Glanza Build Re-Shell White GT28...Haltech, ID1000cc, Now forged :)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome loving the build

Phil

Cheers mate

Best sometimes to over engineer things to save cost in the future good thinking also makes things safe as possible and not running on the limit.

Exactly what I am doing with my build

Exactly this. I want the parts ticking over and not on the limit all the time, my theory is if its built specifically and slightly over spec'd for it should last that little bit longer. Apart from the gearbox though lol

Nice work going on here :)

by the way are your cruise wings reps? Whats the fit like? May order some..

Cheers buddy.

Yeah their reps from ID Workz. So when you get them and fit them up the fitment is beyond shit. Takes a bit of filing and sanding but you can get them to fit bang on if you take the time :) defo worth the buy!

• 4 weeks later...

So my car is at the tuning company getting finished off, bit of welding, wiring up engine and mapping...

Front bar getting re-done and brackets getting made up for radiator and intercooler

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

Easily removable with a few bolts...

IMG_4862.jpg

And finally everything bolted up and starting on the wiring...

IMG_4863.jpg

Should be finally up and running in the few coming weeks with a nice figure attached to this :)

• 1 month later...

Got the car back from the tuners but not mapped yet, as had to finish of a few bits here and there around the car. Will hopefully be going back this week to get mapped and have a nice figure attached to it. Had a few issue with the engine being tight as I cranked it by hand with no plugs in but hooked it all up nevertheless and once cranked over all seems to be fine now.

Car as it stands now...

Need to make a dash surround/backing to mount the RackPak dash

wa34ed.jpg

Neat job of ECU tucked away and just a comms cable for mapping

2wexhs8.jpg

Interior shot

23jl4iq.jpg

Front car shot, had to cut out the bumper to fit as the intercooler piping is quite large

2e22p9s.jpg

w45c2.jpg

More info coming soon.

Awesome build man! I've really fancied going for a haltech ECU so can't wait to see how you get on with it

Cheers mate, getting mapped next week so will post up the results and if all goes smooth hopefully! The Haltech has been flawless so far in terms of being wired up and the other Haltech add-ons such as their wideband controller and boost controller.

extremely easy to set up software wise and dash, getting it all mounted up properly as well with external indicator lights, lights etc...

Should drive pretty sweet once done!

Nikhil

Looking forwards to updates next week :) looks great!

Same here, not long to go ;)

That display! Thumbs up dude

Cheers mate, will get some vids of it up once properly set up showing all the different warning features, F1 style lights etc...

Keeping an eye on this .like literally just leaving my eye balls here to roll around..coming out fantastic.

Haha cheers bro, it's come a long way and almost done now, few final pieces left and mapping underway.

Just some other quick snaps I have of the bay, few wires to tidy up that the tuners are doing.

20160416_160207.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

Utilizing an AEM 4 channel ignition amplifier to drive my COP setup...

20160416_160155.jpg

And a Link 3 BAR external MAP sensor for all that boost :) All the rest of the sensors, are AEM including oil pressure, fuel pressure, water & oil. I will use this in conjunction to do engine protection and if anything falls out of bounds will notify me on the IQ3 dash.

Also have a MAC 3 port boost controller to do boost by gear and the rest of the cool stuff so should have some nice features when all set up.

20160416_160129.jpg

Will update when the car comes back now.

Make sure you use the vin I gave you with car and not yours

Getting there now,you still got my number

Hi mate, yeah still have the plate! Need to rivet it back on when I get the car back.

I'm hoping I can get the car back this time next week as they just need to source a throttle cable for my Zisco intake to work.

PM me your number mate, i'll bring the car round once done.

Very nice build there mate, gen 1 Toyota rav 4 throttle cable is longer and a direct fit. Had the same problem with my inlet.

Thanks mate :)

Cheers for the info, i'll let my tuners know. Heard that the Rav 4 ones fit but there was no one to ever confirm this lol

Nice little project is this.. Have you done away with all the factory systems then? Or do some remain for stuff like headlights, indicators, etc?

I hope to do something similar with mine, except I don't need to worry too much about factory stuff given that it isn't a road car.

I have a wepr inlet and the throttle body is in the same sort of position so should work for you

Cheers mate, i'll give it a go :)

Nice little project is this.. Have you done away with all the factory systems then? Or do some remain for stuff like headlights, indicators, etc?

I hope to do something similar with mine, except I don't need to worry too much about factory stuff given that it isn't a road car.

Yepp, almost. So I removed the engine loom from the car and stripped back the tape. Issue is its not just the engine loom in there but a whole bunch of other stuff like window wipers, starter motor, alternator and grounds that you need to keep. If you follow the pin out diagram for the Glanza you can remove just the engine loom. You will need to create new grounds though as you would have ripped them all out.

I removed a massive bag of wires from the bay and was left with just, alternator, wiper motor and gearbox reverse switch wiring which is nothing. Them the new ECU loom gets made etc...makes it extremely tidy.

The indicators, headlights etc...are all on a separate loom, but if you have money to splash I would like to go for the Haltech SmartWire system and get rid off all physical fuses, relays etc and control it all via the ECU/SmartWire system electronically. Can do some cool stuff with it.

In your case it will be a piece of cake and relatively straight forward to remove the loom and lay a new engine loom down :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...