Very small update.......after dropping the car down off the old axle stands it became quite obvious that the new coil overs were set WAY too low so had a play about (ending up mirroring the D2's i took off).

BEFORE:

DSCF3357_zps517d704a.jpg

AFTER:

DSCF3362_zpse63875d6.jpg

Still think im going to beat the shit out of the exhaust system but we'll have to see......

Finally fitted the slimline fan on my rad, couldn't quite believe it involved pushing bits of plastic through the fins but there you go lol

Also was looking through the "show us your engine bay" thread and noticed a few people mounting their fans on the outside of the radiator?

Is this just to save space in the bay?

Oh and ebay turned up something nice and cheap thats been on the wanted list for a bit!

DSCF3360_zps59a93a2b.jpg

DSCF3365_zps422fdd0f.jpg

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a bit worried it wont fit anyway with the HKS system (seems to have 2 massive silencers mid section) the car isn't all that low now but because the 4age sits low in the bay, the exhaust follows this pattern.

Worst bit is i live on a backward ass island and we only have "back roads" and about half a mile of duel carriageway........and thats up one side and back down the other!

Rad pipe was a bitch and could still do with being on a bit better!

• 1 month later...

Yea island roads are pure shite tbh :( apart from the big main roads most are a bit harsh. You gonna pop up to the southampton/south meet point for covoy up mate to fest? Pm me for details if ya need too.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting reading through your build, some really nice touches :)

Good job you donated your old sr bits as I ended up buying Toby's black sr after my white sr died :(

Look forward to seeing this in the flesh :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just jumped on for a quick sticky beak and found a load of posts I hadn't seen! Builds been a bit off the boil due to personal goings on etc BUT.....the body work has been done and an MOT is booked this week!!!

Will get on soon and update everything along with a new direction for the rear end ;)