_shaun_'s forged hybrid gt28 v, wepr,zisco,dta

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ive not really made as much progress as ive wanted. due the weather and dentist driling half my jaw away for a tooth!

started hoarding some parts to fit.

8295F1E1-C79E-4D9E-810D-E1899C5AFE62_zps

then my gearbox arrived after a strip down turns out its a clutch type trd diff not a kazz but thats fine with me! just need to preload the diff and then paint the box.

D8383AFC-7C66-41A9-9950-CCF6C3AEF209_zps

043765C6-7224-472E-85E1-3985A9ECC7E9_zps

all my eletrics seem to be working fine after the tuck so i gave the bay a wee detail the bulk head came out really nice just need some warmer weather to attend to the surface rust. ignore the slightly messy bay alot of stuff was just put back in place to make sure it worked after the tuck than to fit it and find out i had to strip it back down

13ACC38B-0480-416A-BA00-1A030B61F9C1_zps

lastly the pile of wires sitting in the passanger footwell was annoying me so that went all back together and i decided to do something abit different with the center console so i relocatated the heater controls to the ash tray. moved my boost controler screen up top and fitted a galexy tablet to the car instead of a head unit which gives me my music and alot of apps such as sat nav/speedometer its got a decent data allowance and 4G so can sit and watch netflix if am sitting around. its all fitted and functional but i want to use it as is make sure am happy with it and placement before tidy up the surrond so its abit rough round some edges.

632D6A60-A1B5-4AE1-AEB0-6A5E29738F07_zps

savage stuff. as for your killing your brakes ,everytime I go out and do the lanes which I did today I destroy my brakes. they get so hot they smoke and stink bad. I think thats goin to be the next thing I sort. I did have at one point a set of ae111 brakes and they were soooo bang on and powerful and only got better and better the more abuse I gave them on brands trackday 2 years ago.

currently running yellow stuffs on stock discs ....nedd to sort that out pronto.

lovely car by the way man.

Edited by mikey4410

I was debating going for the likes of a big brake kit of another car but after having the wms kit on my first car and loving it decided I'd see how these compare roads are to damp to give the car any real abuse so looking forward to the warmer weather to put them through there paces.

Cars slowly coming together really just wanting to try enjoy it this year every year stuff seems to Pop up and make me miss the shows so hopefully things will go to plan this year ha

Whoop whoop!! We need to get a trip to Crail sorted. See who can all blow up a gearbox haha.

Ha am making sure I trailer Mine up so I can have some good fun :p if I blow mine I'll likely be cheering if you blow yours there shall be just silence ha!

Cheers dale something abit different that actualy has a lot of uses

Ha am making sure I trailer Mine up so I can have some good fun :p if I blow mine I'll likely be cheering if you blow yours there shall be just silence ha!

Cheers dale something abit different that actualy has a lot of uses

Good plan. If (when) i blow it there will be at least one window getting smashed haha.

Ha I was thinking of just getting everyone to bring spare parts and tools with them so we can just blow bits up and quickly change them over won't take long to swap out a box sadly your screwed if anything brakes ha

Yea that's the plan that's why I ended up choosing android over iOS as there's no support for that it's all coming together slowly if I ever manage to find a decent lock up to store the car progres may actualy be made at a decent speed

• 1 month later...

loving the tablet you must be watching mcm

ha who doesnt? annoyingly i had the idea when i was playing with the tablet in the car and though thats a great idea! then relised MCM had done it and worked out i musta thought of it because of that lol!

anyway my first rear brake caliper seizing in 5 years of starlet owner ship so thats not to bad! tryed to free it off but after applying a breaker bar and scaffolding pole to my caliper rewind tool the tool just snapped so it was decided i replacment was needed. took abit of time to track down but cars now back and running although ive drive it all off 20minutes and next time i see it its getting put on axle stands again. while it was undriveable ive spent a fair bit of time just spraying random brackets/gearbox and what not also done the scuttle panel and wiper arms which makes a nice difference.

D592B919-DB6C-45E7-9906-42A896780A0D_zps

mean while ive been gather parts to hopefully fit before japfest although its getting abit tight. the main one being a dta s80 pro so its time to stop playing around and go standalone! plan is to have it control my boost and launch control and theres a small discussion going on behind he scenes as to weather or not am stupid enough to try run anti-lagg the likely hood is if i do it will be done at the end of the season so can make some shows and then blow up my engine in time for the winter rebuild.

260A96A0-436A-4343-80F0-4FA5C3C675AF_zps

final piece of the puzzle arrived today which is actualy a peice of art to be honest. orc 309 clutch direct from japan. not to shabby at all left japan on friday night and arrived at my door tuesday morning. getting some nice hail stones and gael force winds down my way so once that goes away ill swap out the clutch and gearbox and run in the clutch before it gets taken back off the road to fit the inlet manifold at dta ecu along with the shiny bits like strut brace/cam cover/ clear timing belt cover.

4BDDCFE7-02D6-49D9-BFDA-F313B73DAF54_zps

014F154C-22E2-4AB6-86A3-298400E905C0_zps

am reasonably well known localy for being abit car obbsessed so with my spare room turned into a work shop and my walk in cupboard used as car part storage you used to get some intresting looks ive now updated the game with a spare forged lump in my utility room and my fine choice of ornaments on the shelf in my living room.

C1EE675A-94A2-4F43-8E09-47BBCD81B9A4_zps

Edited by _shaun_

Awesome, get stung on import or straight through? Tempted for one or a Competition Clutch undecided atm..would prefer the orc however i imagine getting replacement bits for the CC ones will be easier!

nah through no bother.they stuck the invoice for shipping on the outside and a seperate invoice for the clutch on the inside by mistake :rolleyes: so any import charges would have been minimal regardless

they sell full rebuild kits aswell.