire but that should be sorted on Tuesday with a set of new Iridiums.

Nearly done 50Miles now and there hasnt been any smoke or weird noises so hopefully shes fixed ;)

Glad she is back up and running buddy, knew you couldn't lose faith in her :p

Cheers mate, i am kinda still loosing faith in it to be honest, have no idea why ;) i think its because its really really hard to keep this one in mint condition and i keep noticing marks and dents that i havent done ;)

great news liam :p

excellent news my young amigo!

Phil.

Cheers Guys

Hopefully i will be buddy, im on holiday until the day before so we'll see.

Car went in yesterday, to have another oil and filter done as the car has now done the first 100miles. The timing has now been set back to normal so the car feels more lively again ive just got to be careful not to rev too much. And ive also banged a new set of Iridiums in aswell to sort out the misfire issue.

So far so good, ive just got to continue doing the mileage now. :)

dude not checked in on this for a while its mega news its running sweet again cant wait to see it ive missed it!! lol It is gay with all the bumps and dints there isnt anything you can do about them its a car its built to be driven!!

on a side note you fancy a quick tire change soon speedys and ruined paints not lasted well t all ll chipped and peeling! :) time for some ray-age!! :p

Hey, what grade iridiums did you put in 5 or 6?

Im sure there grade 4 mate, im not 100% though mate as i let Monster Motorsport get them for me.

:thumbsup:

dude not checked in on this for a while its mega news its running sweet again cant wait to see it ive missed it!! lol It is gay with all the bumps and dints there isnt anything you can do about them its a car its built to be driven!!

on a side note you fancy a quick tire change soon speedys and ruined paints not lasted well t all ll chipped and peeling! :thumbsup: time for some ray-age!! :rolleyes:

Yeah its crap mate, just gets me down from time to time especially as i try my hardest to keep it in perfect condition. Its a daily driver though so it cant be helped i suppose.

And yeah matey of course, any time!! You getting new rubber for the Rays or are you using the Toyos off the Speedlines?

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought i would let everyone know where im at with the running in process.

Basicially today me and the Girlfriend took a trip to Sheffield, I didnt mind as it was putting like 60 odd miles on my new engine. Absoluty loved driving it on the motorway was running so much smoother and was much easier pulling out to overtake. Everything was running perfect :)

However on the way back i started smelling a really bad oil smell. I thought nothing of it seems though it was running so nice and no warning lights were on and continued to drive home. Pulled up at the girlfriends house and looked under the bonnet everything seemed fine again. Looked underneath and i was absoluty shocked the whole underside of my car was covered in Fresh Oil, so i pooped myself and took it down to my cousin who did the rebuild and it turns out my rocker cover gasket has decided to leak big time!! :) GRRRRR!!

Its going in tomorrow to have the gasket sealed again and to check i havent caused any more damage :D :D

Such a shame because i was on 470miles and just about to do the next oil + filter so im nearly half way there. Just hope tomorrow goes okay

Liam

Sorry to hear that bro.

Hope you haven't caused any damage and that its just a simple reseal and continue job.

I feel your pain as I drove mine today and it wanted to GO but I just can't YET.

All the best and I'm sure it will all be well worth the wait.

Joz

Ahhhh sorry to hear it mate, lesson learnt tho any odd smells/noises doesnt take much to just pull over and give everything the once over

all the best hope its ok :)