amethyst purple glanzif! Volk split rims :) new brakes

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys! I know i went straight on the internet to find a pic of a glanza with smoothed off sides and i cdnt find one anywhere! So i have no idea if it will look any good so im pooing it a bit lol im hoping it looks awesome tho :)

my first white sr had a dent exactly the same on the quarter and so does my current daily sr haha

think its corey's glanza that is smoothed off and looks smart, something I've considered too but kinda like them there haha look forward to seeing this done bud :)

Hahahah thats so weird! Just be a starlet thing lol really ill have too check his out!! :) cant wait to just finnish the bloomin thing now haha looks a mess atm all.in bits and half in primer lol incentive to get it finnished at least!!

my first white sr had a dent exactly the same on the quarter and so does my current daily sr haha

think its corey's glanza that is smoothed off and looks smart, something I've considered too but kinda like them there haha look forward to seeing this done bud :)

Just found the smoothed sides so glad I've done it!!!!

So as im sat on the workshop floor waiting for my car to come off bake so i can drive home, i thought id update This thread again! Me and my mate rob got set tackling The little dents and smoothing the lines on the other side

p><p>[img]<a data-ipb=http://i60.tinypic.com/2d0cr522d0cr52.jpg.jpg' alt='2d0cr52.jpg" alt="2d0cr52.jpg">.jpg'>

do9vf5.jpg

I CANT WAIT TO FINNISH IT

Getting there love it!!

Thank you mate! Just gotta repair the boot, im being talked into smoothing off my rear wiper and ariel I&#39;ve never usually been one for doing that but what does everyone think?

If you don't use the wiper and aerial then get rid :)

Build looks good so far, are you not going to prime the full car?

Good logic lol :) I&#39;ve got an interior ariel i can use! Tucked in nicely on the dash instead of 10000ft in the air lol

Yeah im going to primer the entire car i just put a fair few coats over the repairs to allow them time to weather and sink, so ill then block down along with the entire shell and that should hopefully show up any imperfections so i can sort them out before primering the entire shell. I want my car to be super straight like a piece of glass fingers crossed! :)

• 2 weeks later...

So tonight i just sanded the primer on the bonnet and re primered it and my rear splitter :)

dzuvsp.jpg

jt3ybs.jpg

30sw0zk.jpg

fdbtdy.jpg

To do list:

Fit SR dials

Fit my new black gear gaitor

Fix dent on boot

Smooth arial wiper boot lock and wings

Prep glanza mirrors for paint

Block down all repairs once primering is done, sand down the entire car and give it its final stage of primer

Test fit all the new bits

Strip down the car

Doors, windows rubber seals etc etc

Prep for paint

Paint that biyatch

Laquer head lights n wind deflectors

Lots of polishing

Final build up

And enjoy!!! Theres obv alot more to do but thats just off the top of my head whilst my mrs is naggin at me to do some cleaning lol

Hi pal love the car

I have just got my self one last week I want to do the same as u have i had the tape player to just changed that and put a air filter on too thinking wheels next because I have the standard 145 80 13 steals on and it handles like a dog

Steve

Hi pal love the car

I have just got my self one last week I want to do the same as u have i had the tape player to just changed that and put a air filter on too thinking wheels next because I have the standard 145 80 13 steals on and it handles like a dog

Steve

Great stuff mate! Get a progress thread up be good too see what you do! yeah man the standard wheels are awful about the size of a wheel barrow lol

• 2 weeks later...

So i aquired a glanza boot lid! (Late xmas prezzie from my mrs) it was only about a 30 min drive from my house, but road works meant it took just over an hour to get there! At the mo it looks a bit like ali g had a glanza n wanted to get into max power with him pimp two tone glanza lol what i didnt realise till i pulled it out my car today was that its already been smoothed happy days! Quick check and it has been welded up and saved me some hassle! Just my ariel n wings now! I just gotta strip it down now spoiler off (its for sale if anyone wants it) reg surround off, window out as theres a slight bit of rust around the window, n prep the shit out of it lol im gunna remove the window tint too as im not keen, but thats it final peice to the glanza puzzle! Just need lowering sprigs for now, tyres for my enkeis and a custom exhaust making! Then i hopefully wont have to spend much more on my car till after my holiday to mexico once its painted n polished lol also a pic of my gear gaitor my old man bought me for christmas nice leather black one as mines ripped :(

2lvd5wy.jpg

fvbms5.jpg

Really enjoyed reading through this some awesome work been done here!

Are you a a painter by trade?

Love the idea of smoothing everything in will look so fresh when done.

Any idea what colour you're going to spray it? (Sorry if you mentioned somewhere lol)

Thank you! Yes im a painter by trade I&#39;ve been following your glanza build on facebook i really like it! Im excited for the smoothing off i have never really done it before on any of my cars so i hope it works lol! The colour im doing is kinda like yours but alot more dark vw blackberry metallic i really cant wait! Thanks again :)

I know cam it looks awful lol

Awesome you've probably had a good laugh at my Glanza build then. bodge it, and if that doesn't work, bodge it some more! (body/paint wise anyways haha). I should just pay someone to spray it properly lol but you don't learn that way i suppose

Can't wait to see it, love starlets in a non-standard colour!

You'll have to put a turbo engine in once its all done!

Awesome you've probably had a good laugh at my Glanza build then. bodge it, and if that doesn't work, bodge it some more! (body/paint wise anyways haha). I should just pay someone to spray it properly lol but you don't learn that way i suppose

Can't wait to see it, love starlets in a non-standard colour!

You'll have to put a turbo engine in once its all done!

I love your build! Do you have a progress thread on here? I really admire that you have tackled it all your self most people wouldnt dare! At tbf it dont look bad at all!! Better than most people who try a bit of DIY painting! So hats off to you :)

I cant wait too see it either lol yes a turbo is deffo on the cards!!!

I sat and wrote a build thread for it basically from when i got it until now but i need to upload the photos first, MOD computer won't let me access photo upload sites so i'll get it sorted ASAP. She's going for MOT tomorrow i'm so excited, even i've never seen it in daylight hahaha it's been a total emotional rollercoaster but i've had a go at everything lol.

I've just got another GT too that needs a respray. The shell is straight no dents or scratches. Going to spray it 3E5 flat red (no lacquer required eeee! lol) So i'm hoping to make a better job of that having learned so much from the Glanza.

Out of interest, would you prefer to fit the rear lip to the bumper before primer/paint or after? I've had different opinions on it haha. Mine was already fitted and i didn't fancy trying to pry it off so i left mine on, i just wondered?