Lewis's 98 Spec TD04 236bhp Beast - Update: 08/05/14 - END GAME....

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Port the wastegate mate. That should solve your problem. Also if funds allow buy a hks actuator. Second hand can be quite cheap. Its an easy job to port the wastegate aswell.

I have a brand new HKS actuator in my garage. Haven't got around to fitting it. I will remove the actuator, decat and port the wastegate as soon as i get around too it. Just worried i do some damage by overporting ext...

Just take a little of at a time till it's nice an equal round the port, but make sure the penny has enough contact when closed

I'm going to do that.. what kind of dremmel head would i need to port the wastegate with? As i'll need to buy another head..

Id measure the wastegate penny then use the dremmel to bore the hole leaving a few mm either side. Just take your time and keep checking and you will be fine

How effective is porting the wastegate to reduce creep?

Lewis save some money and upgrade your exhaust manifold to that Race-tech manifold Lee is selling?

I could buy it now Amir, just don't want to spend money on the CT9. Plus that will make creep worse!!

Received my HT Leads from Burny today, half the price of new ones and I must admit in brilliant quality, king lead included! + They matched my colour scheme!

All fitted 15 minutes later, another poor picture I really need a new phone lol

B8DF387B-04B2-441C-8F65-1C7A1862E138-245

Opinions on the car now?

Good work mate, burnys car allways looked in top condition so not surprised his engine parts were quality, good but there :)

We need some hole car pics of how it stands now :)

James

That's true, I lost my iPhone 5S. Down to a 3G.. Useless camera. But, outside, is just OEM + Rota Slipstreams nothing special to look at!

Coming along nicley dude, this was bog standard the last time i saw it fair play to you buddy

Keep it up buddy , Defo go TD04 you will love it

Thanks mate. Went mad the first few weeks. Needing it to look better, as the OEM look didn't appeal to me!

---

Current engine bay picture taken this weekend. Ignore the red silicone, it's a temporary measure!! I think next on my list blue TRD oil cap.. to bling the bay a tad more!

Where else can i bling the bay? Need suggestions!!

8DBA56BE-E419-41D9-8ECD-A67CCA054EB8-389

Just seem that, I want one of those SAARD too. I'll hold out till end of month when i can afford both! Just booked 2 nights in London with the Mrs's in December. As you can imagine, London hotels are really cheap.................... :fool:

After anything for the bay/interior now. Aiming for my TD04 conversation so the majority of car funding will be aside on that. But little touches here and there is what i hope to do inbetween.

Like Indigo dials, 3 pod gauge holder, blue LED's in the interior dials (Heater switches etc...) and anything else reasonably priced i can lay my hands on!

Edited by Zeldoz

Leave that with me, I need to re-access my bank as it just took a hit from hotel bookings...

Is it 52mm bud?

Haha london price i can imagine you accout took a hit lol

No worries mate it aint going anywhere i can save it for you till you have funds as your local :)

Yes buddy 52mm

Haha london price i can imagine you accout took a hit lol

No worries mate it aint going anywhere i can save it for you till you have funds as your local :)

Yes buddy 52mm

If you can hold it until payday i'll take it bud! Wanted a 3 pod, but to be honest i only need that in Febuary when i buy the wideband for a/f ratio so a 2 pod will be fine for a few months and im sure i can re-sell it @ £30 then!

If you can hold it until payday i'll take it bud! Wanted a 3 pod, but to be honest i only need that in Febuary when i buy the wideband for a/f ratio so a 2 pod will be fine for a few months and im sure i can re-sell it @ £30 then!

Thats fine with me mate let me no when funds are there and i'll drop it down to you buddy :)