• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really an update but i will post it on here anyway. Car is currently in the hands of Mint Car Enhancements having a Toad C5 Compact alarm and immobiliser fitted aswell as remote central locking.

Should be back with me on Thursday.

Well its costing me £330 all in. Bit more than usual as he has to buy the motors for the central locking.

I know he will do a good job as its the same guy that did Keirz's alarm and central locking.

i know its not, its worth every penny in my opinion, much better than it getting broken into.

Features include;

- Two circuit immobiliser unit.

- Internal ultrasonic sensors.

- Full onboard central locking interface.

- Battery backup siren.

- Two remote keyfob transmitters.

- Perimeter protection of boot/bonnet/doors

- Indicator flash.

- Passive arm and intelligent rearm.

- Programmable features inlcude: anti-hijack locking, interior light illumination plus more.

- Pager upgrade available

Not really sure what most of it means, but i know its good as its the same as Keirzs.

Right car is not back from the alarm guys yet, and there is one big reason why.

When my dad took the car down to them on tuesday he asked them about there stone chip repair service that they also do. And they said that it would be too much work to sort it. So then my dad asked them to just respary the front nearside panel, and a bit on the front bumper, as this was the worst part of my car (due to some stupid fool spilling brake fluid or something down it before Keirz bought it)

All this was done as a secret by my dad and he wasn't gonna tell me until i pick it up tomorrow. But i found out when i started asking why he was taking so long to fit my alarm and c/l kit.

Lets just hope he has done a good job, although my dad as already seen it and he says it looks good.

Will update on this tomorrow when it is back with me.

I know neither can i, its still not back from their place yet.

Apparantly he is struggling to get hold of some wiring for the alarm, and hes just waiting on that being delivered. He says it should definatly be back on tuesday. But i suppose atleast i know he isn't rushing it.

I personally think he just likes my car so much that he is crusing round in it. :angry: :p

I will update as soon as i get it back.

P.s my car should be looking its best again for the Nottingham meet.

ITS BACCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Finished work early today to go and pick it up. I had no idea this guy was so professional. Just from pulling into the car park i knew he would have done a great job, as it was rammed with very nice motors (TVR Chimera, Alpina B10, Bmw M6, Cooper S). My beast was parked all by itself just waiting to be picked up.

Hes shown me around all his work and i can honestly say this guy is a legend, and i would recommend him to anyone.

First thing he shown me was the panel that he had sprayed, absolutly awesome job there, cannot fault him on that one. Then he shown me the alarm/central locking, and all its features and how it works etc.. And i must say i am very impressed with it. Oh yeah i have also had BMW electric windows put in courtesy of my mum and dad, which i didn't know about, and yet again i cant fault this guys work.

After it spent a few nights in his workshop, it was looking a bit dusty, so he got his boys on the job on valeting it for me. Using some Supaguard stuff that he had just bought in to try out.

As i have said above this guys work is superb and i would definatly recommend him to anybody on here. He is currently working on his website, which will be up and running very soon. If anybody wants to know his contact details let me know and i will post them up on here for you.

I will get some celebratry pics at the weekend.

Cheers guys.

Sparky - it was quite funny actually, because he was telling ' heres your electric window switches' and i was like i didnt ask for electric windows, then my dad had to explain the surprise. :lol::lol:

I think it was defiantly worth the wait.

Only 1 problem now though, i want to leave my current job and work there. ;) :p

Dont thnk he does mate to be honest. Although i haven't asked.

Its just i have a really good, well paying job now and i dont really want to leave, but if the chance came up i would defiantly leave and go there. I would be happy to start fresh and learn.

Really am considering phoning him and just seeing, although i know what the answer will be.

Few little updates, Ultra Racing rear room bar arrived today, fantastic quality will be getting that in on sunday. Lime green wheel tape has also arrived, will also be doing that on sunday. Will get pics on Sunday aswel