How loud are straight through exhausts on a turbo?

Well my GT exhaust needs replacing and I'm looking into options for the system I want. I'm getting a Fujitsubo Power Getter/Apex'i N1 box.

Not sure whether to have a centre silencer fitted or not?

Before with N1 style on the NA, straight through was way too loud. Had a centre box fitted and it was perfect, medium loudness on WOT.

Will a 2.5" unsilenced system with the same box be as loud or a lot quieter on my GT?

GT is running 1 bar CT9 with decat..

mine was the same as a buddy club just the small resonator in the back. but i think the only people off ukso that actually saw my GT were owain (enots) and dave the rave (daveydemolition) lol

oh and lottie, adam yates, matt and sam lol

mine was loud. would never have a passed a sound test

it was epically loud, in a good way :)

still got it if you want to trial fit it for testing? ;)

Thanks Ry, down in Southampton again now though unfortunately!

Like I said on Facebook feel free to come and have a go in mine and see what you reckon??

Mines straight through with just a tiny resonator box right at the back and it's mega loud!

Thanks bro! The Buddyclub is another level up haha. Should hopefully be going to see Mr Rogers next Sunday :D

if u fit a turbo style system to an n/a it will be ridiculosly loud as on a turbo car the turbo acts as a silencer

i had an hks silent power system years ago and it needed the centre box removed to give any sort of sound.lol

Yeah the HKS is a bit too quiet, I was considering it for the angle but have decided against it

I got a 2 1/2 straight though no back box just tip on and externally gated TD04 (zisco setup), its noise but over the top, passes mot no problem.

It's not the MOT I'm worried about but more so track regulations. NA failed it with straight through lol

Thanks for all your replies everyone! Think I'll play it safe and fit one small centre box so I can make sure it's quiet enough for track. If I don't think it's loud enough I can always get another straight section fitted :)

Hopefully will have a new system on the week after next :D

It's not the MOT I'm worried about but more so track regulations. NA failed it with straight through lol

Thanks for all your replies everyone! Think I'll play it safe and fit one small centre box so I can make sure it's quiet enough for track. If I don't think it's loud enough I can always get another straight section fitted :)

ASk dean to make the silencer a removeable bolt in section. job done!

Cars with externally gated systems will always be louder... My Power Getter got a SHIT TON louder when going from internal to external gate....

As for power getters, they sound glorious and look amazing when u polish them up nice!

Yeah without an external wastegate and screamer they're not that loud with a straight through (I don't think mine is anyway), the screamer is what makes the noise!

I have a straight through pipe on mine from tubby to back box mines a power flow system and I can't fault it sounds epic nice rumble on tickover then savage on boost and pass decibel testing everytime I've been on track last time I was on track at donny at Jap fest 2 think it got an 85 off the top of my head

Cars with externally gated systems will always be louder... My Power Getter got a SHIT TON louder when going from internal to external gate....

As for power getters, they sound glorious and look amazing when u polish them up nice!

I didn't know EWG would make it louder? I thought a screamer dumping gas would bypass the exhaust system?

ASk dean to make the silencer a removeable bolt in section. job done!

That's what I want, we'll see how it goes :)

Yeah without an external wastegate and screamer they're not that loud with a straight through (I don't think mine is anyway), the screamer is what makes the noise!

That's what I thought!

I have a straight through pipe on mine from tubby to back box mines a power flow system and I can't fault it sounds epic nice rumble on tickover then savage on boost and pass decibel testing everytime I've been on track last time I was on track at donny at Jap fest 2 think it got an 85 off the top of my head

Wow that's pretty quiet! Mine made 91dB with decat and Japspeed on CT9

I didn't know EWG would make it louder? I thought a screamer dumping gas would bypass the exhaust system?

Power Getter on a GT28.... Completely Different Noise, Loads Louder... Before even opening the gate.....

ct9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o0MN3GVJrU

gt28:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m4aZiGAhoI

What's the reason for it being louder with EWG? Just wondering as I'll eventually run EWG TD04 or similar

Might go for one box then if that's the case!

The screamer is effectively a completely open pipe from the cylinder head when the EWG opens, so no turbo to muffle the noise, of course you can route the screamer into the exhaust to quieten it down.