HKS Hi Silent Power - Not loud enough?

So, had the Glanza only 4 days. But, the HKS Silent Hi Power is not cutting the mustard. The thing is shiny as fook and looks literally brand new. I'm awaiting a decat in the post to hopefully see if it livens up the exhaust but im not holding my breath.

I'm just wondering why would it be so quite? - I know the clue is in the name, but I've heard a few in real life which are considerably louder? Would this be down to a completely stock engine setup and standard boost?

Would a decat make any difference to the sound of it at all?

Thanks

My mates was always noticeably quieter than other systems, I run a jperformance system (soon going 3'') and it isn't very loud but a lot louder than my mates HKS.

Not saying there will be, but worth checking to see if there's a removable silencer bung in the back, as a lot of systems give you the option to run with it either in or out

I have also this exhaust with Zisco mild steel mani, Tongs gt spec and Blitz decat and sound isn't much louder than with the stock setup. As said earlier removing the mid box would make the biggest difference.

I have also this exhaust with Zisco mild steel mani, Tongs gt spec and Blitz decat and sound isn't much louder than with the stock setup. As said earlier removing the mid box would make the biggest difference.

i agree lol

Phil

On my first Glanza it came with a HKS Hi Silent and stock engine. As other have said, decat will make it louder but it will still be pretty tame, if you want it louder get the mid box removed and go straight through.

Here is a quick vid of mine, at this stage it had decat and mid box removed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GqEpzIVFgQ

Yeah, it's quite mild in sound compared to my fujitsubo power getter which is not crazy loud either, but is still louder. I have a decat and ported stock mani too.

Here's a video of my power getter in action.

>http://vimeo.com/67005187

I have the Silent Hi power too, the middle box was already cut out when I bought the car, compared the noise to my friend who has the same exhaust with the middle box and mine sounds a million times nicer (not being big headed lol) but yeah, say goodbye to the middle box itll solve it!!

• 2 years later...