amethyst purple glanzif! Volk split rims :) new brakes

It is an awesome wheel can't wait to fit it :)

Thought I'd upload a pic if my bumper too :)

33a9aq0.jpg

So if decided with us being close to christmas I'm going to paint her after crimbo when I have more money! All I wanna get now is an exhaust and coilovers, and should I go for the glanza reg plate surround? I'm also thinking do I strip my interior and paint it like glass? Hoping to tint my headlights and wind deflectors this weekend :) all the panels are repaired ready for primer just she'll now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys! Cant wait to do it wont be till after xmas now but I've got alot of work ahead of me many late nights and long weekends but fingers crossed its all worth it!

I've got my self a skunk 2 neo chrome gear knob fitted now i will post pics and I've put 2 thick coats of primer on my wings n bumpers too highlight any imperfections or dents that may have been missed before i start properly primering it :)

so tonight my interior bits because I had some spare time :)

got my Nardi wheel fitted! Fitted my flare into my flare holder and grabbed a sneeky pic of my skunk 2 gear knob! My old fella has bought me a black leather gear gaitor for crimbo and I think im going to buy some SR dials as they are plug and play in my N.A rather than faffing about with the wires in the back of glanza ones, all I want is

a the rev counter anyway haha :)

25f7qtv.jpg

e87nly.jpg

2i95puq.jpg

Thumbs up for the JDM! Are those flares legal in the car? Maybe it's just over here because everyone's a terrorist but I remember being told not to put one in my car because if police find it its counted as an explosive??

Either way, I love it! Haha

Beth

Thumbs up for the JDM! Are those flares legal in the car? Maybe it's just over here because everyone's a terrorist but I remember being told not to put one in my car because if police find it its counted as an explosive?? Either way, I love it! HahaBeth

Yeah they are illegal but I'm a real bad ass lmao I'll just say it came with the car and I have no idea what it was lol!! Thanks Beth all the little things make a difference lol

No need for a rev counter, use sound like a real man :p It's all i did when i had my old silver N/A

Lmao nooo way dude gotta have a rev counter! Edited by Rich-k

hurry up and get that bloody glanza kit on lol dont worry about the flare I've had one in my car 4 years and never had an issue :)

hahaha ill be doing it all after christmas, still have a few things to buy and then i can buy my paint and laquer, its going to be mental going from how she looks now to a complete transformation hahahaa not like I've been doing it slowly over time adding bit by bit, just roll into the garage on 13" steelies full of peel dinks dents and laquer flake looking like a poor abused granny wagon, and roll out looking like a complete different car be like something of stars in your eyes! hahahaa

Well anyway abit more to update, took my 96 spec glanza rear lights to work, i got these because mine have cracks and chips all in them, and i really wanted to get rid of that clear reverse bit, I buy red tinting film but i thought sod it i may as well go for the genuine thing!

24696rm.jpg

i also had to put a bit of toyota on my tool box lol

2w4iro5.jpg

and i cant wait to be doing this to my own car not other peoples!!!

24kxg2f.jpg

So whats next to do??? between now and Christmas i probably wont be buying much more for my car as everyone knows your money aint your money in December lol!

In jan the Plans are to sort out some Coilovers, if possible ill be going for Meister-R and hopefully an adjustable panhard rod too.

I definitely need better brakes and four new tyres for my alloys to say bye bye to the steelies lol

Coilovers and wheels will be first aslong with repairing and painting the car, fitting all my bits! Once that's all done I can start concentrating on all the other things like an engine conversion and what not. I'm hoping to have the car Finnished by some point in Feb, Painted and all ready for the road, I really dont want to have the car off the road for too long! Some late nights and long weekends should do it!! Can anyone tell me if the rear quater glasses are bonded in place? As i would like to remove them for when she gets painted!!

So tonight i carried on with the body work! I had put a few coats of primer on my wings and bumpers to highlight any imperfecions i blocked them down tonight with a p180 grade sand paper to get them nice and flat for when i prime them properly, ill do about 6 coats next time and block them with a p320 grade then another 5 or so coats and repeat the 320 sanding but finnish it off in a p500 grade. Ill repeat the process on the entire car :)

24lpmi9.jpg

2lihggn.jpg

26078u9.jpg

156tj6t.jpg

29w1kph.jpg

2ryri4o.jpg

2gtrj4o.jpg

parts collection lol

o8ta2g.jpg

test fitted my rear splitter then prepped it for primer :)

333xtn4.jpg

2wr3whx.jpg

i removed the scoop too to start work on my bonnet!

14jyo3l.jpg

next stop is block down and repair my bonnet! Then first few coats of primer on that the side skirts and the repairs and doors on the shell!! And its really plain sailing from then on out, i think the biggest part of it will be the polishing after its had about 7 coats of laquer :)

must enjoy the sanding looks like alot of work after the 500 grist whats your next step painting

Sanding is just a big part of my job mate so im just used to it lmao yeah after 500 grit comes the paint! As im going for a dark colour i need yo ensure theres not one ripple or dink other wise it will show up like a sore thumb lol

Picked up my 98 spec spoiler tonight from dizzy thanks mate! :) not the best pic but an update is an update lol

3342b5s.jpg

So tonight we decided to tackle my shell, only one half as this was the biggest repair there was to do! The quater dont look as bad in pics but it was quite stoved on so it required a fair bit of work!

xcn4pf.jpg

2viqm2b.jpg

One thing we soon realised is the quater is fucked and well never replicate that sweage line that goes down the side :(

2yyyt6t.jpg

so the deciaion was made to smooth them off!!

2448mev.jpg

a fair few skims later and lots of rubbing down it was time for primer!!!!

1127ddh.jpg

5z4h2v.jpg

not bad for a nights work :) next to do is smooth the little bits on the wings, few small dents on the other side and obviously smooth it, and repair a dent on my bootlid! Then its all paint prep! What do you make to the sides smoothed???

Also I've got some SR dials now!! :)