Bye bye Tax disc's……….

I think that sounds stupid,

1. Buying a car will be harder as you won't be able to see if it's taxed officially.

2. Paying by direct debit gives the banks even more control.

3. How do you convince officers of the law your vehicle is taxed if the system crashes which it will.

4. This will result in even more information to be electronically lost by the idiots in charge.

5. More CCTV cameras means even more control, harassment and surveillance on the general population.

Only my opinions though lads! :p

Tom.

I think that sounds stupid,

1. Buying a car will be harder as you won't be able to see if it's taxed officially.

2. Paying by direct debit gives the banks even more control.

3. How do you convince officers of the law your vehicle is taxed if the system crashes which it will.

4. This will result in even more information to be electronically lost by the idiots in charge.

5. More CCTV cameras means even more control, harassment and surveillance on the general population.

Only my opinions though lads! :p

Tom.

Well said as I totally agree.

Am with Guy Fawkes on this one lol why change a system that works fine it's guaranteed some thing will happen to the data base ahh I fancy moving abroad, anyone fancy Romania I have heard it's going to be quiet this time next year haha :p

Edited by Gainzy

Am with Guy Fawkes on this one lol why change a system that works fine it's guaranteed some thing will happen to the data base ahh I fancy moving abroad, anyone fancy Romania I have heard it's going to be quiet this time next year haha :p

Haha fucking brilliant nipper!!!

--- that's the word on the street I believe;)

Tom. :p

If they keep a record going back a few years so you can see if the cars been off the road for any period would be good. You can always check tax online by punching the reg in, so only lazy people will moan about not being able to see the tax disc when viewing a car. It might affect some old people who don't do computers. It's not all bad really, change is good

its about fucking time they introduced a smarter way of paying car tax. nothings as big a pain in the hole over here than driving round on a saturday morning trying to find a post office that does it.

also saves paying it in one lump sum, particularly if its due at an awkward time of the year as mine used to be. I'd rather pay a few quid each month for the alfa in one £225 lump sum which, now that I'm a home owner, can be a real fucking prick to find in one go.

suits me powerful-fecking-well.

Phil.

When I was taxing my car from it being SORN, I went to six post offices and none of them could do it. So I had to drive to Belfast (no tax) to get it done in the DVLA office. I couldn't do it either as I only bought the insurance the night before.

Paying monthly is also good, although the post office already do it, but again hassle going down once a month to pay £7.

We already have tax cameras on the main routes in N.I. so no change there.

It's depressing enough having to pay tax for our brilliant roads in the first place never mind having these cunts roping it out once a month, from now I make 1 year payment on line and hakuna matata job done :)

To be honest I don't agree with paying it in the first place! Absolute joke! If they could tax the air we breath they would!!! We're already taxed on everything by 20% and pay fuel duty and the rest.. Absolute joke this modern world! They take all of our money and theirs still peoe starving in a world of plenty!

- just my 2pence (again). :p

Tom.

It's depressing enough having to pay tax for our brilliant roads in the first place never mind having these cunts roping it out once a month, from now I make 1 year payment on line and hakuna matata job done :)

What tax is this that's supposed to pay for the roads?

I also agree why have a direct debit each month when you can just as easily save that cash each month (or over save) to pay a lump sum. Or buy only 6 months if it falls around Christmas then buy a years tax in June. I personally hate monthly bills as there's already so many of them so why make more.

Theoretically as all the details are stored on a database anyway it means more jobs can be cut, less has to be spent on printing, delivering and general administration fees relating to an actual physical disc. More DVLA jobs will be cut through this :p

Id also be willing to vouch that they slightly up the price with it

Edited by Addymk2

'The new option of paying by monthly direct debit is also expected to cost 5% more than paying for a full year in one go.'

Just a bunch of money grabbing cunts. Cannot wait to move out of this country. Fucking hate the cunts that run it

I need to tax my daily Legacy before new year, 156 quid for 6 months :(

I like the idea of the new system over this one, even though i fuckin grudge paying car tax, the way its based on emissions is a load of shite. You can roll about in a huge diesel 3.6L Porsche Panamera for example and pay absolutely fuck all road tax because its a "hybrid" , only does like 30 MPG fs !! Yet its like 70K so the owners could easily afford to pay tax.

Anger and rage.