amethyst purple glanzif! Volk split rims :) new brakes

I sat and wrote a build thread for it basically from when i got it until now but i need to upload the photos first, MOD computer won't let me access photo upload sites so i'll get it sorted ASAP. She's going for MOT tomorrow i'm so excited, even i've never seen it in daylight hahaha it's been a total emotional rollercoaster but i've had a go at everything lol.

I've just got another GT too that needs a respray. The shell is straight no dents or scratches. Going to spray it 3E5 flat red (no lacquer required eeee! lol) So i'm hoping to make a better job of that having learned so much from the Glanza.

Out of interest, would you prefer to fit the rear lip to the bumper before primer/paint or after? I've had different opinions on it haha. Mine was already fitted and i didn't fancy trying to pry it off so i left mine on, i just wondered?

Ah thats a shame i really wanna see how much you have done to it! :) i know the feeling me and my mate spent over 2 years building his mk1 golf it was emotional day when it was finally road legal lol you must be proper excited! :) going direct gloss thats perfect really because it covers imperfections really well! Just be careful as it can run easier than laquer at times. Id prefer to fit it after simply because it can seal the paint behind the lip n save it flaking off and also prevents a thick edge building up againts the lip and bumper :)
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol you spurred me on to get the thread up so it's up now ^_^ (I'll be adding more pics into it)

Yeah hindsight is a great thing and looking back as my first attempt spraying i shouldve gone with gloss white for the glanza as i cant put lacquer on anything without it going shit! lol.

I really wanted to spray the GT BMW morrocan brown... But decided to try and make it look like the TOMs GT lol.

When are you painting the car then? how far off is it?

Lol you spurred me on to get the thread up so it's up now ^_^ (I'll be adding more pics into it)

Yeah hindsight is a great thing and looking back as my first attempt spraying i shouldve gone with gloss white for the glanza as i cant put lacquer on anything without it going shit! lol.

I really wanted to spray the GT BMW morrocan brown... But decided to try and make it look like the TOMs GT lol.

When are you painting the car then? how far off is it?

Trust me gloss colours aint much easier than laquer lol but judging from your car you dont struggle as much as you say I've seen fully qualified painters pull out worse jobs!! So well done!!

Im hoping to have the car painted by the end pf feb as once the last bits of smoothing are done it wont take me very long to do!! :)

So i thought id update a list of parts i have bought for my car because im excited haha

Glanza front bumper smoothed

Glanza rear bumper

Glanza oem rear lip

Glanza side skirts

Glanza front wings x2

Glanza headlights

Glanza front fog lights 96 spec

Glanza 96 spec rear lights

Glanza 98 spec rear spoiler

Glanza bootlid wiper and lock smoothed

Glanza folding mirrors

Glanza warning flare and holder

Glanza sun visors

Glanza s stickers

Oem wind deflectors

Enkei rp01 alloys 14"

Genuine nardi steering wheel with boss

D1 spec lug nuts gold

Black leather gear gaitor

Skunk 2 neo chrome gear knob

Apexi induction kit

Sr dials

Boot, doors, wings, arial all smoothed :)

Not a bad haul so far!

So tonight this happened!!

24e9oci.jpg

I also fitted my sr dials yet i didnt realise they needed thr wires swapping around i looked at a diagram on here but my wires where completely different to his so im totally stumped lol :(

Looking good as always, wish I'd removed the aerial on my Glanza but maybe in time to come.

I sprayed up both bumpers, bootlid, ducktail and spoiler on my ep80 in 3E5 with no lacquer and it just seemed to sit perfect straight from the gun just found it easier to work with in a dusty cold chicken shed lol if any little bits fall in the paint can just bury it haha.

Just can't wait to see this with fresh paint on now!

Looking good as always, wish I'd removed the aerial on my Glanza but maybe in time to come.

I sprayed up both bumpers, bootlid, ducktail and spoiler on my ep80 in 3E5 with no lacquer and it just seemed to sit perfect straight from the gun just found it easier to work with in a dusty cold chicken shed lol if any little bits fall in the paint can just bury it haha.

Just can't wait to see this with fresh paint on now!

Thank you! It is worth doing just makes it look much smoother, i know its not oem but i think it will look good :)

Yeah high solids is great so thick it just covers anything lol! Send me some pics on facebook so i can have a look! :)

Same here im so excited! I can primer the whole shell now :)

• 3 weeks later...

Not a major update but managed to get a little more work done on my fire breathing mass weapon of starlet justice! Or in other words my sportif lol

I professionally removed the horrible tinted rear window with my hammer, stanley knife and a brush lol

And i started grinding out the small patches of rust kreeping in from behind the window, i ground the entire edge to ensure there was no more rust, toyotas seem to do really well in the rust department.

2r41o2p.jpg

2dmip1e.jpg

igiuja.jpg

Still a long way off on it yet im hoping i can just get a weekend where i can crack on with it and get a large amount of work done, once this is done and the remainder off the shell its only the small bits to prep then like the spoiler and bonnet scoop mirrors, i wanna underseal my car paint my lower arms etc, paint the slam pannel etc black and matt black all the trims so they look new.

Also wired in an interior ariel through my dash, up the side pillar and out behind the rear view mirror! Woo finally got radio!

I have even got a new double din! Its not the latest model by any means but it was brand new i got it off a work mate! It has all the gizmos i want like a mic for hands free, 2 full time phone connectivity, 2 usb ports, aux cables all that stuff, bluetooth android conpatability, remote, a usb wire leading out so i can charge my phone, even has steering wheel function obv wont be using that lol but im well chuffed with it :) had to trim my surround on the inside but you cant tell from the outside and its a very snug fit :)

9vjha1.jpg

Thanks mate! Well next major thing is

Service it again

Put in the bosch super 4 plugs I've bought

Replace a wheel bearing just need to check which one

Replace cam belt

Replace ht leads

Top up all fluids as usual

Fit the fuel filter i bought ages ago lol

Think ill use engine flush etc too she drives fine but my oil smells a bit burnt, done about 5k miles since its last service and she was quite low on oil then from previous owner not checking it and a garage re used an old oil filter!!! So hoping to get rid of this niggly miss fire i have n get her running like new!

Cheers guys! I really hope so too but well see! If anything it will be financial situation getting in my way!

Doing abit of a service after work

New oil and filter

Air filter

Plugs bosch super 4s, and im going to replace the sump plug too, im gettin a new set of ht leads next week too :)

Edited by Rich-k