• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some very tasty work going on here dude, really liking the approach you're taking! keep it up!

Phil.

Thanks Phil mate, really need to knuckle down and stop buying bits so I can get the bodywork sorted......but a Tom's flywheel has just appeared on my radar, so........lol!

Coming along well :)

but What was wrong with the D2's?

Absolutely nothing mate....really not sure what to do. Keep the D2's on and flog the DGR's or swap them over so I've got a brand new coilies on and then should get good money for a second hand set of D2's? Any thoughts?

Hey Joe! Glad to see it's safe back at your home :) it's so strange seeing it on the forum. Bet you are having fun swapping stuff over, enjoy the cup holders by the way!! Was a good mod i told my bro to do when we found a glanza breaking :D

Look forward to seeing the future plans you have for it and maybe see it at shows in future :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Joe! Glad to see it's safe back at your home :) it's so strange seeing it on the forum. Bet you are having fun swapping stuff over, enjoy the cup holders by the way!! Was a good mod i told my bro to do when we found a glanza breaking :D

Look forward to seeing the future plans you have for it and maybe see it at shows in future :)

Hey Shelly! Yep its got pride of place out the back of ours with a cover on and i'm managing to get bits done in the evenings.

Still no developments with the dent as i've been finding other things to spunk money on (car things though :D ) the cup holders were on the list of things to find so stoked on them!.

Plans are moving along so will defo have it out for some shows eventually :thumbsup:

Nice progress on this dude, so much done in such a short amount of time.

Thanks mate....its all gonna be fits and starts as far as progress goes (plus i've got to knuckle down and get the cash put by for the repairs) but watch this space, got a bit done today :)

So after talking to Pig666eon on here i found out that my 98 spec rear lights were infact 96 backs with 98 lenses chucked on and were basically shit, so managed to bag another set off the Bay nice and cheap so will get them on in the next few days.

First time around with an SR i stripped the back of the car out in a bid to fit the rear strut and c-pillar bar but i'll be honest the lack of rear seats and the NOISE started to do my head in so i'v made the effort to get both the rear strut cut in and mount the c-pillar bar with seatbelts.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Joeflynns/media/DSCF3024_zpse67387bc.jpg.html'>DSCF3024_zpse67387bc.jpg

The car had 6x9's cut into the parcel shelf and i'm more of a fan of stealth speakers in the back or non at all, so changed the shelf for an OG (un-cut) one.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Joeflynns/media/DSCF3021_zps359b1c46.jpg.html'>DSCF3021_zps359b1c46.jpg

As said i wanted to keep as much in the back of this car as possible so knew i'd have to address (Those) back seats at some point....and today was that day!

Got to credit my old mum for her sewing skills but this is how far we got today......

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Joeflynns/media/DSCF3039_zpsf73b6bf7.jpg.html'>DSCF3039_zpsf73b6bf7.jpg

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Joeflynns/media/DSCF3038_zps4b98ea11.jpg.html'>DSCF3038_zps4b98ea11.jpg

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Joeflynns/media/DSCF3040_zpse263f6a0.jpg.html'>DSCF3040_zpse263f6a0.jpg

It has been a monumental mission....but i'm pretty pleased with the results! :D

Next on the list is a civic rad and new wings so a little wait before they'll get bought...........but this did turn up in the post today.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Joeflynns/media/DSCF3028_zpscb2d4cd1.jpg.html'>DSCF3028_zpscb2d4cd1.jpg

Keep the D2s :p unless you don't like the ride, you can sell them for a decent price though too :)

Really am in 2 minds about it....i know theres nothing wrong with the D2's but i've got a shinney set of brand new coil overs sat here, i know people rave about D"'s for Starlets but the build quality etc of the DGR's looks just as good and the're actually a little lighter.

Ill be kicking myself if i sell the DGR's and a year down the line the D2's give up, plus i went through so much stress with the groupbuy and CJ Performance thing that i kind of feel like i should see it through and get them fitted?

Any idea what a set of second hand D2's are worth? :)

Oossshhtt that bride covered rear is nice! You going to darken up the sides?

Haha glad to see you got the F/W too :D

Thanks mate :) the original plan was to take all the covers off and then use the material as templates but in the end just covered the existing seats as it was a slightly easier option! I'd like to get the sides covered too in a dark gray but getting the covers back on was so hard......i never want to do it again lol.

Thought abought dying the fabric but where its so synthetic i dont think it would hold colour.......will try and get the bench finished and fitted and then see if i can live with the colour :thumbsup: be interested to see what other people have done with theirs, the only other idea i had in mind was the recaro optional bench as that would have worked well colourwise but my pockets aint that deep (one day)

Yea fly wheel was a steal at £63 posted :)

Car looks good are you on the isle of wight couple people over here with ep if u need any parts

Yes mate i'm on the Island :) pretty sure i've met most of the webbed toe clan!

Was talk about everyone meeting up at some point.....i'll still be in the 4efe SR though...boooooooooo!

Think i spoke to you a way back on here (my user name used to be SR Rat)

Lad your mums a legend, be sure and tell her lol.

Rear seats look great

She is mate.....don't worry I told her, but ill pass on the praise from urself too! :)

Nothing to report just a few photos of the ST185 single pot brakes that i'll soon be swapping over fom "car one" and replacing them with the Glanza drilled and grooved ones.....love how meaty they look against the Speedlines :)

DSCF3047_zpsd4946246.jpg

DSCF3053_zps7fc90848.jpg

Factory fresh Speedline alloy.....

DSCF3045_zps6e8bfe92.jpg

And finally a cheeky rear shot showing the new spaced out stance up back....

DSCF3044_zps86eceb7c.jpg

just the rear wiper to remove and the arse ends there (saying that the lights still need changing)

Cheers Josh mate.....yea the wings are on the to do list but meantime theres another wing that needs some effort and money thrown at it!

Talked to my "inside man" lol at Toyota,T-dog and he's got me a complete box fresh oem rear wing on its way (2 weeks) and i've started stripping the rear on that side!

Also got the 98 specs fitted but photobuckets being a cu*t so i'll have some pics with the next post!