EP Performance Red TOM's EP85 4WD Build - The Ultimate Starlet... IT'S ALIIIIIVE!!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to think that all the parts I buy off you help fund your awesome projects (in the grand scale probably not so much lol), gives me even more love for them!!!

Edited by Jay85

Need to see coils on the rwd asap haha. Gonna keep nagging as i know you want yours as low as i want the 5door lol

Also you heard about running lsd's on the 4wd yet? I've read not long back there is potentials for front and rear retro fits

Edited by shorty

Well folks a few more updates today...

The steering column is fitted along with a genuine Tom's personal steering wheel.

image_zps459b1145.jpg

A shortshifter has also been fitted along with uprated copper bushed gear linkages...

image_zps3pvqdqrr.jpg

Oil filter housing modded and fitted including sensor for oil pressure sensor and braided oil feed for turbo :)

image_zps6ed2176f.jpg

Re-conditioned coolant overflow bottle and bracket fitted..

image_zpsf68804ac.jpg

I gave the new WEPR mild steel top mounted TD04 manifold four coats of very high temperature black and two coats of very high temperature lacquer to give a light shine.

image_zps28781248.jpg

The manifold was fouling on the metal clutch line using the Starlet slave cylinder, causing it not to fit. After much trial and error we finally found one which suited. This is it mocked up but it will be coming back off to be painted before being fitted properly...

image_zpse74a28e1.jpg

TrisK Sacha said that to use a 5e slave cylinder but I took one off myself from a 1.5 Cynos and it's the very same as a Starlet slave cylinder and was fouling on the manifold just the same.

• 2 weeks later...

First time I've seen this thread. Good progress! The stock gear ratios are no good for drag racing imo. Are you going to change them?

1st is far too short unless you want to launch it hard in second? I was going over the line in 5th in mine. Too many gear changes and too much wheel spin.

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys after my Japfest UK nightmare and then Dad being in hospital I haven't done much with this but finally a few parts have started arriving again which has rekindled the enthusiasm somewhat...

A full polycarbonate window kit custom made for my car including OEM style black beading around the edges and racing slider in the drivers window. The whole window kit weighs less than 5 kilograms!

image_zps26d06dc0.jpg

image_zpsb74c178a.jpg

image_zps3a3d1ad5.jpg

My lightweight fibreglass bootlid has also arrived, coming in around the 5kg mark aswel...

image_zps9ee9151e.jpg

image_zps5fd91c3a.jpg

image_zpscb49870d.jpg

The extended wheel studs I ordered to fit my Levin twin pot brakes to the front wouldn't fit so I returned them and sourced other ones.

All I was waiting on to fit the brakes was new HEL braided brake hoses in red. They arrived this morning...

image_zps0e43f1b2.jpg

I also got a HEL braided clutch line in red...

image_zps3bc97867.jpg

After much searching I have managed to find two brand new genuine TOM's 4 point racing harnesses in red... Brand new in the box!

I paid for these yesterday so cannot wait to receive them!

I have decided to keep with the original Starlet theme and am now on the lookout for two Starlet fishnet Recaros for the front and I will run the red TOM's harnesses with these.

I also need a 38mm Tial Wastegate so I can fit the rest of the turbo kit...

That's about all for now folks :)