• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you only live like 3 miles away from my uni house XD.

Car looks great dude. And yep, gotta agree, the Parada Spec2s are indeed grippy. I got a set on my Jazz.

Ermmmmmmmmm how you know that Kentris dude. Because i dont think i do lol.

Just checked your address from the previous posts that's all.

Was out of curiousity really haha.

I dont know the limitations, but I do know that Norwich Union will provide short-term car insurance if you need it. Check it out if you're in a tight spot and your dad won't sort you out... Hope that helps.

Oh, and the car's looking sweet mate.

Im still confused how you know though mate, as i have never posted where i live on here except for the Nottingham bit in my avatar. :D:unsure:

Tahiti - Yeah mate, i know about the short-term insurance policies but i cannot insure it due to not having a license yet. So my dad has to do it. He basically insured it for a month with Churchill last time, but he is just refusing this time. Cheers for making me aware of this though dude it is appriciated.

Cheers

I think Glanza spoilers are a bit over the top on N/As

Gotta agree with that but the GT spoilers look prety mean on an N/A in my opinion

Loving the new spoiler tho :unsure:

Cheers JAG i really cannot wait to get that fitted it is gonna look immense.

Keirz probably could insure it but he has to pay for the insurance on the V (obviously).

Im confused?

How come your not insuring the car yourself?

Im guessing I've missed something big like your still learing to drive or something...? ;)

lol, Yh as Sparky said still learning, and its not going to well to be honest. Passed my theory last week though so that makes it one step closer.

Right still pictures of these updates im afraid but the car is now down at my work place as i needed to get the starting problem sorted. I was worried it was gonna be something serious but it turns out it was only the battery. Which was flat because the Cat 1 alarm is draining it and it aint being driven. But managed to get the battery charged and it starts every time again now.

Also managed to sort the seatbelt bolt situatuion out today aswell. Managed to re-thread them and get some new bolts put in aswell, and they are 100% safe again. Was gonna put the room bar when we was doing this but i've decided to wait for a bit.

And also tried to fit the Sustec under brace today but that was kinda unsucessful. Dropped all the exhaust down and everything else that was in the way. and then realised that the exhaust hangers are gonna stop it going on properly so built everything back up and i was gutted. But then one of my work mates came up with a genuis idea which means i can still fit it. So we are gonna own that tomorrow, hopefully.

As i said still no pics but they will come as soon as i get the car back home and everything is sorted, which shouldn't be long.

Cheers

Liam

Mate your one step closer to driving thats what matters ;)

Shame about the lower brace hope you get it fitted, youdont have much luck with braces do you ;)

I was thinking how you knew then Rob but then i remembered the text i sent you. :D:D. We will have to have another meet sometime soon mate.

Yeah one step closer is good Sparky mate, just had a driving lesson and asked about my test, and he said its just tidying stuff up now and it shouldn't be long.

No i have no luck with braces, but the good news is this one actually fits perfectly. :D:D Yup its all on and sorted, looks awesome and hopefully there will be an improvement in handling aswell. Sits bloody low though. :p:D

Car is back home again now, was gonna give it a clean and take some fresh pics but then it started raining like usual.

The good news is that the Sustec under brace really isnt too bad over speedhumps it dosen't catch if you slow down a bit. The bad news is that it is catching slighty on the exhaust so we are gonna have to sort that the next time that it is down work, hopefully it wont be much of a problem.

Yeah thats because i haven't got it sorted yet. I got quoted £50 just to fit and not spray it. Think im gonna ring a bodyshop tomorrow for a quote.

• 1 month later...

Long time no update!!!!!!!!!

Thought it was about time that i unveiled the secret items, lol.

My Awesome Brides!!!!!

DSCF1365.jpg

DSCF1364.jpg

DSCF1366.jpg

DSCF1368.jpg

Please excuse my uber shocking interior, with chavvy gearknob and different colour doorcards, its a work in progress for gods sake. :D:o

These seats are awesome, they aren't mint but they do the job perfectly and they look perfect in my N/a. I was thinking about getting rid of them due to them being a little too low for me as i aint the tallest of people, and i can hardly see over the steering wheel but i think with a few cushions i should be cool so i'm gonna keep them. Fitting was very easy due to having the EP91 Bride subframes which i bought off Jay the parts god. B). They aint 100% in yet as they need a slight adjustment with the rails but they are pretty much there. Just got to order my harnesses now!!!

Just dont know what to do with the rears now, do i go for a custom job or do i just get Glanza rears??. I dont really want to spend silly money on the rears as i am planning on stripping it when i have a bit of experience.

Also a few pictures of my Sustec H Underbrace, just to prove that i have actually fitted it.

DSCF1370.jpg

DSCF1371.jpg

It dosen't sit as low as i thought i would which is cool, but it does slighty catch on my exhaust when you pull off, which i dont really think is a big problem.

For the obvious reasons i haven't noticed any gains with this, but my Cousin who i work with has driven the car with this fitted and he says it feels a bit stiffer but he hasn't given it a proper test so only time will tell.

Things that still need fitting:

Lime Green lip on the wheels,

Fit Oil Catch Tank,

Fit Ultra Racing rear floor bar,

Take the TTE Spoiler to the bodyshop to get it sprayed

Fit TTE Spoiler after it has been sprayed.

Think i'm gonna stop buying stuff after all these are sorted, until i have passed the almighty test.

man them seats look really lush i love bride seats i think im gonna go for the low max kevlar ones eventually. do they offer good side support? you should take the back seats out to begin with the only thing i would advise is to get a rear strutbrace if you dont have one as the back end is really light and will step out round islands. i had no back seats from day1! no seats FTW :o

They offer unbelieve support everywhere mate, they are perfect as i said.

I aint allowed to strip it out yet though otherwise it would already be done. I already have the c-pillar bar and ultra racing floor bar, GReddy rear strut brace is my next purchase though i think.