• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they said they'd release on next gen few people would buy it on older consoles and just wait, it's just a business scheme, if they hadn't missed the earlier release dates I'm sure it would have been announced for ps4 by now.

Game are doing a deal if you have say cod ghosts on ps3 say you buy ps4 you get £40 trade in value to upgrade to the ps4 version, this is on all games afaik. So if they announce ps4 release of gta and you fancey upgrading it to ps4 version it'll cost you a small amount.

Edited by TurboTobz

I'd be surprised if it comes out on the next gen consoles. After all Rockstar took 4 years developing it to run on the current hardware.

As the next gen consoles run completely different architecture, my understanding is that they'd have to more or less start all over again, which seems pretty unlikely...

I'd be surprised if it comes out on the next gen consoles. After all Rockstar took 4 years developing it to run on the current hardware.

As the next gen consoles run completely different architecture, my understanding is that they'd have to more or less start all over again, which seems pretty unlikely...

Id imagine they developed it for both platforms/engines at the same time, think of it everyone's getting shot of ps3s they're margins would be smaller unless they released it for next gens, I maybe wrong though it's a shot in the dark

Id imagine they developed it for both platforms/engines at the same time, think of it everyone's getting shot of ps3s they're margins would be smaller unless they released it for next gens, I maybe wrong though it's a shot in the dark

I think the problem was that it was majorly delayed, it wasn't supposed to be released so close to the next gen consoles as like you said everyone's getting rid of PS3s/360s.

Developers only received the next gen development kits around 18-24 months ago so development would have been well under way on the current gen before they got the next gen software. You never know, they may still port it over though, would be good to see!

I think the problem was that it was majorly delayed, it wasn't supposed to be released so close to the next gen consoles as like you said everyone's getting rid of PS3s/360s.

Developers only received the next gen development kits around 18-24 months ago so development would have been well under way on the current gen before they got the next gen software. You never know, they may still port it over though, would be good to see!

Yeah it looks amazing on current consoles, imagine them on next gens with better capabilities