• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^I hear you man, its long over due!

On those ends.......got someone coming to give me his opinion on the bend over the weekend, plus had plenty of over time clearing up trees left by the storm that blew through just recently so i've got mend money to burn. Just got to find someone i trust before i let them loose on my pride and joy!

Expect a few more pointless updates before any real news on when i'll be out stalking my local duel carriageway though! :p

The engine bay tidy continues, managed to get some cleaning done and plumb in some more green. Not completely happy with the radiator hoses and i sheered a bolt on the bottom bracket for the rad so that needs a bit of work before giving the system a good flush and refilling with Toyota red!

The power steering reservoir had been bodged on a bit during the engine conversion and the hoses were knackered so off that came to be relocated forward in the bay (might look into getting RW Developments to make me one up to match the catch can).

I also gave carbon wrapping a crack and had a go at my cooling panel, longterm plans are for a genuine carbon fibre one but for now im pretty pleased with the result!

DSCF3235_zps3ca4bd1c.jpg

DSCF3247_zps5625eb62.jpg

Started heat wrapping the exhaust manifold (on the car again despite vowing never to do it fitted again, dont want to risk developing issues by removing it) fiddly job and looking to be more costly than expected, went through a 15 ft roll of 1" DEI exhaust wrap on only 2 branches of the manifold and have had to order 2 more rolls to finish the job!

DSCF3245_zps625a7d10.jpg

A few packages turned up this week so test fitted the belts and gauges (oil temp/pressure)

DSCF3236_zps5cf23416.jpg

DSCF3249_zpsce376213.jpg

DSCF3251_zps2bb7468f.jpg

Due to a vented n/a bonnet being a ways down on my to-do list and because i think it looks mean..........lil bonnet raise :)

DSCF3234_zps4e56acb7.jpg

How much was it Flynn. I've been looking for a Recaro one for ages but I'm having no luck :(

Not cheap mate bout £120 but i was sick of looking for one and want to get the car on the road soon so just bit the bullet :)

Liking the path this is going down, i want a black sr!

Thanks mate! :)

• 5 weeks later...

Playing around in the woods all day clearly pays off... :p

Tidy car mate... :-D

Thanks dude! It's coming along now, well over due getting it on the road but I keep finding bits for it......Like wheels and shit lol :)

Haven't looked at this in a while buddy, love the cage and harnesses. So many awesome parts going in to her.

Keep it up :thumbsup:

Chris mate I've been slack as fuck getting you that template for the cooling panel, I'll get that done for you over the weekend! And WILL talk bonnets with you soon ;) thanks for the comments mate!

Never worry mate, I an wait until the new year. Erm looking into making my own carbon parts at the moment, with things happening in the Jan/Feb time (hopefully) will keep you in the loop though.

Do it mate......sounds very interesting! :)

Haha well wheels are finally on route..

What colour u gunna do them?

Arrived!!! Staying white for now....................did have ideas about really hi-viz green and the calipers like a flat traffic grey but money dictates that they stay as is for now!

Got some tyres ordered up for them (fitting them christmas eve!) Yokohama advan sports, wanted Prada specs but got these for the same price as they were out of stock!

Got the rest of the manifold wrapped at last and every things pretty much plumbed back in. Also fitted the horns for a touch of jdm!

DSCF3258_zps198143c2.jpg

DSCF3261_zps923a4621.jpg

DSCF3259_zps8a1c013f.jpg

Had a bit of time out of work so decided to try and mesh my bumper (opted for the round style, not 100% why but i had it in my head and im happy enough with it for the time being!) Started off attacking the slats with a Dremel and then using wire body mesh and filler to smooth things out, still needing a bit more work before paint.

The mesh was a nightmare, cut it to size and sprayed it up in met black.Tiger sealed it all into the bumper, again though still needs tweeking!

Bumper had also previously been cracked slightly and fitted with screw on spots so these got sanded/filled while i was at it........im not gonna lie i've sunk a fair bit of time into this bastard!

DSCF3281_zps2c0f98b9.jpg

DSCF3285_zpsaec7df54.jpg

Just to eliminate any confusion........the numberplates off the old (dead) SR not made up if i'll stick with the beaver teeth or change back to uk spec.

Removed the TTE splitter while im pissing about with the bumper, just incase!

DSCF3286_zpsb0e8e131.jpg

DSCF3288_zps9bdd560c.jpg

DSCF3292_zpsd1bb3f13.jpg

Last little update...........couple of these turned up! :)

DSCF3299_zps34a8afce.jpg

Tyres aren't getting fitted till Christmas Eve but I reckon I'll sling them on over the weekend see how they're gonna work with the speedies up back! The Rota's will get swapped up for some Ray's eventually!