amethyst purple glanzif! Volk split rims :) new brakes

So I travelled down today with a few friends to pick up my new car!

A 1998 starlet sportif with 95k on the clock due to tatty bodywork it cost me a measly 280 quid!! This is exactly what I wanted! The car pulls really well and mechanically has been really looked after! Just sadly had really crappy paint work orange peel every where!! Runs, paint flake, key marks so ruffs n dings but I love it!! :D I spent the day giving it a polish with my buffer it came up really well I didn't go crazy on it but really wanted to get rid of the salmon red hahaha

Before

qqo87k.jpg

141tpo8.jpg

14lq82r.jpg

2eq3q1e.jpg

2uruu0w.jpg

In the process! New sticker ;) a cool little made in japan sticker that was on the car, and a funky oem sony tape player that came with the car :) also my dog had to give it the jdm seal of approval :)

35a57ah.jpg

amxzis.jpg

15gwk6e.jpg

211qywg.jpg

5n2l3t.jpg

After my s3 camera is crap so pictures don't do it justice, the car is obviously miles away from the standard I want but at least she looks like she's been looked after a it more now :)

2198b2b.jpg

2946kua.jpg

ve2c7l.jpg

5m9vmq.jpg

So far I have a glanza front bumper with a rare oem lip, glanza head lights, a Toyota jdm warning flare, dizzy from here kindly gave me a CD player too :) once I have the entire kit I'll strip the car down and respray the entire thing I also want oem wind deflectors and rota grid vs :) well there's tons of things I want to do but I'll be typing forever!!

Edited by Rich-k
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha cheers guys :)

So ideally what I plan to do is get my self the full glanza kit, I know I know ooh another glanza rep but I just love the way they look!! So once I have the kit ill sand the car back completely get the shite paint work off probably strip the panels with paint flake right back to bare metal, once I've completed the rapairs ill primer everything block the primer down with something course like a 320 grade paper, re primer it again then wet sand the car down so it's soooo straight and will shine like a mirror!

I'm really quite undecided on what I want to do with the interior yet, but I do like the idea of a flocked dash! And some tasty recaro or bride seats :) who knows what will happen it's only day two :)

Here's a pic of my new bumper and headlights :)

2czvyc4.jpg

Sorry to hear about your car ryan :(

Haha josh get scrubbing mate it makes a huge difference! I just used products from halfords! The farecla g3 scratch remover is pretty good! Does the same job as the green top 3m stuff i use in work! :)

cheers mikey! Well see what i can do with it! :)

Contemplating ditching my yellow fogs too rich so maybe those on the cards too :)

that would be so sweet dude i love the yellow fogs!!

Yeah lee inhave tons of plans its just having the money haha

updates may be slow on here for a while as i have a holiday in 7 weeks so i need to spare all my cash! But after that she gets treated!! I will more then likely fit wheels and coilovers first, and a few performance mods but the big updates will come once i can start painting it all! Then after that i can concentrate on making it go fast haha cant wait! :)

Thanks matey! Took her for a good spin yesterday n noticed she has a crappy missfire in the low rev range and had to top up the oil as it was pretty non existant! (Last owner was a girl lol) so ill give her a full service and a new fuel filter :) cant wait to do the exiting things lol!!

Update!!

So i collected my glanza bumper and headlights from dizzy thanks mate!

i was also very lucky to get some free brand new D1 spec gold lug nuts from a mate in work he just pulled them out his tool box!

My mrs won me a genuine apexi hypercone air filter for £22 quid on ebay! Just need the adaptor plate and pipe work now to run a cold air feed :)

also all being well i get to pick up my new glanza bonnet side skirts n rear bumper on the weekend! Ill post pics when im able too :)

i called into toyota today for a quote on service parts got a trade price quote of 58 quid for

5 litre of oil

oil filter

spark plugs

air filter

fuel filter

sump plug

im pretty chuffed with that :)

So i thought id share some pics to keep you all entertained! i havnt really fitted anything or done much to the car as I've been to busy driving it! taking my time to learn the car n fiddle out all the nicks n knocks before i start changing things! I have noticed that when my car goes below quater of a tank it gets a shitty miss fire could this be the fuel filter or pump?

Some pics

The Apexi air filter i won on ebay for 20 quid its not the best condition cosmetically but as long as it works im not bothered it will more than likely be hidden behind the bumper anyway!! :) I have always used these filters on all my cars i love them :)

2nk6fpe.jpg

3166m8y.jpg

My stickers for when I've resprayed it

34t1v1z.jpg

My FREE brand new D1 spec lug nuts!

212df0g.jpg

My bumper! ill share pics of my headlights once I've cleaned them up:)

1oqdts.jpg

28hos5w.jpg

Nice one josh gunna be turning some intercooler pipes into a hard pipe kit for the intake haha

yes mate was in wrexham! Only 45 mins away from.me so it was ideal! Mechanically it has been really well looked after and suprisingly for a girls car it was really clean on the inside lol

yes mate was in wrexham! Only 45 mins away from.me so it was ideal! Mechanically it has been really well looked after and suprisingly for a girls car it was really clean on the inside lol

Good to hear mate :) I ended up buying a red Sportif from Cumbria which is 110 from where I am and 84 miles into return journey the rear wheel bearing collapsed and wheel was inches from coming off completely, some smart Person had put a nail where the split pin should have been haha. Back on 4 wheels now tho after some "creative methods" grinding the remains of the bearing from the axel etc. I'll get some pics of the car up if you are interested?

Good to hear mate :) I ended up buying a red Sportif from Cumbria which is 110 from where I am and 84 miles into return journey the rear wheel bearing collapsed and wheel was inches from coming off completely, some smart Person had put a nail where the split pin should have been haha. Back on 4 wheels now tho after some "creative methods" grinding the remains of the bearing from the axel etc. I'll get some pics of the car up if you are interested?

yeah sure mate post away! Sorry to hear you had such a pain in the ass with it!

Could anyone tell me what bulbs i need for glanza front fogs and how id wire them in? Ta :)