• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good pal, so that's you me and Toby now running grids then :) good job there all different colours.

Needs some skirts to match them tom's spats now, looking more like a glanza with them skirts. At least its a nice colour lol.

Keep up the good work and see you in the summer.

Looking good pal, so that's you me and Toby now running grids then :) good job there all different colours.

Needs some skirts to match them tom's spats now, looking more like a glanza with them skirts. At least its a nice colour lol.

Keep up the good work and see you in the summer.

I'll be honest I was set on a pair of Ray's that I found in Japan, was all about savin a bit of weight but import etc was mental.....then 2 Rota's cropped up on here for a good price, so gonna rock them up front and keep the Speedlines for the back! Totally forgot you had them too lol

Seen your car about a fair bit over the summer too just not in anything that could put up a chase!

I was talking to a guy who's got OG Tom's skirts and another set of spats but he's all the way up in Scotland and I don't wanna risk them getting fucked up in transit! Plus I can't make my mind up if the Tom's skirts look shit on an ep91, don't want to get them just because they're rare?

Don't worry front end is staying n/a TTE lips going back on and it's looking like a carbon fibre bonnet if this group buy go's ahead! :)

^^id say you'd be fine cutting them out too as long as you are going to mesh the gaps, I left them in for a bit of added strength but after using the mesh it's stronger than it ever was before! :)

Very nice!!!!

I hope there will be a carbon bonnet on it in the near future.

could you tell me the weight of the rollcage?

Thanks Motion......you and me both my friend, I'm hoping we might hear some good news in the next week or so ?

I'm unsure about cage weight (will see if I can find the courier info from when it was shipped) :)

• 4 weeks later...

Update time........

Been a little while since i posted anything about my build, mainly due to the weather, but i've got some stuff done and a few parts together.

Was going to keep this one under my hat till Japfest but its the only thing i've got photos of!

Not seen anyone do this yet either and it was a MISSION..........but the idea has been bouncing around in my head for a bit, so when a mate gave me a set of carbon eyelids for Christmas i decided it was time to try and retrofit them to my crystal n/a headlights!

DSCF3311_zps54cab2af.jpg

DSCF3312_zpscba4bdb4.jpg

Edited by Flynn

Cheers motion :) not perfect but i dont think its possible, maybe if i had ten sets to brutalise.......really surprised nobody does eyebrows for n/a starlets!

Had a bit of a result on ebay the other day............been keeping a lazy eye out for any Ray's alloys that crop up on there and a pair did! (already thinking of running odd wheels anyway and im pretty confident that these will work with the Rota's dunno about the speedies but we'll see!)

Anyway, they need a good refurb but are straight as a die and the lip edges are mint..........best bit is they only cost me £60 odd quid delivered!

Volk Racing AV Revolution

DSCF3314_zpseab88a8e.jpg

DSCF3317_zpsc37c0325.jpg

Good week on ebay.......got some standard skirts for £9 too :)

Also slowly getting the parts together to do the rear beam swap and these TRD bushes were on the list.

DSCF3319_zps86cea034.jpg

Things should start really moving with the build in the next month or so, the weather and dark evenings aren't helping but im desperate to get it back on the road so hopefully some slightly more interesting updates in the not too distant future! :)

Well, there are actually eyebrows for the NA. I spoke to a company in Germany doing them. If I recall correctly they want (roughly) 35 for them. Well if more people want them maybe I can do the contact for a group buy. Only maybe as I would need to gather enough info first.

Edited by Xpect
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry Xpect somehow missed that last post! Thats interesting to know, think you'd find a good few people who would want to get in on a group buy but you'd have to run it passed admin (got my hand slapped when i first joined the forum for suggesting a group buy on a hose kit!) :thumbsup:

As we are all aware, the weather has been.....well, shit to put it mildly. Work has been manic due to all the trees down so work on the SR has been slow, i did however manage to finish cleaning up the alloys and gave them a blow over in etch primer as im still in 2 minds about what colour to go with them!

DSCF3331_zpscc971843.jpg

DSCF3334_zps3f250982.jpg

While on indoor missions i decided it was about time i had a go at retrimming the optional armrest i've had kicking about, im pretty happy with the result although the fitment is a bit shonky, a few people have said theirs are also a bit on the wobbly side so ill have to address this at a later date.......anyway here it is (flash picked out the scratches alot worse than they appear in reality)

DSCF3325_zpsc5773b1e.jpg

DSCF3326_zps5e6b7f0b.jpg

when i first got the car last year i managed to find a company in Hawaii that had done a run of carbon fibre engine/cam covers for the 4age engine but were currently out of stock, so after a few emails i was told to try again at the end of the year as another lot would be up on their ebay shop.

I literally spent months watching until low and behold, 6 sets went up for sale! This was on the monday and i had to wait till midnight for my wages to clear, in hindsight i could have committed to buy and then payed later but i didn't even consider the fact that one lone buyer would snap up all six sets.........but they fucking did!

Another panic email was sent..........but there were no more.

Pissed rite off with the whole thing i decided to forget about it until i was clearing my ebay watch list history a few weeks later and noticed "4AGE carbon engine and cam cover" re-listed!

Happy was an understatement!

DSCF3342_zps17c4c65a.jpg

DSCF3344_zps4f7dcfed.jpg

After having the car up on stands for what feels like forever i finally got the new coilovers fitted and dropped the car back on all 4's to see how it sits!

I think it looks spot on but because the HKS system im running is so low slung itself, the car is gonna have to get raised up a bit as one of the silencers is mm off bottoming out, no pictures of that but ill get one before i have a play at the weekend!

Japfest ticket is payed for so begins the push to get it finished for may!

Have also been giving some serious thought to selling my original TTE splitter as i've got a couple more ideas for the front end (plus i think it should really be worn by a mint original looking SR and not my sr/glanza/levin mix up!) but im not made up on letting it go as they are soooooooooooo rare!

DSCF3346_zps622a3c54.jpg

DSCF3349_zps01de3684.jpg

DSCF3347_zps831deeb0.jpg

Cheers Stu! :)

Don't worry morgey man.....no matter what they look like, yours will out perform mine all day long!

Would love to do some of the bits you've done.....just lack the skills and minerals to tackle anything that requires more than undoing a few bolts lol