• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks gents, hopefully the rebuild will all go according to plan.

And it should be at the monster motorsport meet, and JAE aslong as it all gos to plan that is.

Thanks mate. Still waiting on the parts being delivered from Toyota then the fun begins.

Im still driving it day to day and its just smoking even worse than it was now. Cannot wait for it all to be done with.

Right work started on the car this morning, and by half past 3 the top end of the engine was in pieces. lol.

Work will continue tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be back soon.

Gonna order some Quality oil, and a magnetic sump bung later tonight ready for the running in period.

good luck liam i know the pain your in mine is smoking like a whore rings in numberjust need to save for the parts i want to pp 2 has shit a brick.

luckly i have a spare engine to build up just need to save for the parts hope to make it somthing special .

good luck

joel

Good to hear you got a start to it mate,

I looked in the workshop on the way past but couldnt see it

Good luck with it all, and if you need any parts ill be back in work on thursday now.

Gary

Yeah im so happy that it has finally started after weeks of waiting for the time to start and parts being delivered etc..

Its not at our place mate, its at my cousins unit just across the road from us as he has the room to store it and all the proper tools and a engine crane and stuff. So it makes sense for it to stay there.

I could do with a couple of oil filters dude if thats ok??

good luck liam i know the pain your in mine is smoking like a whore rings in numberjust need to save for the parts i want to pp 2 has shit a brick.

luckly i have a spare engine to build up just need to save for the parts hope to make it somthing special .

good luck

joel

Yeah its horrible mate, hate looking in my rearview and just seeing plumes of blue smoke :)

Work has progressed a bit more today, half the engine is back in, sump and the top end are still waiting to be mouted back on and two more pistons need to be put back in aswell but that should be done tomorrow all being well. Engine was in a bad way major amounts of unburnt oil in and around the pistons and over the top of the block. The whole day has pretty much been spent cleaning all the internels up so they are like new again. And i must say after the clean up im surprised how well the engine was running because it absoluty caked in unburnt oil. It must have been burning it for a long long time before i noticed the smoke. Im happy with the way its looking at the minute all the internals are looking like new and everything has been polished up such a shame your not going to be able to see any of them lol.

And i must say apart from the damaged parts and unburnt oil which has now been removed the rest of the engine is in mint condition for a 120,000 miler. Quality Toyota engineering for you proves there built to last. :p

Really cannot wait to get it back home and give it a well deserved clean and polish as its absoluty covered in dust from my cousins unit. Might even do a celebratery photoshoot aswell :p

How it looks at the end of today!! :p

Photo0388.jpg

Photo0387.jpg

Liam

looking sweet dude :)

No it aint, its in pieces :p:p

All in due time my friend all in due time.

Shall be running sweet in no time :p

Yeah mate, it takes time to get it right. Atleast it'll be ready for JAE and the MM Dyno meet :p

Great progress so far mate.

Ill get oil filters for you tomorow, how many do you want?

Ill get them sent tomorow if i get a chance bud

Gary

Just the two matey please, Thanks Buddy!!

Yeah mate its literally had everything done, and cleaned and stuff Should be like a new engine when its back on the road, i actually cannot wait.

Got a bit more done today, but ran into a few problems with the Stem Seals so that has stopped work now until tomorrow. All the pistons are back in now and all cleaned and ready for action, new rings are in, head gasket is on just waiting on getting the head back on (hopefully tomorrow) and getting the sump back on, put some fresh oil and a filter on there and then she should be ready to rumble again ;)

Had the sump cleaned today, as it was covered in unburnt oil inside. But it was like clumps of solid oil so thats weird.

My cousin reckons that something went a long long time ago and i just didnt notice the smoke. Which explains why the whole head and stem seals and pistons was caked in unburnt oil.

Its defiantly a weird one, oh well atleast it'll all be sorted soon. Just got to burn all this oil out of my exhaust which is gonna take a while and mean that its gonna smoke for a bit longer :)

Liam

ITSSSSSSSSSSSSS READY!!!!!

Going to pick it up from my cousins unit tomorrow morning, and start the running in process by driving it all day long :)

Missed it so, im well excited about getting it back out on the road.

Went to fetch it this morning and its running really really well. Got a tiny issue with the oil im using for running it in being too thin, and slighty seeping out of the rocker cover gasket. Its not leaking upto yet but i think its only a matter of time before it does again. So thats gonna be relooked at on Tuesday. Probably going to end up doing another oil and filter and use some thicker oil and also replace the gasket again and put my new rocker cover on incase the old one is warped.

Timing has been turned all the way down aswell so that it cant rev very high and cause any damage, feels really sluggish like this but its the best way of making sure im not putting to much load on the new bits.

Anyway ive only done 11 miles since the rebuild so im going out for a drive to run it in a bit more :)