• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right bit of a unsuccessful day to be honest.

Me and Keirz both went outside with the impression of easily fitting the your Room bar in about 10 minutes. However we have been on it most of the day, and it is still sitting in my bedroom, not fitted.

Bascially we had some major issues with the bolts, and the thread in the holes that the bolts go into. They are now completley screwed, and i need to get the holes re-threaded, and need to get some longer bolts.

We did actually have it fitted, but it wouldn't fully tighten, so we took it back off again. Also with it only bolting in two places, it seems like it will still move around a lot, even if it was fully tightend, so it seems like it doesn't really do anything other than look good.

So unfortanley no pictures today, Sorry.

Yeah i know we have waited so long aswell. Would be much better if it bolted in four places and not two, than there wouldnt be much flex in the bar.

Longer bolts will help Joz, although your holes/bolts shouldn't be cross threaded.

Trying to sort it out tomorrow so i will let you know how i get on.

every one else should have no probs fitting, the problem we had was that the bolts and holes that was currently being used in liams n/a were damaged due to complications i had when i owned the car.

you shouldnt even need longer bolts.

Yet again not really an update, just some fresh pictures of mine in its current state, as i dont think i have posted any pics of it looking like this before.

Those of you who attended the Nottingham meet would have seen it in the flesh.

starletmeet22007004.jpg

starletmeet22007005.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

Nottinghammeet024.jpg

Nottinghammeet007.jpg

Comments and critism welcome as always.

Cheers for the comments lads.

Ian - Its a go faster vent. ;) :p

Phil - Cheers mate, still loads of stuff that needs to be done to it, Definatly need to sort them wing mirrors out. Yeah i have been thinking either Reflets or just a Glanza passenger side rear to get rid of the reverse bit. Kinda want the Glanza one more though, as it has a orange line in it and that will match my front lenses. Glad it looks like a Streetracer as that the look i am going for.

• 4 weeks later...

Bourkey - So do i lol, really cant wait to see this badboy fitted. Think i might be the first green one with one on.

Idress - Yeah i think the glanza passenger lense is the way im going. It will just look so right because the orange bit will match my front lenses. Although i keep looking at the later spec lenses and thinking that they would also look awesome.

No it aint on yet mate, still confused as to what colour i want it. Just taken the sticker off and gave it a good polish.

Will be taking it to the professionals to get it fitted.

Keirz you aint touching it. :rolleyes::lol:

Right managed to take a few quick piccies of my new item. Haven't managed to do ought with it yet. Just removed a sticker that was on it and give it a quick polish. My plan is to get it sprayed and fitted by Mint Car Enhancements (the same guys that did my panel/alarm an stuff). But as my car has now ran out of insurance i cant get it down to them. I have already rested it up on my bootlid to get an idea of how its gonna look and its gonna look immense, so i really cant wait to get it sorted.

Anyway i'll let the pics do the talking.

Picture008-2.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Car is also in desperate need of a clean and polish, as i have noticed that the panel that i got resparyed has a few quite bad scratches on it from where i took it to the hand car wash place, before the Nottingham meet. But as it has been raining/snowing a lot recently i haven't had time to. So i'm gonna wait till we get some decent weather.

Comments welcome as always.

Liam